finally i got a tarot deck i went to the store yestarday not looking and i got one

ben bailey

i went to the store yestarday not looking to buy a tarot deck because i am awaiting one in the mail. i bought the instant tarot reader by :zerner-farber on e-bay but when i went to the store yestarday i felt drawn to a deck after two hours of debate i did it i bought it .it is " The Celtic Tarot " by Julian De Burgh ..i love the art work on this deck it is beautiful to me everything i have been looking for . has anyone else felt drawn to a deck and if so what happend did you by it or not?

Blessings to all
ben

Cerulean

Very pretty deck and there's a link...

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/celtic-2/index.shtml

I'll try to find a link to Julian De Burgh's website...he wrote one or two books.

My original deck, as pretty as it was, I gave away, as I had many celtic decks and didn't work with all of them. It's a very very nice deck.

Maybe I'll look at this again, if I can find his books.

Regards,

Cerulean

Cerulean

Here is a website with a sample reading with the cards

I believe this is the author's website...after you read the first page, a sample layout with the deck backs come up. Click on the word "here" to shuffle the deck, then click on the deck backs and images appear. Click twice and the written meanings appear for that card.

Hope it adds to your enjoyment of the deck. I like the picture with the swans that I see in some of the card samples...very pretty. If you think the meaning of the cards are sometimes a little sad, you can just use it as a beginning point in the reading...the other cards you pull around any cards with a sad meaning can also suggest alternative story ideas and themes.

http://www.ivenus.com/horoscopes/tarot/

Hope you are enjoying your deck!

Cerulean

Eco74

That's the perfect way to shop for a deck.

I've only ever gotten decks I feel drawn too, and every one of them has taught me something new.
The way I've interpreted the pull is, if something attracts me and pulls me towards it, it has something to tell me and I can learn something from it.

You've chosen a beautiful deck and I'm sure that you will be able to learn plenty from it on your tarot-journey. :)

mythos

Congratulations Ben .... I have a couple of Celtic-type decks ... not this one though ... don't really do it for me ... but there is nothing quite like finding THAT deck ... the one that makes your heart skip a beat.

mythos:)

WolfSpirit

Enjoy your Celtic tarot, Ben. I have this one too, it is one of the first decks I got. I fell in love with the gentle artwork of the deck. For me the deck still has a unique atmosphere around it.
I also enjoyed the companion book with its stories that make the cards easier to interpret.

Sulis

I've never really looked at this deck. Thanks to the links from Cerulean, I now think it's a lovely looking deck.

Enjoy :)

Love
Sulis xx

ben bailey

thank you all

thank you all ,your input was great..
i did my first speard last night it was awesome hit on point what more could i ask for than a deck that hits on point on the very first reading i ever do..lol

blessings to all

ben

Logiatrix

Congratulations, ben bailey!

How wonderful for you to have finally found "The One"
you've been looking for. I can see why it's the DeBurgh
Celtic Tarot; it's was a favorite of mine when I
collected, because it is so very pretty. It was one of
those in my collection I preserved strictly for admiring;
now I wish I'd dared to enjoy it as a reading deck.

At least now I can still appreciate the deck vicariously,
through your experiences. I hope to read more of your
posts, about this deck or any other tarot topic. It's already
been fun, sharing this passage into Tarotland with you...

There's a lot to learn, but you have a wonderful resource of
information and support available to you here. You probably
already realize that tarot is really limitless; there's no title to
achieve, no peak you have to reach, no end to the mystery.
Just take your time, enjoy the voyage, and keep posting...
:)

earth mama

Its beautiful

I just had a look at the website i think this deck is absolutely gorgeous i might even consider getting it myself.