Food Inspiration Tarot - work in progress...

jumptothemoonyea

ophrys said:
Have you seen "i tarocchi dell'artusi?" Artusi is the author of an old (and fun )cookbook
nope, would be interesting to see it, thanks for the reference, never could follow a cookbook, though :)

contradiction: I am seriously taking any suggestions for the cards and any jokes, coming along (what food without salt and pepper? :D), I always believed in sharing and accepting good ideas from any source, thanks for encouraging attitude

thinking about next card...

aaquwaa

hey,
That star is pretty cool!
How about a hot chile for the devil. :)
aaquwaa

jumptothemoonyea

aaquwaa:
How about a hot chile for the devil.
-this is a great idea, I think I will

just finished one more card - The Lovers. Please take a look.

The Lovers

electric_tears

I think that is crazy to make a deck that has to do with food of all things. i definately wouldnt buy it. But thats just me.

jumptothemoonyea

dear electric_tears -

I am sorry you dont like this idea, I am thinking to close the thread?

A couple of thoughts in defense... history of art... still life .... beautiful food paintings by greatest artists... in Vatican ... in best art museums

http://www.wga.hu/art/d/dijck/stillife.jpg
http://www.wga.hu/art/m/moillon/2cherrie.jpg

old artists called it still-life
in tarot, the magic power of the food, brings it to another form of life, beyond still

Grigori

Love the cards. I'm thinking the Six of Cups is that week old chocolate cake in my fridge right now. It's stale, and I really should get something new, but I remember how good it was, and it can't be that bad can it...?

Rosanne

Food for thought

Don't close the thread- anyones view on Tarot, I value. I was thinking about Mushrooms- the Magician? Or maybe they should be on the X111.I thought the star should have the Milky Whey. Well contructed cards in my opinion.Chocolate or chilli for the devil seems a little passe- how about a Bacchanalian feast for that one!! Keep going JTTMY. Rosanne

Major Tom

jumptothemoonyea said:
I am thinking to close the thread?

Why would you think to close the thead? (you cannot by the way)

I think your concept is fascinating.

I can't remember a link, but have you heard about the tarot deck based on recipies?

Have you thought about greyscale? ;)

souljourney

Keep doing this Jump!!! I love them!!!
Not everyone likes everything. I mean if it were up to me to support buying historical style decks they probably wouldn't exist. I just don't like them. They have lots of value, history, etc. And some people get great meaning from them. I don't...but also I didn't cut down their very existance and creation.

Oh and here is the link Major Tom is refering to I think.
The Epicurean Tarot.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/epicurean/

It would be neat to see what foods/recipes they associate with different cards.
Rosanne, Love the "magic mushroom" idea. Hehehe
SJ

jumptothemoonyea

instead of thinking of the next card, cannot take my mind of the Moon, different ideas keep popping up, there is nothing I can do about it - this a nature of the Moon - changing it's face every two days :), why resist? :)

similia: thank you, interesting idea about the: "old chocolate cake in my fridge... " thinking about it

Rosanne: thank you, I forgot about the mushrooms, "Mushrooms- the Magician? Bacchanalian feast... for the devil ..." - very true

Major Tom: thank you, it is very brave of you. "Have you thought about greyscale?" I do like greyscale, it is so laconic and pure, but here, with food, with all it's rich life force essence, cannot do w/o colors

SJ - thanks for your support and ideas, this is a beginning, I am cautious to write much description about the cards yet, they may lock the free flow of intuition ... , to delineate a path, I'd rather everybody choose their own... , eventually we need to do it, I guess, too much freedom w/o the rules ...:)

ohhoho, the next card will be ... should I put big cheese head in the Moon card? :D