Fool Rx

Casey74

How would you interpret this card as advice. The Fool is carefree, ignorant and ready to go albeit any danger ahead. As reversed hes certainly not the opposite of those. Would it be that hes even more oblivious as he steps off the cliff.
As an action to take could this card be saying that this idea I have is not feasible and im better off not doing it all together. Ive very rarely ever get the Fool and have never had it in Rx.

Please advise any interpretations
Thank you

Thirteen

Would it be that hes even more oblivious as he steps off the cliff.
Pretty much, yes. The problem you're having here isn't with the reversal, it's with your assumption that all advice in the advice position is what you should do. But that advice can also be what you shouldn't do. Or what you should stop doing. In this case don't be so distracted by how pretty everything is that you go over a cliff...watch where you're going. This as compared to the upright Fool which would say, "DO try to see the world all fresh and innocent as a child. DO allow yourself to be distracted by the pretty things, you won't wander off the cliff this time."

This doesn't mean that the card is advising you to be cynical or wise or do research and such. You are entering into this like a wide-eyed child and the cards aren't against that (if they were you'd get something like the Hermit as advice. "Get more info, smarten up"). But you don't say that when you take a child out on a walk. You let them look around, and if they're in a safe park, you let them go where they like and look at what they like. If, however, you're walking down the street with them, you will say "look both ways before crossing" because in that situation, being inattentive is dangerous. It doesn't undermine the wonder and delight the child takes on the walk, but it does keep them from getting run over.

Casey74

Pretty much, yes. The problem you're having here isn't with the reversal, it's with your assumption that all advice in the advice position is what you should do. But that advice can also be what you shouldn't do. Or what you should stop doing. In this case don't be so distracted by how pretty everything is that you go over a cliff...watch where you're going. This as compared to the upright Fool which would say, "DO try to see the world all fresh and innocent as a child. DO allow yourself to be distracted by the pretty things, you won't wander off the cliff this time."

This doesn't mean that the card is advising you to be cynical or wise or do research and such. You are entering into this like a wide-eyed child and the cards aren't against that (if they were you'd get something like the Hermit as advice. "Get more info, smarten up"). But you don't say that when you take a child out on a walk. You let them look around, and if they're in a safe park, you let them go where they like and look at what they like. If, however, you're walking down the street with them, you will say "look both ways before crossing" because in that situation, being inattentive is dangerous. It doesn't undermine the wonder and delight the child takes on the walk, but it does keep them from getting run over.

Ok this makes sense. I probably am a little over enthused and may have some big dreams about where I'd like this part of my life to take me. Ive just waited so long to take the first step that I may be in a hurry to get things done but i also feel that perhaps I may have left it a little late.
I think im definitely the fool taking a first step here and i definitely have some hopes but Im also ok if things dont work out as just knowing that I actually took that first step makes me feel happy and content.
There may be scrupulous people along the way on this journey so that could be something id need to look out for.

Thanks so much :)

Thirteen

There may be scrupulous people along the way on this journey so that could be something id need to look out for.
So, simply put, enjoy those first steps and keep up your sense of wonder, enjoyment and enthusiasm. But *DO* look both ways before crossing the street. Don't get so distracted by it all that you stop being aware of where you are or where you're going.

Casey74

So, simply put, enjoy those first steps and keep up your sense of wonder, enjoyment and enthusiasm. But *DO* look both ways before crossing the street. Don't get so distracted by it all that you stop being aware of where you are or where you're going.

Yes absolutely. When I was younger I always had a sense of the Fool inside. Going where and doing what I wanted. As I got older I did lose that sense of wonder and carefree. I think this is good advice. Enjoy this new journey and also be aware of things around me. Double check contracts and dont put it before everything else..there is a chance I would have to cancel my current work shifts at the last minute to fit this in so that could be a warning, also i would need to declare the earnings and I would have to make sure I do everything above board.
Thank you :)

Ruby Jewel

How would you interpret this card as advice. The Fool is carefree, ignorant and ready to go albeit any danger ahead. As reversed hes certainly not the opposite of those. Would it be that hes even more oblivious as he steps off the cliff.
As an action to take could this card be saying that this idea I have is not feasible and im better off not doing it all together. Ive very rarely ever get the Fool and have never had it in Rx.

Please advise any interpretations
Thank you

Failure to take the leap...too afraid to take the chance....missing out on a great opportunity, perhaps one you are fated to take, but fail to do it out of fear. When the Fool comes up it is saying "go for it!!" Reversed says you either missed it or will miss the opportunity ..... perhaps of a lifetime.

Casey74

Failure to take the leap...too afraid to take the chance....missing out on a great opportunity, perhaps one you are fated to take, but fail to do it out of fear. When the Fool comes up it is saying "go for it!!" Reversed says you either missed it or will miss the opportunity ..... perhaps of a lifetime.

Ok this is really interesting..is it a warning then? Because I am finally taking the steps, i am doing the classes, doing the homework and am ready to jump on board. Im not sure how i could be missing an opportunity. Im assuming in the action position it is saying NOT to miss it through lack of fair?

Ruby Jewel

Ok this is really interesting..is it a warning then? Because I am finally taking the steps, i am doing the classes, doing the homework and am ready to jump on board. Im not sure how i could be missing an opportunity. Im assuming in the action position it is saying NOT to miss it through lack of fair?

The Fool represents an opportunity that requires you to take a chance. When it is Rx, that means you are afraid, or hesitating to take a chance but it doesn't change the advice. I don't think reversals matter because when the Fool shows up, that is the message. Why would it show up at all if it is saying don't do it. If you were being told not to do it, there are plenty of cards in the deck to warn against it and forecast the doom and gloom. I like to do clarifiers when there is a question. In the action position I would say take the leap.

Casey74

The Fool represents an opportunity that requires you to take a chance. When it is Rx, that means you are afraid, or hesitating to take a chance but it doesn't change the advice. I don't think reversals matter because when the Fool shows up, that is the message. Why would it show up at all if it is saying don't do it. If you were being told not to do it, there are plenty of cards in the deck to warn against it and forecast the doom and gloom. I like to do clarifiers when there is a question. In the action position I would say take the leap.

Thank you. Yes your right. Whether he is upright or Rx he still says the same thing. Take the chance. There is fear of failure but I am.going to bite the bullet and do this. I will never forgive myself if i dont push through. Thank you for providing some very clear and paramount feedback. Bless xo

Ruby Jewel

Thank you. Yes your right. Whether he is upright or Rx he still says the same thing. Take the chance. There is fear of failure but I am.going to bite the bullet and do this. I will never forgive myself if i dont push through. Thank you for providing some very clear and paramount feedback. Bless xo

Have a wonderful life, and don't ever let go of the magic...that is the Fool.