Getting my first Oracle deck today!!

hunter

Shattering negative pattern that are TRULY negative for ME is fine. It's just that one size fits all advice doesn't work for everyone. And when one size fits all advice is put onto cards, they should not be used by some people, that could still get a LOT out of the book.

So many of us using oracles want to identify negative patterns and shatter them and move onto a richer life. Not every oracle deck is capable of accomplishing that with every person, though.

The deck might be great. I don't know. I just didn't have time to make sure it was, and chose not to buy it at this time. I'd LOVE the chance to sit down and read the book and look at the cards in depth, but have not had the opportunity.

I feel like I've hijacked Raistlin's thread, and don't feel good about that.

Raistlin, do you have any further comments about the cards? I'd love to hear how they are working out for you. Do you have a favorite card? I too have the RWS and am willing to put content over pretty in my oracle cards, as well as my tarot. Have you seen Medicine Cards. I think they really add a lot to an RWS reading, too.

lightbug

Thanks for the clarification, Hunter. Something to bear in mind when creating the Oracle I'm working on. I had never noticed this declarative "this is what you should do" sort of guidance in Sonia Choquette's decks but haven't sufficiently plumbed the book. This is one of the instances where I like the cards much better than the book. - The Ask Your Guides oracle has keywords at the top and the "Guide" to consult about said issue -- and I just didn't get into that part.

Raistlin, I hope you LOVE your new deck :) - this would be a good beginner "oracle" and so would "trust your vibes"

I'm waiting to see if anyone likes the "THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE" deck (new this year) That came out

:)