Giving back to the cards

Gillyboo

I use Touchstone as my primary deck and had this serendipitous reading this morning. So I wanted to say thank you and give something back to my deck. I had read in "The Tarot Playbook" by Linda Cowles how would you feel if your friend only came to you when she wanted something?

Now that was tongue and check but it got me thinking. So I created a thank you ritual by asking the deck who wanted to be the deck representative (happily, it was a card very near and dear to me). And then I set that card aside and went through each card thereafter in the deck and said thank you to it (touching it to my third eye and heart) for its specific gift or aspect, such as showing me who I am or calling me on my BS, helping me notice what I'm ignoring, reminding me to celebrate, etc.

At the end, the last card I drew, also serendipitously, was The High Priestess, who, in my original deck interview spread some time ago, was who this deck identified itself as.

It felt really nice to do go through this process and balancing. Has anyone else done something like this?

Toxicmage

I perform a deck clearing rital just before I read for others. I see it as putting the deck in balance and harmony.

I totally relate to what your saying...

Marie-Bernard

That sounds lovely, Gillyboo. Yes, I do nice things for my decks; some nice things all the time and special things when they seem to need TLC, or I want to ask them to do some extra work for me.

kduphily

That's an awesome idea, I was thinking the other day I should do something nice for my 2 decks because I have been working with them a lot, just learning them and felt sometimes I was working them to hard and maybe they needed a break (if that makes any sense).

Kris

Gillyboo

Thank you

Thanks all for your comments on this one. I'm definitely inspired to see what else I can come up with to give back some deck love. :party:

canid

It is tongue in cheek but way cool! Glad you got verification that whatever 'powers' the cards let you know you were grateful.

Perhaps someone should start a thread - 'Nice things to do for your deck(s)'?

1) Feed them full moonshine
2) Feed them sunlight
3) Sleep with it
4) Put them to bed with crystals
5) Annoint them with whatever; oil, sage, etc.
6) Not so sure if they'd enjoy a time-out though.
7) Give them a new house/bag, etc.
8) ??

I certainly don't think it's necessary at all but perhaps it will help you to relate/feel better? Sounds like your deck is perfectly content as is, however.

Gillyboo

Nice!

It is tongue in cheek but way cool! Glad you got verification that whatever 'powers' the cards let you know you were grateful.

Perhaps someone should start a thread - 'Nice things to do for your deck(s)'?

1) Feed them full moonshine
2) Feed them sunlight
3) Sleep with it
4) Put them to bed with crystals
5) Annoint them with whatever; oil, sage, etc.
6) Not so sure if they'd enjoy a time-out though.
7) Give them a new house/bag, etc.
8) ??

I certainly don't think it's necessary at all but perhaps it will help you to relate/feel better? Sounds like your deck is perfectly content as is, however.

What a great list of ideas. I think those rituals benefit us as well - fuzzy, happy energy. :cool:

canid

But never EVER feed them sunshine with a crystal on top. Think magnifying glass, ie spontaneous combustion. Seriously, I almost set my picnic table & deck on fire a few years ago.

Gillyboo

Fire

But never EVER feed them sunshine with a crystal on top. Think magnifying glass, ie spontaneous combustion. Seriously, I almost set my picnic table & deck on fire a few years ago.

OMG! That's too funny - in a phew(!) sort of way.

canid

OMG! That's too funny - in a phew(!) sort of way.

I was being serious. Almost happened once when I put my quartz sphere on top of a tarot deck, on the outside deck (trying not to confuse 'decks' here ie tarot/porch), on a hot sunny summer day. I picked it up & burned my hand. Oy. Luckily my cards hadn't caught fire yet but a few more moments...duh. Not so worried about the house, eh?? Heehee