Good book for newbie!

petrina_678

Alright! Im a newbie to tarot and im looking for a great book for begginers!

But the thing is i really really want to get the 78 doors tarot so the book must not be deck specific....
Instead i would like a book that teachese ou to read using the pictures and sybols or whatever.

longhair

A Great Book

Hi there, and welcome to the forum.I'm new at reading tarot also and the best book I have is "Joan Bunning's Learning the Tarot".It's full of some really good information .If you'll look in the forum index you may also find more there. Good luck !!!

Fulgour

A+ A+ A+

The Rider Tarot by :) Pamela Colman Smith
has influenced all authors and artists since.
Even if they go against the grain, it's there
and really, why not? She was truly inspired.

The Tarot Revealed
by Eden Gray
ISBN: 0451156730

The Complete Guide to the Tarot
by Eden Gray
ISBN: 0553277529

Mastering the Tarot
by Eden Gray
ISBN: 0451167813

Moonchild1721

There is a tarot course that Barnes and Noble University holds. It was a really great course, and used Joan Bunning's Book. I'd recommend doing that!
Samantha

Valyria

I found elsewhere that the "78 degrees of wisdom" by Rachel Pollack was adviced for newbies as well (maybe as a second book after getting some basics).

However, is it just me or is this book (the 78 degrees) a bit hard to read? Except for the fist chapters I seem to have missed the useful information!

Valyira

StLouisTarot

I'm a beginner too and I love the book Tarot Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis. It uses the Robin Wood Tarot but can be applied to any deck. I've got my book all highlighted and marked up already. lol

Scion

Sulis said:
My recommendation would be 'The Complete Tarot Reader - everything you need to know from start to finish' http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0738704342/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

this is an excellent book and isn't deck specific - no card definitions in here, instead it teaches you howto read cards.

I'll second this... not only is it a comprehensive study guide, usable with any deck, its a solid introduction to many of the complicated topics that you'll wind up digging into more deeply after you've gotten a handle on the "basics."

Superb book. Check out a review here

Scion

werdy

thanks for putting this post up

i am new as well and really interested so i am going to look for some of the above title
just thought i would say thanks