Grand Tableau Future - Coffin question

Lioness79

I did a grand tableau spread, I will not type all the cards for you but about my future I am a little bit confused.
I got the cards next to the woman; fish - coffin - stork - heart - anchor

What does that say ?
End of longing and the end of a change of good intensions of the heart and a next step into a relationship ?
Or does it mean; end of longing and the beginning of good intensions of the heart and a next step into a relationship ?

i never know what card after the coffin means. the coffin card I have is this one http://myfortunae.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/0812.png
the drape is on the left side

Teheuti

I'm sorry - but it seems there is a strong feeling here that these cards mean only what you want them to mean, and not what anyone else thinks. Mentioning how people have traditionally approached this kind of situation is felt to be stiffling and traditionalists have been chastized for daring to speak the tradition.

In this case it is especially difficult since there can be contrary traditional views as to whether the drape or the position of the Coffin card in the line-up is more significant. But that's beside the point. Go with your "intuition".

Nina*

I'm sorry - but it seems there is a strong feeling here that these cards mean only what you want them to mean, and not what anyone else thinks. Mentioning how people have traditionally approached this kind of situation is felt to be stiffling and traditionalists have been chastized for daring to speak the tradition.

In this case it is especially difficult since there can be contrary traditional views as to whether the drape or the position of the Coffin card in the line-up is more significant. But that's beside the point. Go with your "intuition".

I'm really confused now.... personally I've never been attacked for ''speaking the tradition''. Anywhere. I've only seen non-traditionalists being attacked (which of course make them fight back for their right to be non-traditionalists).

I'm fairly new to this Lioness, but would like to add my few thoughts...
To me Fish is money/resources and Coffin is end, so I'd say an end to some kind of resources. Then (again to me) Stork is change, Heart is love and Anchor is stability (or work). So maybe the end of resources brings a change to love... perhaps making it more stable/dependable.

Of course you'd have to know more about the whole GT and your questions to make most sense of this...

Teheuti

Trust your intuition—the first thing that comes to your mind. Nothing else matters.

Nina*

Trust your intuition—the first thing that comes to your mind. Nothing else matters.

Yeah... or do as Mary says here (again) and ignore what I posted above. :)

Lioness79

Was I attacked ? *LOL*
I guess that my english isn't that great to noticed that, but if it was an attempt of that than I have to ask WHY ?!

I don't have the lenormand cards that long and i am just learning, but from what I have learned sofar is that the cards like fish and ship could mean more than money/traveling, that is why I choosed longing, it was a question about a guy and I was wondering what I will experience next with this guy.

I wish I could follow my intuition here but I dont trust it, it is always negative in everything. If I would trust it I wouldn't post this topic, thk you.

@Nina, yes your interpretation crossed my mind as well , but with stork after coffin I never know if it is a good change or a bad one

Nina*

No, you weren't attacked. Mary (Teheuti) is being sarcastic about using your intuition since traditional Lenormand readers don't read the Lenormand that way. You were dragged into an ongoing (heated) discussion here.

If your reading is about a guy/emotions I'd say that Fish can be read as resources/abundance/flow. But still, with Coffin, it's something that ends (just remember that an end to something isn't necessarily a bad thing... bad things end too).
I also agree that Ship can be longing.
Stork is most often a positive change... improvement.

Lioness79

thx for the explanation, I guess I missed the whole ongoing discussions on the forum :) never mind then, but thk you for looking into the cards with me ! :)

Teheuti

I'm making a sincere attempt to not follow any traditions for the cards for a while. It's not easy for me, but it's the only way to find out what this other approach has to offer. I'm giving the exact same advice - both to myself and to others - that I've read many other people giving. I am not being sarcastic. The only way to discover how well something works is to go for it completely.

When reading completely intuitively, it's immensely hard not to draw on the traditions that I know so well - especially in an abstract situation (not having any background about the issue and not seeing the other cards).

I don't see how I can speak to what someone else might see, especially in a Grand Tableau, which is why the reader's intuition in the moment is most applicable. But here goes:

My intuitive, non-traditional reading of these cards, the first thoughts that come to my mind when looking at the cards:

The woman is in a very watery world, which could be her deep unconscious or a very emotional state. But this is all dead to her now and she's experiencing a new birth of the heart out of the former darkness (the heart in my Piatnik deck is emerging from an opening in dark clouds). She then finds herself back by the sea of the emotions in which she was previously submerged, but now on the shore, where she is clinging to something fixed and unmoving, hoping not to be drown again in her old feelings.

This is going with my own intuition using the deck I have in front of me. It may have nothing to do with Lioness' original experience of these cards, which is why it is really up to her to do this for herself.

Lioness79

thk you very much teheuti!
I use carta mundi cards, those cards andybc is using. I understand how you looked at the cards, time will tell how I will experience this in the next months .. i will update this topic.