great books to learn astrology

jade

i took an astrology course 3 years ago and it was wonderful. the books we used were the first 4 volumes of

"the only way to learn astrology"
by marion d. march and joan mcevers
published by astro computing services inc
ISBN 0-917086-00-7

these book sare very easy to understand and to learn from. they teach you how to delineat a chart. and all about signs, planets, houses aspects and aspecting. (that's just in volume 1)

book 2 - 4 goes into more details about astrology.

i got both books from a second hand store and paid $6.00 for each book. they are worth so much more.

i highly recommend these books :)

in light,
jade

AquarianGoddess

Jade,

Terrific books! Volume 1 is excellent for beginners.

I also like "Astro Essentials" by Maritha Pottenger. It's similar to the above but more in-depth.

Anyone looking for a book on transits, the old standby by Rob Hand is still the best (IMO), "Planets in Transit", about $25.00, but it's very thick.

If you're into a workbook style (like Mary Greer's tarot book), "Astrology for Yourself" is a good choice, written by Douglas Bloch & Demetra George.

AG

Ramses

Hey girls...

nice books, those ones...I got that collection from Joan McEvers and Marion March , too....they are excellent books...

I also got a great book..." The Complete Astrological Handbook for the Twenty-First Century " ...it´s great...it contains the arabic, vedic, tibetan, chinese, judaic and western traditions....all in one book...it´s great...they also have a site for that book...
http://members.aol.com/Anistatia

Lee

Has anyone had any experience with a three-volume series of books called "Basics of Astrology" by Ove H. Sehested? It was published in the 1970s and is now out of print. I found an omnibus edition containing all three books in a used bookstore. I was wondering if anyone's read these books and has any opinion on them. The only info I was able to find about Sehested on the internet is that he wrote the Astrological Federation of America's correspondence course.

Thanks --
Lee

Astraea

Lee, there are a number of copies available at excellent prices through Abebooks.com. I tried to copy a link to the approrpriate page, but it defaulted to the search option.

I've not read these books myself, but have heard positive things about them. If he wrote the AFA correspondence course, you can almost be certain that they are good basic texts.

Lee

Oh, sorry, Astraea, I was unclear, I did actually buy the book. Thanks for the recommendation!

-- Lee

Astraea

It was my oversight, Lee, I read your post too fast and missed that information. Hope you enjoy the books.

Mystic Chris

This post is directed to no one in particular, but I wanted to point out that thanks to the Internet there are so many free online resources out there about anything, including astrology and tarot.

When I dived into astrology, I was in college and did not have much money to buy the so many books on the subject. However, I was lucky to find an awesome site, which is still one of my favorites, Michael Mcclain's http://www.astrology-numerology.com. It is a treasure chest of voluminous information on birth chart reading, and an excellent start for beginners.

:)

dolphinprincess

Mystic Chris said:
I was lucky to find an awesome site, which is still one of my favorites, Michael Mcclain's http://www.astrology-numerology.com. It is a treasure chest of voluminous information on birth chart reading, and an excellent start for beginners.

:)

I have to second this! I stumbled on to this site when I was trying to find info on Numerology. It really is a treasure.. and FREE!!!!!