greatest-hits deck

northsea

help?: greatest-hits deck

I would like to select my favorite image for each particular card from my various decks, and combine them into a "greatest hits" deck. (That is, a deck with my favorite version of the Fool, etc.) How could I put all the various images onto something like the US Games blank deck, without altering/destroying the original cards?

HudsonGray

If it's just for you then you can try scanning the images into the computer & printing them out on photopaper (less grainy) and attaching it to the stiff card stock that way. But since a lot of decks are different width/lengths I don't think you'll get more than 40% matching up exactly to your main dimensions. You can have black be the fill in color on the extra spacing of those, or enlarge a bit more & trim the edges that stick out if there's no loss of picture.

It'd take a lot of futzing though.

northsea

Thanks HudsonGray, maybe I'll try it sometime when I'm feeling really ambitious. :)

souljourney

Ok...so if we all could create our "greatest hits" deck what would Deck everyone pick for each category:
Majors
Court Cards
Minors
This could make for an interesting question Northsea.

Since I only really have the Gilded deck... the only thing I think I'd alter about it if I had too would be the court cards. But I dont' know to what.
SJ

northsea

That would be an interesting 'decks' topic, souljourney :)

MarkMcElroy

northsea said:
I would like to select my favorite image for each particular card from my various decks, and combine them into a "greatest hits" deck.

Unless you're just absolutely set on a physical deck ...

You could easily scan the cards in question, then compile you "greatest hits" deck into a single deck ... using the Orphalese Tarot software. (It's at www.orphalese.net.) It allows you to manipulate any images (even old family photos, if you like) as though they were a printed Tarot deck.

Scan your cards in, number them according to the Orphalese numbering scheme, and you're good to go!

northsea

great idea, Mark, thanks!

SongDeva

Alternatively, you could color photo copy your greatest hits deck (assembled from many decks)..you should be able to get several cards on a page...and then paste the images onto the blank deck. Should be amazing, I hope you do it, whichever method you use.

northsea

Hey SongDeva, I hope I can do this sometime, too. :)