Green Witch Tarot

littlethings

I'm still trying to decide if I need this.

MoonGypsy

I'm still trying to decide if I need this.

Yes, you do.:p

signed--
"She Who Enables those in Doubt" :laugh:

Seriously, my friend...It is really a well done deck with beautiful artwork
and a very thoughtfully written book.

Aurora369

I am with MoonGypsy on this. She has definitely been an enabler for me as I bought quite a few decks because of her enabling. lol

daphne

From the youtube link, the cardstock looks more shining then of Hidden realms tarot.

DaughterOfDanu

My impatient self couldn't wait and had to see it myself so I ordered it and got it on the 8th. Surprisingly I like it... I really like it. In my opinion it's definitely a "Gentle" version of the Tarot with certain cards that usually are pretty startling and negative modified. Which I was very iffy on but as others have said you can still view them traditionally for the most part.

The cardstock didn't bother me either. It's thin, but I checked another of my older Llewellyn decks and it's just the same. I like the slight gloss on it and it's easy to shuffle in my small hands.

I like the world that the artwork creates. I didn't think it was magical enough by looking at the youtube review, but in person it's just lovely. I'm pretty sure I'll use it as a personal comfort deck for myself. I've already made a bag for it and enjoy just looking at the cards, sorting them into different categories and seeing how they are similar or different. I haven't done this with other decks but I have fun doing it with this one. Also the courts are very "alive" to me. I can interpret and work with them easier than other decks- a big plus as courts I sometimes struggle with.

So I was wrong, and glad I went ahead and got a copy.

magpie9

Weird as

The results aren't entirely in for me. I really like the artwork, but the swords suit has been castrated. The 3, 5, 7, 8, and 10 are unrecognizable to RWS tradition and symbolism. You'd never know them. Same thing with any "difficult or unpleasant card in the rest of the deck, except the tower.
The book refers to the unfortunate cards in past tense, and talks about what the sitter/reader is doing to go forward positively
. I find that presumptious on the part of the writer. If I want to give glowing positive happyhappyjoyjoy advice, I can do it on my own, thank you.
If I keep this deck it will be despite the book and because of the art....if I can figure out how to work with a one sided deck that just barely misses fluffy bunny-hood.

I am really disappointed. I expected a grounding in reality and got cotton candy.

littlethings

Yes, you do.:p

signed--
"She Who Enables those in Doubt" :laugh:

Seriously, my friend...It is really a well done deck with beautiful artwork
and a very thoughtfully written book.

:laugh: you are my best enabler, MG! :heart:

MoonGypsy

:laugh: you are my best enabler, MG! :heart:

:D You are such a sweet angel :angel: and i am such a little })...:p

Seriously, i am enthusiastic about what i like...;) and i LOVE to share the joy;
and i LOVE to play "Deck Matcher, Deck Matcher...Make me a Match!" :D

In fact, my personal "Fiddler"--my beloved hubby, V--is out playing his Violin
right now, sitting in with a band at a local pub. :heart:

But back on track with the Green Witch--i am becoming more and more
enamored with it...
The cardstock could be a bit sturdier and i do hope i can get my 3 rough cut cards
replaced...Then i will be completely happy with this wonderful deck/book set.
But it is the weekend, so i imagine i won't hear back from Customer Service
until the beginning of the week.

Nina*

The results aren't entirely in for me. I really like the artwork, but the swords suit has been castrated. The 3, 5, 7, 8, and 10 are unrecognizable to RWS tradition and symbolism. You'd never know them. Same thing with any "difficult or unpleasant card in the rest of the deck, except the tower.
The book refers to the unfortunate cards in past tense, and talks about what the sitter/reader is doing to go forward positively
. I find that presumptious on the part of the writer. If I want to give glowing positive happyhappyjoyjoy advice, I can do it on my own, thank you.
If I keep this deck it will be despite the book and because of the art....if I can figure out how to work with a one sided deck that just barely misses fluffy bunny-hood.

I am really disappointed. I expected a grounding in reality and got cotton candy.

Thank you for this, magpie. I was on the fence about this deck, but now I know for sure that I won't be getting it. I simply can't work with a deck like the one you describe here.

magpie9

Nina, thank you so much for hearing me.
I really don't understand why so many "pagan" decks need to be fluffy and ultra-positive. It boggles my mind. It really makes me wonder...one of the strenghs of pagenism is the concept of the god/goddess as being rounded...neither all good or bad. so why dosen't this translate into out tarot decks? It makes no sense at all.