Grimoire on 10-RWS

Rosanne

What to read?

Yes Fulgour,they do look relaxed. I am sorry to point elsewhere, but I have a question. I am down in the Big Smoke today and I thought I could go on a hunt for stuff. What would you recomend to read about Pamela Colman Smith.
Our big smoke is not like your big smokes, but I might be able to find something. I suppose to get an balanced? view I should get something about GD but I would rather read about her life etc. Have you any views? Thanks in Anticipation. ~Rosanne

Fulgour

If I was Pamela Colman Smith, I'd want to read
about the English Theatre, back around 1900...
and Ellen Terry.

from an article:

"The English theatre which Pamela Colman Smith knew intimately, under the guardianship of the greatest actress of her day, Ellen Terry, surely provided her with a wealth of background and experience when she set about to create her Tarot, and one place we see this most clearly is in her four strikingly inspirational Pages."

click on: Shakespeare's Faux Pages

Rosanne

a New Perspective

Thank you for this link Fulgour. I have taken the step of getting Reflections, but cannot see anywhere the cost involved. I will forward a PM to you re:ATA
I appreciated how like the roles the pages were and the influence on Pamela. It was a whole new dimension. Regarding the site have I added 2 + 2 and got 4; or is llinois just a red Herring? !! ~Regards Rosanne

Fulgour

Free Notice to Free Link for Free Issue

http://www.ata-tarot.com/index.htm

Tarot Reflections, published ONCE (not twice) a month,
is available to anyone who wishes to receive it.

read the latest issue, or browse the archives.

Cerulean

They are angels, remember,

so it should be light, probably the Ur Tarot. Or angel anime

Blessings,

Cerulean

rota

I think the whole Matthew/Mark/Luke/John thing is just a blind. I think the four winged animals each represent the apotheosis of each of the four elements.

:) Those books are actually encyclopedias: the guy gets A-E, the eagle gets F-M, the cow gets N-S, and the lion gets T-Z.
No matter how smart you are (or think you are), you should never stop learning.

tarotbear

They are also the four fixed signs of the Zodiac.

Angel-air-Aquarius
Eagle-water-Scorpio
Lion-fire-Leo
Bull-earth-Taurus

lark

They were all being naughty so the World Dancer gave them a story book to look at so they would be quiet and good while Pixie painted their picture.

AmyV

Well it's the Wheel of Fortune right? Maybe they're reading the books of our lives, or our fortunes, going 'Oh look, time for Johnnie to win the Lottery! And look, Mary's going to get that job she wanted, and Tom is about to propose to Janet, ooh, she's not expecting that....'

Parzival

Grimoire on 10-Rws

rota said:
I think the whole Matthew/Mark/Luke/John thing is just a blind. I think the four winged animals each represent the apotheosis of each of the four elements....

Even if the symbolism, in part, points to the four gospel writers, it indicates four very different interpretations of reality, leaving the Reality yet to be fully explored and reconciled as to four different points of view. The four elements materialize out of a higher supra-physical Reality, call it what you will, so we are left to explore their Origin. Basically our minds are blinds. Let us pull up the blinds!