"Guy" Decks?

Barleywine

+1 for Norse, and Druidcraft. I think they might be seeing a resurgence, thanks to Vikings & Game of Thrones.

I like Kat Black's Touchstone Tarot - it's got a generally very sober feel, and with the brown wallpaper backs and classical paintings, it wouldn't seem out of place in a a gentleman's wood-and-leather smoking room.

For something different, I might suggest the Universe cards - oracle rather than Tarot, but beautiful and sciencey, that might appeal to some. I love them.

Looks like Norse Tarot is another one I missed out on new. The Touchstone has been of interest to me off-and-on, but price and availability are once again an issue.

The word "science-y" strikes a chord with me; maybe I should reconsider one of the Steampunk decks?

Barleywine

Blimey!! Where are you doing your readings? At an American truck stop?

Haha! No, at a local New Age shop, but what I call "centrist" (somewhere between "metro" and "retro") males sometimes wander through. I'm surprised at how many I get.

G6

My husband adores his Arcus Arcanum.
He's as "guy" as they get, and this grabs him by his 12 year-old self.

Recently got this deck and it's awesome! Very RWS though. Perfect size for table readings with spreads or lots of cards. 2.5 x 4 inches, like a jumbo pocket size. I wish this size was more popular for Tarot decks. It is ideal for table work.

Morwenna

My husband adores his Arcus Arcanum.
He's as "guy" as they get, and this grabs him by his 12 year-old self.

I adore my Arcus Arcanum, and I'm not even a guy! :D But a lot of people here have mentioned that it feels masculine. But I think it's good for anybody.

But isn't it OOP? :(

Barleywine

I adore my Arcus Arcanum, and I'm not even a guy! :D But a lot of people here have mentioned that it feels masculine. But I think it's good for anybody.

But isn't it OOP? :(

Unfortunately yes, and fairly expensive even used.

G6

Try The Fountain. It is stark. There are some shirtless men. It was made by a couple of men. It has some people of colour. It is based on sacred geometry precepts, so it has some depth to it.
It has a 79th card that you can remove, but I tend to interpret it as Aeon.

This is coming out in a mass produced edition in the fall, so it will be more afordable. It doesn't really appeal to me, but a lot of people like it and it might fit the bill.

https://www.amazon.com/Fountain-Tar...qid=1492648304&sr=8-1&keywords=fountain+tarot

occvltista

I occasionally read for a handful of men (not exactly the "Joe Six-pack" type, but not quite the "snifter of brandy in the drawing room after dinner" type either) who don't have much use for the more mystical or fanciful side of tarot art, but who wouldn't know what to make of the few gay-male tarot decks out there either (which I don't own anyway, unless the Pythagorean qualifies). They are perfect candidates for Lenormand but many of the spreads I create are "tarot-centric."

I was reading for one such yesterday and realized that the Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery has a certain almost-Gothic directness and "authority" about it that is well suited for this mindset. I also frequently use an RWS deck for this group, but I'm looking for options that are more interesting for me as well. Does anyone have particular non-RWS or non-slavish clone decks they use when reading for the "centrist" kind of male? Of course, TdM decks would work quite well too if I were better at reading the pip cards.
I had no idea tarot decks can be perceived as feminine or masculine as a whole. This new concept is worthy of research. I going to look deeper into this. I going to say the Haindl Tarot, not because I get a masculine feel, but because is the one on my desk right now, and the creator is a man, Hermann Haindl.
1d64acd64abb8dd71e6369596e0dd912.jpg