Gypsy Fortunes Oracle

Razordance

I was in Coles today, and I ran across Lady Lorelei's Gypsy Fortunes for $5.99 Canadian. I always love finding something I haven't seen before, and it's even better when it's cheap. I grabbed one for myself and one for a friend. (She actually is a witch with gypsy blood, so these just screamed her name :) Looking forward to trying them out. Has anyone else used them?

Fulgour

F U N

The art is by John Woodcock who also painted
The Beginner's Tarot for Kathleen McCormack,
which looks a lot like Oswald Wirth's originals...

Kind of the same here, a cookie cutter copy too
but that's part of its charm I think. Similarity! :)

And I don't know how her mother figured into it,
even though she tells us something like that...

Lady Lorelei :) Melissa Michael
http://www.tarotgoddess.net/book.htm

Lady Lorelei :) Melissa Michael
http://www.ata-tarot.com/reflections/04-15-04/basketball.htm

Asher

Not exactly Lenormand...

Bumping up this old thread, since I found a copy of the Gypsy Fortunes oracle at my local used bookstore. I like Lenormand decks, have a few, and liked the artwork on the package. Published by Barron's, it's one of those book-like packages, with a well attached to the front cover which holds the cards (in their own box) and the book, which is attached to the back cover.

Called "Romany Cards" on the front cover, it is a 36 card deck, very akin to the Lenormand decks. The back cover has pictures of the Star, Clouds, Fog and Mice cards. As I went through the cards, most of the cards are the same as Lenormand, with a few differences. The cards unique to this oracle are Sick Person, Pig, Clasped Hands, Switch (could be like the Whip), Cats, Sword, Flame, Cupid, Lightning, Broken Mirror, Train, Bride and the Safe.
The cards are ordered differently from Lenormand as well.

Th art is quite nice with bright colors. The cards have scenes, but they do not distract from the object of the cards. The cards measure 2 3/4 inches by 4 inches, with a matte finish. At first they felt a bit thin, but after handling them, I think they will hold up well.

The book, by Lady Lorelei, talks about the gypsy history of the cards, and includes a few paragraphs about Mlle. Lenormand. Sample readings and a few spreads are included, and each card has a full page description along with a large color illustration. It's a very attractive deck and seems very readable.

Here are some cards.

Attachments

• Gypsy Fortunes cards.jpg
    Gypsy Fortunes cards.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 288

firefrost

I think they're lovely but I can only find OOP priced ones just now.

I'll be keeping my eyes open...

Thanks for sharing. :)

emmsma

So, even though my Amazon order was cancelled, the deck showed up yesterday. The cards are so sweet. Cardstock is silky soft.

I look forward to getting to know them. Definitely worth seeking out.

firefrost

I saw you'd got some, and I'm glad you did. I'll keep looking!

Silver Crow

I happened to find one of these in perfect condition yesterday at a flea market. It's very cute, but not my style. If anyone is interested in it, I can put it up in the trade forum.

I think this would be a great kit for introducing reading to a young person.

emmsma

Thanks for bumping this thread. Reminds me how wonderful these are to shuffle. I enjoyed working with them.

High time they came back out to play.

Silver Crow

It really is a cute little kit. The book part is a wonderful introduction to the Lenormand.

Silver Crow

Anam and I are doing a trade for the Veiville which I posted in the trading forum. It really is a cute as pie deck. I hope you enjoy it Anam.