Harry Potter Tarot

Belinda2

I am wondering if anyone has this deck by the artist Eleonore Piper?
ellygator.deviantart.com. I love the Harry Potter movies and I think she did a wonderful job drawing the characters but it is costly 100 because of the printing situation. I am having treatments for a health issue and I am thinking about buying this deck as a form of happy ending to this is issue but it would be the most I ever paid for a deck. what do you think about this deck? Thank you

FLizarraga

And now, since Alan Rickman's passing...the deck means even
more to me. She did Snape proud!

What beautiful cards! I was (blissfully) unaware of this deck.

The choice of Snape for those cards is very, very apt, and of course it's always great to see the likeness of the great Alan Rickman. He was Snape in a way that, for me, Michael Gambon never achieved with Dumbledore. (And I love Michael Gambon, and think that he did a great job; but Richard Harris was a much warmer presence, IMHO.)

@Belinda2: I wish you all the best. Whether you buy this deck or another, make sure to get something that will make you smile every time you see it... :heart:

Bluefeet

I second everything MG said! Have it and love it! :heart:

Eleonore offered the deck in uncut sheets format a few years back (likely still available) at around half the price, so if you are into trimming and corner rounding then the uncut option is worth a shot!

Scarlet Woodland

I'm waiting for this deck at the moment... most impatiently :D Her quote at the mo is $80 for the uncut sheets, which at my speed of trimming is WELL below minimum wage so was more than happy to let Elly have at it!

I'm with you Fliz, Richard Harris will always be my Dumbledore as wonderful as Gambon was.

FLizarraga

I'm with you Fliz, Richard Harris will always be my Dumbledore as wonderful as Gambon was.

Gambon was superb playing up Dumbledore's sly sense of humor and (after Rowling outed the character as gay) adding a discreet touch of campiness now and then. But Richard Harris owned it.

But oops, I'm off topic. TAROT! TAROT!

Belinda2

I second everything MG said! Have it and love it! :heart:

Eleonore offered the deck in uncut sheets format a few years back (likely still available) at around half the price, so if you are into trimming and corner rounding then the uncut option is worth a shot!

I think I will pay the extra 20.00 to have her cut the cards. who knows what it would look like once I was done with it😙

Belinda2

What beautiful cards! I was (blissfully) unaware of this deck.

The choice of Snape for those cards is very, very apt, and of course it's always great to see the likeness of the great Alan Rickman. He was Snape in a way that, for me, Michael Gambon never achieved with Dumbledore. (And I love Michael Gambon, and think that he did a great job; but Richard Harris was a much warmer presence, IMHO.)

@Belinda2: I wish you all the best. Whether you buy this deck or another, make sure to get something that will make you smile every time you see it... :heart:

Think you for your kind thoughts

Belinda2

One of my absolute treasures. i adore this deck...

And i am very picky regarding all things HP...

Her depictions are [for the most part] spot on.

And now, since Alan Rickman's passing...the deck means even
more to me. She did Snape proud!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/57/8c/f2578c66d8815e796c7e63f19a4d15d7.jpg

And this one:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ef/79/58/ef7958831df006cc3b0e592099686008.jpg

Be Well, dear Belinda!

Thank you

ahclem

I think I will pay the extra 20.00 to have her cut the cards. who knows what it would look like once I was done with it😙

As someone who chose to save the money and do it himself, I highly endorse the decision to have her do it. Mine came out fine, but man, did that take a long, tedious time.