Has tarot replaced communication...

SunChariot

My honest answer is that I might ask the cards instead of asking the person if I am unable to get in contact wtih the person for whatever reason, or if it's something I am too scared for some reason to ask outright. Otherwise I would ask in person.

Babs

214red

Nytebugg said:
Does it become third party when we ask someone else to read for us on those same questions?
i think even the definition of 3rd party is different for all of us, its a cloudy subject

MareSaturni

zan_chan said:
Hmm, Marina, I think you misunderstood just how sarcastic I was being. I agree with you completely actually...

Then i deeply apologize for misunderstanding your message, Zan_chan. *bows*

The point is... this particular topic makes em quite passional, so i left yesterday before i could hurt anyone else's feelings with my opinions. That's my personality, i know it, when i get angry i may say harsh things. I'm glad i left and could cool off a bit :)

The line between third-party reading and non-third-party is blurry sometimes. I think it is important for us as readers to make our own ethic codes - draw our own lines - and stick to what we believe. This subject is never going to settle... i remember when we discussed journalism ethics back in the University. How much information are you allowed to provide before invading someone else's privacy and exposing them?

There's no exact answer for this. And there's no exact answer for tarot readers as well. Where do we draw the line?

I believe it depends a lot on how you'd feel if you put yourself in the third-party's position. If you like reading on others without their permission, but would get peeved if you found out someone was probing into your life using tarot, then something is wrong with your ethics. If you can bend your ethical code to do whatever you please, something is wrong. Do onto other... etc.

Now, if you do third-party readings and couldn't care less if someone read about you to their hearts content without your permission, then at least your are being fair. Not ethical, in my opinion, but at least you're talking the talk and walking the walk.

I don't read for third-parties, i explained my reasons throughly and YES, many querents get upset at this and end up looking for another person who won't mind being their tarot Big Brother. I mind. I wouldn't like if someone read about me and assumed things instead of asking me and giving me the chance of explaining myself. So i don't do this to others.

There's no exact rule, only the ones that you create and are willing to follow, in the good and the bad moments.

moderndayruth

Marina said:
That's my personality, i know it, when i get angry i may say harsh things.
Was it Stelium (three planets) in Scorpio, one of them being Mars, no? :*

I here you, but to me its only an indication that you care.

cherryberry said:
What if the cards give the answer that helps the sitter just enough whats the right thing/way to react to the person?
The thing is that when/if its about clients interactions - and given that its the right intent, again to me isn't third party.
Most of human concerns include other people, we are social creatures, the thing is not to get involved into stuff that is not our business... For me its pretty clearly said by the Commandment - Do not covet.
("Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.")
Because it is a form of "idolatry" - in terms of wanting something which is not part of our being, wanting something that doesn't belong to us, while not accepting what's ours/ is meant for us. Its perfectly right to want a big house, but not another's house; as its perfectly fine to want to meet one's soulmate - but not to covet someone who is not available.
I know that many here belong to other than Judeo-Christian tradition but these are basics of morality and i am sure they can be found in other traditions too, in other words probably.

cherryberry said:
As once the querent had the reading they might remember it when they see the person again and react in light of that new knowlegde (consciously or unconsciously)
These are relationship readings, aren't they?

cherryberry said:
And that might have been the intention of the entity who provided the answers via the cards.
Yes, definitely. Its important though to remember that there are different kinds of entities... As long as the reading is filled with Light, goodness and positivity i'm certain it comes from where it should be coming (provided that the intent is right too), it can be felt when it has to do with energies other than that.

Let me give you an example from my practice. XY wants a reading - they don't tell me what's the background (there is such option too), i get all the "hints" that there a is third person involved (among else - QoC, 2oS, 2oP as far as i can remember) and that its something my sitter doesn't really need to know... It turn out, its about someone they are not involved with and that person is getting engaged AND my sitter was disappointed because they hoped it won't come to that... that's third party to me, that's coveting, that's... don't know, i suppose most of us have to fight our own jealousy, envy and other daemons, i have enough of my own and i don't need those energies in my aura, see what i mean?
Let alone morals, to the best of my knowing, its very, very bad for one's energetical balance and karma.

cherryberry

moderndayruth said:
Because it is a form of "idolatry" - in terms of wanting something which is not part of our being, wanting something that doesn't belong to us, while not accepting what's ours/ is meant for us. Its perfectly right to want a big house, but not another's house; as its perfectly fine to want to meet one's soulmate - but not to covet someone who is not available.

I know that many here belong to other than Judeo-Christian tradition but these are basics of morality and i am sure they can be found in other traditions too, in other words probably.
i know what you mean indeed, and particularly the last sentence is very true, you are right - many other beliefs, religions have the same principles - and might even go further, which is the belief system I am inspriring to (difficult one though ;) )
So yes - maybe we are getting to the crux of the matter 'why' I got a bit flustered with this.

I aspire to not really 'wanting' anything, just live ethically, ie be the best one can be as thats the only thing one can influence and thats it.

SO - reading on third parties, if it does not serve the purpose of the sitter to obtain the knowlegde to act in the best way possible for all concerned ---> not good ;)

moderndayruth said:
These are relationship readings, aren't they?
Mainly so - but also about family, less so about work colluages. Doesnt get asked too often I think.

moderndayruth said:
Yes, definitely. Its important though to remember that there are different kinds of entities... As long as the reading is filled with Light, goodness and positivity i'm certain it comes from where it should be coming (provided that the intent is right too), it can be felt when it has to do with energies other than that.
aahh this is becoming rather eye opening for me! I never really considered that the answers could be coming from a 'dark' entity...must ponder over that....because speaking personally now - i have gotten advice readings, which I followed and the exact opposite happened - made me doubt tarot in general for a while...

Interesting!!

moderndayruth said:
Let me give you an example from my practice. XY wants a reading - they don't tell me what's the background (there is such option too), i get all the "hints" that there a is third person involved (among else - QoC, 2oS, 2oP as far as i can remember) and that its something my sitter doesn't really need to know... It turn out, its about someone they are not involved with and that person is getting engaged AND my sitter was disappointed because they hoped it won't come to that... that's third party to me, that's coveting, that's... don't know, i suppose most of us have to fight our own jealousy, envy and other daemons, i have enough of my own and i don't need those energies in my aura, see what i mean?
Let alone morals, to the best of my knowing, its very, very bad for one's energetical balance and karma.
I absolutely know what you mean, one often doesnt get the whole story told in advance and by mistake does a third party reading - BUT that brings us back to one of the questions though.

That was a 'pure' third party reading, so the spirit/higher self told you about the engagement of the 2 people who werent present, ie one gets an answer - eventhough both arent present - BUT it is the answer the sitter would have (most likely) gotten if they would have asked the person directly ;)

Interesting :)

moderndayruth

cherryberry said:
SO - reading on third parties, if it does not serve the purpose of the sitter to obtain the knowlegde to act in the best way possible for all concerned ---> not good ;)
I think that's it; also, the way you say it - "the best way possible for all concerned", for what i know, is the optimal formula. :)

cherryberry

moderndayruth :)

I am finding this exciting :) we've gotten to the bottom of it.... well thats assumptuous....For me personally - I think it is much more clear now....for all 3 questions

*tarot replacing communication ---> it may but the purpose is to enhance it
*are third party readings ethical ---> yes, if they support actions that are best for all
*why does the spirit answer 3rd party questions ---> intention from spirit 'might' be to enable the above :)

kewl :D

214red

cherryberry said:
*why does the spirit answer 3rd party questions ---> intention from spirit 'might' be to enable the above :)

kewl :D
just remember spirit might also play games with you to serve you right, so if you act on information thats about a 3rd party make sure you rememeber that, just because you got an answer doesnt mean its the correct one

cherryberry

214red said:
just remember spirit might also play games with you to serve you right, so if you act on information thats about a 3rd party make sure you rememeber that, just because you got an answer doesnt mean its the correct one

good point, I think that might be the case if the intention isnt the right one.

Hum :) that might be a tricky point to get across to the sitters, as by saying that, it could be understood that we are suggesting they dont have the best intentions in mind ;)

moderndayruth

cherryberry said:
Hum :) that might be a tricky point to get across to the sitters, as by saying that, it could be understood that we are suggesting they dont have the best intentions in mind ;)
I think it does come down to one's intentions... and yes, not always they are like Love&Light etc.
We have many pro's here and i am sure that if you ask them - they will share their experience how they handle such situations; but i do think its a question of human dignity to refuse to read on questions we find unethical and intrusive.
Its not only about Tarot readings... (though i digress); as Marina said - she is a journalist and she faces these questions in her profession; i began my career as an interpretor, during the wars in former Yugoslavia - the easiest way to earn significant amounts of cash was to interpret for various war criminals, drug and oil dealers, by interpreting hate speeches etc. - some did that, but most of my colleagues, especially those who were respected and acknowledged - they didn't... i was learning from their example, so neither did i.
We were supposed to interpret for those guys who were later on sentenced for committing genocide and crimes against humanity - we refused; some said - well, i am only interpreting... well, you are not, you are part of it.
While this example might be a harsh one, it is true that in everyone's life comes a moment when they need to say "no", because (hopefully) its against their ethics; a friend of mine who is a plastic surgeon has to decline various (unnecessary and potentially harmful) interventions daily - and he earns money from that and he has children to feed too.
So i don't think there is a need to exaggerate the situation with customers who buy Tarot readings, they might not know, they might not be aware, but we should know better.