Have the cards ever tricked you or been manipulated?

Hitch

I was reading the blog of a notorious twin flame teacher and specifically, one of her posts about experiencing a false twin flame.

She was convinced that this man was her twin flame and in the end, it turned out it was not. She said she was confused because she had visited mediums who confirmed this was her twin and then visited tarot readers who also confirmed this was her twin. All readings pointed to this man. She was stuck in an obsessive cycle, not moving on because she swore it was him and believed the tarot readings.

In the end, she said this was interference through dark magic, keeping her from the twin she was dangerously close to manifesting. After letting go, she eventually found her real twin.

I ask because a week ago, my little brother asked for a twin flame reading. For the past 3 months, his twin flame has repeatedly come up as the queen of cups, although the situation it presents has been up and down and their future, mixed.

He was on edge of his seat last week, really wanting to contact her after months of her not speaking to him. I have him a reading. The queen of cups was at the center of the reading. The surrounding and outcome cards were your stereotypical beautiful cards. Not one bad or semi bad card. The outcome was a major that has represented her, his suit, and the 4 of wands. The two of c also flipped out. Taken with the surrounding cards this was THE perfect reading. This was the reading tell my bro that this woman is his twin and they were ready to unite.

He dumped his heart and soul in a letter. She responded by blocking him on Facebook. He was confused. All subsequent readings no longer show the queen of cups, but now someone else completely. My bro was heartbroken at first, but oddly enough this has provided him some closure that he did not have before. He said 'it's like god set up that tarot reading to have me reach out to her so i could finally move on. She isn't my twin. I'm finally free though."

That reading was a beautiful reading. I felt it. But it was not accurate. It was far from the truth. My bro has finally had closure for the first time in two years.

Did the cards trick me? Was I manipulated for the greater good (bro moving on to real twin flame? It was a twin flame reading. Nothing else. It's odd how the readings have since turned on a dime. Just like the woman in that blog.

Have the cards ever tricked you?

Farzon

To answer your question: no, they never have tricked me and I don't believe in magical attacks on my readings.

The only thing we can never be sure about is our skill to interpret the cards correctly. That's why predictions are always so difficult in my experience.

Off topic question: what's this twin flame stuff about?

Hitch

To answer your question: no, they never have tricked me and I don't believe in magical attacks on my readings.

The only thing we can never be sure about is our skill to interpret the cards correctly. That's why predictions are always so difficult in my experience.

Off topic question: what's this twin flame stuff about?

It is on par with "soulmates." It is a belief that we were one soul and split in two and there is one person out there that shares your same exact soul. Not soul group, but same soul that was split. It was a very grueling experience for my bro.

It's just remarkably odd that the readings were 100% consistent with the queen of cups and I could feel his ex's energy. Then after that reading & him reaching out to her then a feeling of closure, the readings turn on a dime and show someone else completely and I can feel that too.

It was just interesting that this happened to this twin flame teacher too.

Farzon

It is on par with "soulmates." It is a belief that we were one soul and split in two and there is one person out there that shares your same exact soul. Not soul group, but same soul that was split. It was a very grueling experience for my bro.

It's just remarkably odd that the readings were 100% consistent with the queen of cups and I could feel his ex's energy. Then after a feeling of closure, the readings turn on a dime and show someone else completely and I can feel that too.

It was just interesting that this happened to this twin flame teacher too.
I thought something like that already.

This belief seems derived from an ancient Greek anecdote about how the two sexes got separated and why there are different sexual orientations. But actually, that wasn't a religious belief.

Again of topic: why should we only have one soulmate? I highly doubt anything that is taught by modern teachers in the field of occultism even more of it concerns love. They are out for money only way too much. I'd say, stay open in the first place. If someone is a soulmate then you will see anyway. I see no sense or need to define it in advance. And... what if the relationship with your soulmate is not a romantic one? (Maybe check the movie Cloud Atlas - it's about something like this)

Hitch

I thought something like that already.

This belief seems derived from an ancient Greek anecdote about how the two sexes got separated and why there are different sexual orientations. But actually, that wasn't a religious belief.

Again of topic: why should we only have one soulmate? I highly doubt anything that is taught by modern teachers in the field of occultism even more of it concerns love. They are out for money only way too much. I'd say, stay open in the first place. If someone is a soulmate then you will see anyway. I see no sense or need to define it in advance. And... what if the relationship with your soulmate is not a romantic one? (Maybe check the movie Cloud Atlas - it's about something like this)

I have seen that movie. Enjoyed it very much.

EmpressArwen

I do not believe in twin flames or soulmates...at all. In a world of over 7 billion people, there is supposed to be only ONE for me?? How depressing! lol

I also do not believe in psychic attacks/dark magic like the example you gave. People become obssessed because they want to (this of course does not hold true for people with obsessive mental illnesses, where they have little to no conscious choice in the matter). But other than the situation of mental illness, people force themselves to hold on. They interpret the cards to fit their obsession. It's very unhealthy. I guess if I thought there was only 1 person out of 7 billion that was right for me and I thought I'd found him, it would be hard to let go.

Zephyros

Moderator Note:

The subject of twin flames is interesting but not the topic of the thread, and it is being used mainly as an example. Please let's go back on topic. Further posts dealing exclusively with the subject of twin flames could be moved to the Spirituality forum which is for subscribers only.

Thanks,

Zephyros

Laurelle

If it was a twin flame then why would he even need to confirm it? I suspect you would know and wouldn't need a reading.

Tarot isn't wrong, but sometimes we get so caught up in what we want to see that we get misled.

2 of cups fell out? That can mean healing. In my opinion it's not a soul mate card.

I don't know what other cards were in the reading....but I think you may have interpreted it wrong because of your bias towards your brother. Didn't you have a little bit of yearning it would work out for your brother? This can color the reading.

Your brother sounds like an optimist and is making light of a bad situation. At least now he can move on and find his true queen.

Maybe post the full reading in your reading section and see how others would have interpreted it.

Hitch

Laurelle,

I read intuitively and for the past three months, the queen of cups was her. It was quite often at the center of the reading. Then this picture perfect spread. I could feel the love.

Then he reached out to her. Her reaction had him hurt, but finally closure.

Then the cards turned on a dime. Sharp new energy. New person. Contradicts what the cards have been saying for 3 months since they broke up. Personally no I didn't want it to be her because she ran from him.

It's just odd how they turned. And it has a completely different energy.

That happened to that twin flame teacher too. I've never had anything like that.

pageofswords9110

Maybe the reading was loving because he.didn't get the hint when they broke up that it was over. Or maybe like the others said you could of interpeted them wrong. Maybe you were picking up your brothers energy in the cards. He could have been the queen of cups all along.