Have we heard from Mel?

frelkins

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question - but since the disaster in Japan, have we heard from Mel? Is he still in Japan? I haven't seen him on Facebook for a while, so thought that he might stop by here to tell us all he is OK?

Mods, please move this if there's a better place for it - but Mel and his pals are all mostly here. Sorry. :(

Wendywu

Bernice posted to say she'd heard that he's OK :)

Moonbow

Yes Mel is okay, I've PMd with him today.

Melanchollic

I'm fine. Thanks for your concern everyone. The area I live only had minor damage. We've still got electricity and water. The coastal areas where the tidal wave hit are devastated. I have some friends up there who I still haven't heard from. Phone service (even cell phones) isn't working in those areas. I pray they are safe, and that the worst of it is over.

There are still aftershocks, so I'm as jumpy as cat. I have a "just in case" bag packed with some clothes, passport, important documents, toothbrush, toilet paper, face wash/toner/moisturizer, Gucci pour Homme, cell phone, my grandmother's bible (I'll actually read it someday), irreplaceable photos, bottled water, a weeks supply of Cadbury Fruit and Nut Chocolate bars (survival food), and of course my loyal Grimaud TdM. Hopefully I won't need the bag.

Lady Iron Side

Thank goodness you okay, had me worried, please keep us here update on how your doing and how things are over in Japan, your friends etc. Mel you and me we need to get together on doing your deck, when the all is good okay. talk to bee, she will fill you in when your ready. Please keep safe, pack your notes with your deck. we can't lose any of that.

sincerely
LIS

prudence

I hope you will not need to use that bag, Mel. (though the chocolates need to be nibbled soon! Or they may go bad) Very glad that you are safe, I hope your friends are okay too and get in contact soon.

Cactus Dahlia

I'm really happy that you are safe Mel. Now I've just made some comfort food for you - some of my lovely light scones with raspberry jam and cream. :)

frelkins

Very happy to hear this Mel. Tell us honestly - what is the best thing we can do to help Japan? You may use your favorite deck & current method, if you choose. :)

Bernice

So good to hear from you in person Mel. Well......your textual representation anyway. And I hope your friends are safe.

Bee :)

BrightEye

That's a lot of stuff to go in an emergency bag... Admit it, you didn't bother packing any underpants to save space for chocolate bars (I would...).

Good to see you. :)