Have you ever had a deck call to you and demand to be bought?

Alamaris

Absolutely! The first time it happened was with the Lunatic.

I was browsing the forums here - I'd joined a long time ago but hadn't really looked around until that day - and decided to read through all of the pages of the "Talking Tarot" sub forum. It wasn't long before I noticed a deck being mentioned fairly often, and not always in a good light: the Lunatic. Finally, curiosity got to me, and I went to look up the card images. It was like someone had thumped me just below my collarbones with an open hand. Physically felt it! It was utterly bizzare, and I knew I had to get it in that moment.

It happened, with slightly less dramatics, about the Universal Fantasy, the Thoth (hated it, hated it, hated it, one day all of a sudden fell in love and had to get it! ;) ) and more recently, the Vanessa. Normally, I can't stand images that look like they've come out of girl's magazines, or anything girly. I instinctively flee from the colour pink. But the Vanessa leaned on my arm, cooed in my ear, and promised to do all manner of wonderful things to my brain. Hopefully we'll be a good team when she arrives in a week!

6 Haunted Days

The Bohemian Gothic was the most passionate call....

Steele Wizard, Victorian Romantic (and Gold), Deirdre of the Sorrows, Halloween and Pearls of Wisdom were all decks where the call was quite intense and I had to get them at any cost ....they've all turned out to be favourites!!

rosebud_a320

Yes this is how I felt about the Universal Waite, just HAD to have it, I find the pictures lovely and colourful, I also like the way every image tells a story.

I am also drawn to the Barbara Walker deck....she's rather alluring isn't she lol
I'm holding back as I want to learn with the Universal Waite before I confuse myself even further.

Grizabella

Yep, it's happened to me a thousand times. But then, like the men who have demanded to be mine, I've tossed a good many out on their decky little fannies because they wouldn't do their part in the relationship. :p Sigh. I've never managed to achieve perfect judgment in either men or Tarot.

Demon Goddess

Solitaire* said:
Yep, it's happened to me a thousand times. But then, like the men who have demanded to be mine, I've tossed a good many out on their decky little fannies because they wouldn't do their part in the relationship. :p Sigh. I've never managed to achieve perfect judgment in either men or Tarot.

hehe, I seem to have been pretty darned good at both... The secret is to never bother unless it's going to be your best friend. And best friends always give their part in the relationship from day one... men are the same. ;)

T

nicejade

I have been compelled strongly to the ancient egyptian OOP deck. Whenever I found it though, it has be so expensive. I still deeply want it, it speaks to me but I guess my wallet out ranks my tarot fixation lol

Grizabella

Actually, it turns out that two decks I really didn't think I'd like turned out to be excellent reading decks for me. One was the Robin Wood but the most recent and lasting one is the Victorian Romantic. :) The ones that have called to me the loudest seem to have been the biggest duds.

Dancing Bear

The Voyager called me the day i first saw an image..
I still use it, It works wonders for me and the readings..It will always be a deck that holds a special place for me..
Bohemian Gothic were also another deck that screamed at me.. me and It are still sussing each other out..and trying to come to a happy playing field.. LOL!! but it is not written off in anyway.. I take time to adjust to my decks..

Of course i have other decks call, and they have turned out to be duds..but in hindsight the call wasnt as loud as the Voyager and Bohemian..

celticnoodle

Solitaire* said:
:laugh: I LOVED this answer!!! solitaire, you are too much! ;) :laugh:

Now, in answer to the question that began this thread--OH YEAH! Many times. And, I'm sure it's only going to continue, though I am trying very very hard to ignore them.......................

ilweran

niecejade said:
I have been compelled strongly to the ancient egyptian OOP deck. Whenever I found it though, it has be so expensive. I still deeply want it, it speaks to me but I guess my wallet out ranks my tarot fixation lol

If you mean the Clive Barrett deck they have it here for £9.99 and they ship to the US. I've ordered from them before and they are reliable. In fact I ordered that deck from them a few weeks ago :D