Help Identifying This Deck

oldeways

Hello there! I am interested in purchasing this deck, but I think that the seller has some of their information wrong in the listing, as I cannot seem to validate it anywhere.... I thought I might bring this query to people who are more experienced than I. I appreciate your help! I am trying to find out if this deck is indeed French (which I am having a hard time proving, I seem to find things poiting to Spain instead)... also would like to know the name, so that I can see if it can be purchased elsewhere (for comparison).

Thank you for the help! Here is the deck in question:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/70364045/tarot-witchs-estate-1845-reproduction

Leandra

Cerulean

Fournier reproduction playing cards site

http://www.nhfournier.es/en/productos/special-editions-cards

It is not a tarot, but you can check the Fournier reproductions available at the link above.

The ad clearly repeats twice it is a reproduction, and depending when Fournier reproduced it, might be a fair price.

Good luck.

oldeways

thanks!

Oh I saw it stated that its a reproduction, thats not what i'm trying to find out... I want to know if its based on a real french fortune telling/tarot deck... or simply a deck of playing cards. I have French ancestry and would love these if they are actually repro's of real french historical cards like the seller thinks. I checked the site you listed but cannot seem to find this deck on there anywhere. Since the seler doesnt provide a picture of the box, I am wondering how sure they are that this is actually Fournier. I am NOT accusing the seller of anything malicious, just verifying the info, thats all. =)

Leandra

Le Fanu

You can also find these cards produced by Lo Scarabeo as the Dumas Playing Cards. Exactly the same, but with colours a bit more washed out. Exquisitely so.

A gorgeous deck. yet another lovely deck in Lo Scarabeo's under-rated playing card range.

These are them.

Stormdancer

Le Fanu said:
You can also find these cards produced by Lo Scarabeo as the Dumas Playing Cards. Exactly the same, but with colours a bit more washed out. Exquisitely so.

A gorgeous deck. yet another lovely deck in Lo Scarabeo's under-rated playing card range.

These are them.
HUH...MUCH lower price...imagine that! :rolleyes:

I was waiting for you to chime in...LOL

Le Fanu

Beautiful deck. The only problem is that the backs aren't quite so floral. They have a portrait of Dumas on the back which isn't quite as nice as the floral Fournier backs, but excellent cardstock and gorgeous "mezzotint" colouring. And cheap. And easy to find.

gregory

Le Fanu said:

These are them.
Underrated only here because we don't usually talk about such things :D

Le Fanu

gregory said:
Underrated only here because we don't usually talk about such things :D
Oh but we should. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere...

Just don't ask me about the Grand Dukes of Tuscany. I :heart: that one. My favourite!

GreenMoonBeam

Please summons Debra to this thread.

Me likee these :)

Bank account does not })