Help in naming these crystals. Tektite discussion

earl

Good day to you fellow members of the tarot forum!

I'd like to ask for your help in naming these crystals/stones that I have with me.

Is this stone below a Black Obsidian? It is a bit translucent with a brownish hue when light is directed to it. It seems like a brown glass.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/img5741b.jpg/
P.S. Can you tell if this is an Apache Tear? I've read that Apache tears are the more translucent black obsidians. And if this is so, is there any difference between a B.O. and an Apache tear?

The salesman told me that the stone below is a Lapis Lazuli. Can you check it out if it really is?
One thing I noticed is that it does have that dark blue color but no gold specs are present.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/img5744o.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/img5745eo.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/img5754p.jpg/

The salesman also told me that this one is a Lapis Lazuli, but now, I really doubt if it really is lapis. If not, then what stone is this? (Note: I know that it was artificially shaped this way.)
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/img5746t.jpg/

How about this one? Is this really a Moon Stone?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/img5749a.jpg/

Here, I have something that the saleslady sold to me. She said that this is a Snowflake Obsidian. I bought her claims and bought it at that moment. But the thing is that when I googled up snowflake obsidians, their white parts really do look like snowflakes. This thing I have here has got white spots, but not in the snowflake shape like the ones found in snowflake obsidians.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/img6130i.jpg/

And last, I have here a black stone that I have no idea what in the world it is. The one who sold me this told me that it is a "Bulalakaw" or "meteorite" in English, but I still doubt that it really is one. I've researched that this is called a "Tektite." Can anyone prove if it really is one?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/img5750g.jpg/

And oh! About the tektite*.

I bought this piece of tektite a year ago, and I recently gave attention to it when I discovered that it can heighten your energies.

So while I was in the train travelling to school, at around 5 in the evening, I held on to the tektite on to my left hand (receptive hand) and a lapis lazuli on my right hand. I intended to meditate on it when I accidentally slept. (I always fall asleep during meditations, I can't help it!)

When I woke up, I got this feeling that I was full of energy -- in a bad way. It seems as if I am hyperactive. It was odd given the fact that I never ate anything that day. I only get the same feeling when I drink too much coffee and when I take a bottle of energy drink. I wanted it all to stop, so I grounded myself using a meditation technique of imagining roots coming out of my feet and burrowing into the ground. But the meditation didn't suffice for I still felt a bit hyper.

Is this feeling a normal thing when you meditate with tektites? Or is it because I meditated with it together with a lapis?

Thanks much for your help!

*I am talking about the tektite as in the black stone and not moldavite (green), but i do love to get my hands on one soon!

Bhavana

I think the lapis looks to be lapis. And so does the obsidian - but I am not positive. I will have to look that one up. The moonstone, i am sorry to say, looks like that frosted glass. But it's hard to be sure from one photo.

Padma

I think they look like what you think they are...I know that crystals and minerals can be extremely varied, if that is the right word, so your snowflake obsidian is likely exactly that, it just has a different pattern.

I have to agree with Bhavana about the "moonstone" - looks like frosted seaglass to me...and overly egg shaped...but if it was polished and shaped to be an egg, then maybe it is moonstone. Moonstone typically has a pearly finish to it, does your piece have that? Hard to see the finish in the pic. It should feel very smooth, and it should also be milky white and completely opaque, with perhaps a tinge of pink pearliness.

If you think the Tektite is possibly meteorite, try pushing it against some metal - meteorite is magnetic :)

When I am using my crystals, I always only use one type, or I make sure the two I am using are sympathetic to each other (for instance, amber and pearl, or smokey topaz and clear quartz). It might be better for meditation if you only use one piece to work with at a time :) and certain crystals or minerals simply might not go well with your energy field...I love Kyanite, but I have a hard time working with it - and most opaque stones turn me off...so not every piece will work for you. Good luck!

N1ghts0ng

to me, the obsidian and lapis look correct.

as for the "moonstone" it looks more to me like the "eggs" that are used in Feng Shui. They are kept in a bowl of clean fresh water to help as an energy purifier for a room/area

Minotauro

well , the blue stone looks like sodalite to me , because from the piture it looks like it has a lot of white , but maybe it is just the photo.
and about the obsidian ... it looks too traslucent. but maybe it varies , all of the obsidian I have is from central mexico. maybe it looks diferent. but youy cant tell if it is just brown glass by the way it has been fractured. does it look like a regular broken glass? , becauise of the way obsidian forms it breaks in all kind of weird seemuingly random curvy patterns. no clean cuts.

earl

All the photos were taken with a lamp light as the light source.

About the moonstone, thank you Yetat and N1ghts0ng. I found out that my so-called "moonstone" is actually an "opalite". A man-made glass. No wonder why I don't feel anything when I hold it. Although, it does give me a better sleep when I put it under my pillow at night. Maybe it was just a placebo.

I am getting more and more depressed while reading your answers. I think I've wasted a lot of money for these things.

I think I've only proven the identity and authenticity of the first lapis lazuli on my blog post as a Sodalite, and the last picture as a Tektite.

Maybe it is true when they say that you get what you pay for.

But I'd still like to know what the other stones really are.

Padma

All the photos were taken with a lamp light as the light source.

About the moonstone, thank you Yetat and N1ghts0ng. I found out that my so-called "moonstone" is actually an "opalite". A man-made glass. No wonder why I don't feel anything when I hold it. Although, it does give me a better sleep when I put it under my pillow at night. Maybe it was just a placebo.

I am getting more and more depressed while reading your answers. I think I've wasted a lot of money for these things.

I think I've only proven the identity and authenticity of the first lapis lazuli on my blog post as a Sodalite, and the last picture as a Tektite.

Maybe it is true when they say that you get what you pay for.

But I'd still like to know what the other stones really are.

Earl, I initially thought your first lapis was sodalite as well, because of the grey/white banding, but it's the wrong shade of blue. Lapis is as yours shows, a warm, brighter blue, and sodalite is typically much darker, a navy blue...in regard to your opalite, if it works for you, then use it :) it is actually very beautiful to look at...I wish I had one :) maybe I will look for it next time I am shopping. In any case, regardless of what you have, if it works, then use it and enjoy it :) sometimes stones come to us, and not the other way round...and they always have a reason for wanting to go live with you...

In any case, please don't be depressed about it...

Gia

Don't feel sad about the opalite! I was gifted that same egg...and while it may not have the 'energy' of earth made crystals...I find myself easily mesmerized by opalite...it has a very calming effect and actually makes me a bit trance-y! I ended up buying a necklace with opalite and a carved angel too...I think they make good meditation companions!