Help Interpreting (long)

MoonLana

Firstly I love Lenormand, but unfortunately I don't get to practice and use it as much as I would like to. But a few days ago a friend of mind surprised me when she asked for a reading(she had always declined in the past, saying she didn't believe in it). I happily accepted, even though I knew it would focus on her relationship, which I am hesitant to do with friends.

Some background that I believe pertinent: Her and her husband have been together for about 15 years, they have 2 kids. The last 5 years have been real on and off, and last year they had a big row and she moved out. A few weeks after that she met a new guy who she really liked and connected with, but her husband came to talk to her a couple weeks after that and they got back together, she thought it was best to not give up on the marriage. But she has been second guessing her decision and asked if I could draw some cards.

So I asked her to shuffle and draw/lay the cards in the box layout. Here were the cards:

Snake House Fox
Man Ring Stars
Child Lady Cross

Her question was whether she should pursue a relationship with the other man.

The first row seemed obvious, the home has been a deceitful place, lots of tricks, people being dishonest not just with each other, but themselves, etc. But then the second line gets me, man+ring makes me think husband, but her question focused on the other guy, so I think that's more likely here? Like it's a wish line, she wants a relationship(stars) with him. The last line represents her, and I think if she did she might be in for some hardship/suffering, maybe losing her kids? The column seems to back that up-snake+man makes me feel like he will be tricking with trying to keep the kids. So the whole of the layout seemed to focus on the marriage(the ring in the center) saying if she pursued it would be trying, tricky and with pain/suffering for everyone, including, unfortunately the kids.

With that reading I thought an Option A, Option B, choice maker would be a good thing to try, but that threw me further. I drew 3 cards for each choice, Option A was staying in the marriage, and Option B was leaving. I drew the cards myself this time. Results

Option A
Grave, Ring, Key
Option B
Clouds, Bear, Letter

I saw Grave+Ring and immediately thought the relationship is already over, but then I saw the key. So my initial reaction had been, the relationship is dead there really is no choice of staying, BUT seeing the key makes me think she has to wait for it to die? Which also didn't help me when I factored in that Option A has 2 positive, and 1 negative cards.

Option B looks like, if she left it would be very troubling and weigh on her(clouds) and that she would be in for a lot paperwork and legal matters(bear+letter), this one has 1 negative and 2 neutral, which would make me think Option A is the clear choice, except for the whole grave+ring.

I gave her my thoughts(not really helpful) and offered to do a GT for her, but she seemed a bit undecided on that, probably thanks to my less than helpful analysis. Anyways just wanted to see if anyone else saw it how I saw it, or if they got a more concise look from it than I did?

snowmoon

hi

Snake House Fox
Man Ring Stars
Child Lady Cross

a new relationship of faith with stable man.

she is seeking a man who can give her a promise stability with clearly.

fox and the cross is in the future, so there must be something wrong of the relationship.

snake man child, a charming man with unexperience

house ring lady , the marriage contract, she is tie to hes husband.

fox star cross , maybe it is not what she think it will be.

a FALSE promise with oath?

DownUnderNZer

What would happen if she pursued a relationship with the other man?

Snake House Fox
Man Ring Stars
Child Lady Cross

Her "marriage" or the "idea of commitment" is still core to your friend, but also that there are issues and hints of unfaithfulness. This could be herself and/or her husband.

Everything that is stable or secure will not be anymore and she will find herself in a bit of "upheaval" if she chooses to go for the other man yet it seems he is something that her husband is not. He fulfills certain needs in her. There will be some real issues to deal with and as there are children involved it will cause her some "unhappiness" on a very personal level. There will be guilt, remorse, and regret.

With that reading I thought an Option A, Option B, choice maker would be a good thing to try, but that threw me further. I drew 3 cards for each choice, Option A was staying in the marriage, and Option B was leaving.

Option A
Grave, Ring, Key

The marriage is dead yet your friend holds on to the belief of what a "marriage" means and what it should be. There are some key decisions of importance she needs to make - sometimes it is better to be happy and divorced rather than unhappy and married.

Something is about to happen of significance and it will make or break them.

Option B
Clouds, Bear, Letter

Your friend is not certain at all about leaving. Not one bit. She has some major doubts. The security is what keeps her there. She feels protected and possibly financially supported. If she leaves, I do think she expects a settlement of some kind, and to still be supported in some way or at least to be given back control of her life.

Hope that helps. It would be good to see if this resonates or not.

DND :)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

snowmoon

Option A
Grave, Ring, Key

the marriage will be stay , the coffin might mean sickness of the marriage, but not ending.

Option B
Clouds, Bear, Letter

uncertain (Which bridge side of the cloud? ), financial document.

she would not choice b at all..

MoonLana

hi

Snake House Fox
Man Ring Stars
Child Lady Cross

a new relationship of faith with stable man.

she is seeking a man who can give her a promise stability with clearly.

fox and the cross is in the future, so there must be something wrong of the relationship.

snake man child, a charming man with unexperience

house ring lady , the marriage contract, she is tie to hes husband.

fox star cross , maybe it is not what she think it will be.

a FALSE promise with oath?

I do think she does feel tied to her husband. As far as oaths and promises, when I talked to her last she said it's been awhile since she had talked to the other man, so maybe the falseness could be coming from her husband.

MoonLana

Her "marriage" or the "idea of commitment" is still core to your friend, but also that there are issues and hints of unfaithfulness. This could be herself and/or her husband.

I think the hints of unfaithfulness are on her, she has never suspected him of being unfaithful, but feels guilt on her end, and her husband has trust issues with it.

Everything that is stable or secure will not be anymore and she will find herself in a bit of "upheaval" if she chooses to go for the other man yet it seems he is something that her husband is not. He fulfills certain needs in her. There will be some real issues to deal with and as there are children involved it will cause her some "unhappiness" on a very personal level. There will be guilt, remorse, and regret.

It would definitely be a shakeup if she did, lots of turmoil, guilt and remorse for sure. She actually told me this morning she had been considering letting her husband have the majority(word?) custody of the kids until she gets more secure/stable! She says she felt like the relationship with the other man felt more like one of equals. Her husband is older than her and has control issues, it's been a very long time since she's been out with the gals, so I think that's what she got with the other man.

The marriage is dead yet your friend holds on to the belief of what a "marriage" means and what it should be. There are some key decisions of importance she needs to make - sometimes it is better to be happy and divorced rather than unhappy and married.

Something is about to happen of significance and it will make or break them.

I will report back if something does happen!

Your friend is not certain at all about leaving. Not one bit. She has some major doubts. The security is what keeps her there. She feels protected and possibly financially supported. If she leaves, I do think she expects a settlement of some kind, and to still be supported in some way or at least to be given back control of her life.

No she isn't certain at all, she waffles a lot, it's a topic we almost always talk about in one form or another. She does feel 'safe' and financially secure there, and she does expect some form of payment to help with the financial burden.

ThtDancerGuy

Firstly I love Lenormand, but unfortunately I don't get to practice and use it as much as I would like to. But a few days ago a friend of mind surprised me when she asked for a reading(she had always declined in the past, saying she didn't believe in it). I happily accepted, even though I knew it would focus on her relationship, which I am hesitant to do with friends.

Some background that I believe pertinent: Her and her husband have been together for about 15 years, they have 2 kids. The last 5 years have been real on and off, and last year they had a big row and she moved out. A few weeks after that she met a new guy who she really liked and connected with, but her husband came to talk to her a couple weeks after that and they got back together, she thought it was best to not give up on the marriage. But she has been second guessing her decision and asked if I could draw some cards.

So I asked her to shuffle and draw/lay the cards in the box layout. Here were the cards:

Snake House Fox
Man Ring Stars
Child Lady Cross

Her question was whether she should pursue a relationship with the other man.

The first row seemed obvious, the home has been a deceitful place, lots of tricks, people being dishonest not just with each other, but themselves, etc. But then the second line gets me, man+ring makes me think husband, but her question focused on the other guy, so I think that's more likely here? Like it's a wish line, she wants a relationship(stars) with him. The last line represents her, and I think if she did she might be in for some hardship/suffering, maybe losing her kids? The column seems to back that up-snake+man makes me feel like he will be tricking with trying to keep the kids. So the whole of the layout seemed to focus on the marriage(the ring in the center) saying if she pursued it would be trying, tricky and with pain/suffering for everyone, including, unfortunately the kids.

With that reading I thought an Option A, Option B, choice maker would be a good thing to try, but that threw me further. I drew 3 cards for each choice, Option A was staying in the marriage, and Option B was leaving. I drew the cards myself this time. Results

Option A
Grave, Ring, Key
Option B
Clouds, Bear, Letter

I saw Grave+Ring and immediately thought the relationship is already over, but then I saw the key. So my initial reaction had been, the relationship is dead there really is no choice of staying, BUT seeing the key makes me think she has to wait for it to die? Which also didn't help me when I factored in that Option A has 2 positive, and 1 negative cards.

Option B looks like, if she left it would be very troubling and weigh on her(clouds) and that she would be in for a lot paperwork and legal matters(bear+letter), this one has 1 negative and 2 neutral, which would make me think Option A is the clear choice, except for the whole grave+ring.

I gave her my thoughts(not really helpful) and offered to do a GT for her, but she seemed a bit undecided on that, probably thanks to my less than helpful analysis. Anyways just wanted to see if anyone else saw it how I saw it, or if they got a more concise look from it than I did?

Wow. Option A (staying with her husband) is dead on straightforward: Coffin (Grave) + Ring + Key, first off is 2 extremely positive cards and 1 negative card, as opposed to 1 negative card and 2 neutral cards in the other option. But Option A reads that this is the better option because they will rekindle their relationship and they will be delivered from their problems (Coffin + Ring + Key = resurrection of the relationship and finding the solution). Option B reads that there will be big problems around leaving, possibly around the money (Clouds + Bear), and around divorce papers (Letter). So Option A definitely looks like the better option. :)

Also, as for seeing Coffin + Ring and thinking the relationship is over, actually the opposite: when the Ring (the relationship) comes after the Coffin (hardships and transformation), and a positive card follows the Ring, it is actually saying that the relationship has a chance to survive. Think of it literally like the marriage (Ring) is emerging out of the pain or problems (Coffin). If the Coffin came after the Ring – so Ring + Coffin – then I would say yes the relationship is over and gone. So say the line was Ring (marriage) + Coffin (dead or ended) + Key (a positive outcome, a solution), I would say that working through the problems and the hard times in their marriage will be quite difficult (Ring + Coffin), but it can and will still be done (Key); it is positive still because that Key card is at the end and wherever the Key is, there is the answer or solution to the problem regardless of what comes before it, and because it comes after and thus modifies the Coffin card the Coffin is then not a complete ending because the Key brings the solution in the end. That can be tricky for some readers especially if all negative cards come before the Key. But if the Ring comes after the Coffin, it is usually not over. The placement of the cards is extremely imperative to how they are read. Heart + Scythe (heartbreak, broken relationship, separation) is not the same as Scythe + Heart (a positive outcome after a fight or negative/dangerous situation, rekindling after a breakup). Remember this. And it always depends on the context of the question.

DownUnderNZer

You are fortunate I am going through a caring phase when it comes to relationships right now. Won't last long which is my consolation. :)

I did see something else and meant to put it here when I remembered only I should have done it at 4am rather than now. It was to do with the RING coming up twice.

I think it was this - some people stay in marriage for the sake of the children, so it sometimes becomes an open divorce or a loveless marriage until the kids leave home.

Your friend is not the the type to be alone - she is likely the type that has to have a man around or to be in a relationship to feel whole. Of course, her kids are a factor as well.

Your friend is not a woman that can function by herself although I reckon she is more than capable. Being with "someone" is key to how she is, so the RING is kind of important.

I think the hints of unfaithfulness are on her, she has never suspected him of being unfaithful, but feels guilt on her end, and her husband has trust issues with it.

It would definitely be a shakeup if she did, lots of turmoil, guilt and remorse for sure. She actually told me this morning she had been considering letting her husband have the majority(word?) custody of the kids until she gets more secure/stable! She says she felt like the relationship with the other man felt more like one of equals. Her husband is older than her and has control issues, it's been a very long time since she's been out with the gals, so I think that's what she got with the other man.

I will report back if something does happen!

No she isn't certain at all, she waffles a lot, it's a topic we almost always talk about in one form or another. She does feel 'safe' and financially secure there, and she does expect some form of payment to help with the financial burden.

MoonLana

Wow. Option A (staying with her husband) is dead on straightforward: Coffin (Grave) + Ring + Key, first off is 2 extremely positive cards and 1 negative card, as opposed to 1 negative card and 2 neutral cards in the other option. But Option A reads that this is the better option because they will rekindle their relationship and they will be delivered from their problems (Coffin + Ring + Key = resurrection of the relationship and finding the solution). Option B reads that there will be big problems around leaving, possibly around the money (Clouds + Bear), and around divorce papers (Letter). So Option A definitely looks like the better option.

Also, as for seeing Coffin + Ring and thinking the relationship is over, actually the opposite: when the Ring (the relationship) comes after the Coffin (hardships and transformation), and a positive card follows the Ring, it is actually saying that the relationship has a chance to survive. Think of it literally like the marriage (Ring) is emerging out of the pain or problems (Coffin). If the Coffin came after the Ring – so Ring + Coffin – then I would say yes the relationship is over and gone. So say the line was Ring (marriage) + Coffin (dead or ended) + Key (a positive outcome, a solution), I would say that working through the problems and the hard times in their marriage will be quite difficult (Ring + Coffin), but it can and will still be done (Key); it is positive still because that Key card is at the end and wherever the Key is, there is the answer or solution to the problem regardless of what comes before it, and because it comes after and thus modifies the Coffin card the Coffin is then not a complete ending because the Key brings the solution in the end. That can be tricky for some readers especially if all negative cards come before the Key. But if the Ring comes after the Coffin, it is usually not over. The placement of the cards is extremely imperative to how they are read. Heart + Scythe (heartbreak, broken relationship, separation) is not the same as Scythe + Heart (a positive outcome after a fight or negative/dangerous situation, rekindling after a breakup). Remember this. And it always depends on the context of the question.

I'm a little peeved with myself for not seeing/reading it this way, because once you explain it seems like it should of been an easy catch. Instead of seeing the literal pairing of ring(marriage)+coffin(the end) as it being over and then being confused because of the key, I should of seen it like you said, as transformation through the marriage that will strengthen and make it stronger(key). I think I need to go over my association with the cards and their meanings again. Thank you so much!

DownUnderNZer

Something has "died" in your friend's marriage, but the "Key" is vital. So, there is some hope. I still think something will make it or break it.

If you are looking at "transformation" it is the "in love" part of it - she is no longer "in love" like how a couple are right at the start of any relationship, marriage, and/or honeymoon. The honeymoon period is well and truly over and so are those "feelings" of romance and being in love. Could be the same with him - his beautiful bride is no longer that fresh innocent beauty anymore. That is over.

It has evolved to a different feeling or state of being, but the "in love" is not there anymore. There would have been times of depression, darkness, and unhappiness which would have contributed to this "change" as well - the love that they both knew as a married couple has changed between them.

Be good if it could be rekindled which is where the "Key" plays a role, but not all relationships can be fixed. "Key"can bring forward answers, but it can also be all about a "karmic debt". They have likely already been through this in other lives - so there is something that is meant to be "experienced" that has not been "experienced" in their past lives together.

It could be to not make the same mistake twice.

I'm a little peeved with myself for not seeing/reading it this way, because once you explain it seems like it should of been an easy catch. Instead of seeing the literal pairing of ring(marriage)+coffin(the end) as it being over and then being confused because of the key, I should of seen it like you said, as transformation through the marriage that will strengthen and make it stronger(key). I think I need to go over my association with the cards and their meanings again. Thank you so much!