HELP! It was my first spread for myself

lana12

It's my first thread: I'm trying to get out of a terrible situation , in which i'm right now (actually for 2 years) ... so, i thought this is a good spread for me to start with: specially , i'm planning to move out (to brake) in a few weeks ... FINALLY!
analize situation spread: , i got it from some russian book
_______3_______
1______5______2
_______4_______
first 1-4 cards from Minor Arcana, and the last one from Major Arcana.
Ok, I got
____________________Ace of Swords______________
Eight of Swords______THE SUN______ Seven of Wands
___________________Nine of Wands_______________

I'm not sure if i'm reading right, but i'm trying ... according the meaning of each card ... LOL
Well, its unbelivable ...
1)Eight of Swords - exactly me, at this moment.... WOW
as long as i let my boyfriend to stay with me, for the longer i let the situation continue, the worse it will get.
2)Seven of Wands - This is when others look at what you've done and get jealous or greedy. ... Yeap, I was a very sucessful women, before i met my boyfriend, and everyone was a jealous. Anyway, according to the meaning of this card, says: Don't give up, If you do, your enemies will take control. Success is near to hand!
3)Ace of Cups - I dont really sure how to read it in this case ... HELP
I guess maybe a changes in my personal life soon. But i hope its sign if happeness.
4)Nine of Wands - not sure too. Please help. Think of this card as the "staircase" card; you climb flight after flight of stairs to get to the top; but finally stop, panting, and wonder "Will I ever get to the top?"
Actually, i was on the top, like a said, 2 years ago , i had almost everything i need in my life .... so , it's mean i'm going to start again, go to the top? ... will i get it?
5) THE SUN - (it was like conclusion in the spread)

Well, i see all positive signs, in my first spread for myself. I like it. LOL
Maybe i'm wrong, please help

WalesWoman

I think you did a really great job interpretting these cards and how they apply to your situation.

I have three questions. 1. Were there any meanings for the positions of the cards (like past, present, future, influences, obstacles, advice,etc.) 2. Which Ace was it? You have Ace Swords in the layout and Ace of Cups down in your interpretation. ;) and 3. What deck did you use, it sounds interesting.

I'm not quite sure about this boyfriend of yours, but if the second card 7 Wands is telling you how to look at your situation with him, it could mean show no fear, stand your ground, never back down or give up control of yourself. Gather your courage close to you, you are the Queen of this Hill and don't be afraid to use that wand to protect yourself and what is yours. (Even if you're knees are weak and your hands are shaking so bad you can barely hold onto that "bat", no matter how big they are or how much you "ought" to be scared to death...never, ever show your fear or they will have won)

If it is the Ace of Swords...now is the time, not later to take action. If your heart and mind are telling you things need to change, don't wait. This is about the rightness of action, about truth, justice and attitudes, how you think and believe, what action to take, a big change now. Whatever has been going on is wrong and you feel trapped and helpless by it...truly believe you are not helpless, you have your will to make things change. The Ace gives you the power and strength and the RIGHT to make this change happen. My books say it is the release of a great force after a time of great oppression.

The 9 Wands is not losing your courage, not giving up the fight after being beaten down and battered or losing the battle..the bandage on the RWS can signify things that hurt your mind, psychological warfare...things that wear you down and hurt you. So maybe it feels like a never ending struggle... but you can't give up hope or give up on yourself. This card is also about erecting defenses against the things that oppress you and put you down and not letting your guard down. Pay close attention to what is going on around you, keep your eyes open and your guard up.

With the Sun as the outcome, yeah I'd say things are going to look and feel a whole lot brighter, you are going to be a whole lot happier. It could be you see him quite clearly now and he'll never get close enough for his shadow to darken your days again. In the RWS the Sun card has a happy child galloping along on a horse...it could mean be really glad you are outta here and run like the wind, girl!

So I'm thinking you need to keep an eye out for this guy, once he does move out or you leave or whatever you do. To me this could mean he's done as much damage as he's going to do and you probably won't let yourself find yourself with another guy like this again...if the Ace means taking sudden action.

I could be way off here and if I am, please let me know. OK?

lana12

WalesWoman, i really appreciated your respond ... i was upset at the begginning, when i saw noone reply to my thread ... i thought i'm doing something wrong ... and noone wants to bother .

its very hard for me to translate, but i'll try.
answering your questions:1) its like spread, what to do in this situation , knowing, that something has to be change ...
1.present, what do i have at this moment; 2.what is gonna be in my way,if i'm gonna do some move; 3.reason, why do i have to do that (it was saying in that book, that i have to read this card very carefull, to find the right meaning); 4.right way to slove the problem; 5. like final total.
2) it was Ace of Swords; 3) i have The rider tarot deck....

Once again, I really appreciated your help.
I know, what to do in my cituation right now, thanks God, but i just wanted to see if i can do the reading for myself ... have to start i guess, was looking
for that day for long time ..... LOL
This morning, i was waiting for someone reply, but it was none, and i tryed again, i spread 3 cards for myself, like everyone suggest for the begginners. and i got almost the same meaning

****1*********2************3****** (past,present, future)
The world***10 of swords****knight of pentacles
And once again, 1)The world - this women, its me, she's happy, 2 rods in her hands are symbol of wisdom and love ... so it was me, in the past LOL
2)10 of swords - i'm dead...(at the present time), feeling like a victim, feeling powerless, putting my own interests last, letting him go first, i do/well, not anymore, everything for him, just to make him happy, support him..and so...
3) knight of pentacles ... hee, here i lost... i dont know how to read this card..

WalesWoman

Ok, you are pretty good at getting the general idea here, I really do think so.

The world here can be the completion of something, everything you can do here is done and it's time to move on to the next stage, a new world. You can do your little victory dance, you've gone through everything you needed to do with this relationship, learned probably way more than you ever wanted to know, but it was neccessary for your growth and understanding, so now you can let this go and get on with your life.

10 Swords Yeah, feeling stabbed in the back and betrayed, mental anguish. But this is also a completion card...you've had enough, you aren't going to take this laying down anymore and you're out of there, going to begin something new...go to the next phase. This is the darkness before the dawn, when things seem at their worst, but don't give in to despair...it's almost over.

Knight of Pentacles...this is your future. In this case I would look at this as acting like this Knight, his qualities of being steady, persuing his goals in his steadfast, reliable manner. Taking his time and being very methodical about it. He's not a whirlwind at any rate. Look at the card, the snow is melting, spring is coming, the plowed fields may have planted before winter came, just waiting for the warmth of the Sun to come back and start to grow again. So, I'd say you are at the end of winter, emotionally, economically, physically...spring is on the way. Your life is going to start blossoming again, you'll be the envy of everyone once again by the direction life is taking you.

Who knows it could mean that this sort of person is coming into your life too, someone who is serious, steady, reliable, a real rock. He's trustworthy, loyal, faithful and totally dependable, just not the flamboyant type at all. Really down to earth, but sort of preoccupied by his responsibilities.

Court cards are really hard to read, usually for me, I try to see the characteristics that they have and how they could help me see something in myself that I should do or be more like (or less like...depending on the situation) I think of Knights as being on a mission, there is something they are supposed to do.
learntarot.com has some really great decriptions and definitions and all sort of good things to help you get a good grip on the cards and their meanings. Check out the RWS Study Group too, I've learned a lot there and in Using Tarot Cards too.

I hope that helped you see this card a little better.

lana12

WOW, Thank you, I like that.

rainwolf

I can offer some personal interpretation if you wouldnt mind :)

For the first spread:
Present situation is being bound to a fear that you should release for the greater good. Obstacles are your own actions, mainly the ability to take control of the situation and do what you feel is right. The 'reason' may be to prevent emotional abuse and to not cloud your original sense of judgment. If a situation where it is described as the 8s (8 of swords), you will probably act and think much differently than you would otherwise, i think this may be a card to acknowledge this. The right way to solve problems would be to apply past knowledge to situations that are similar, and to not be stupid in a situation where you know otherwise how to act. The conclusion (if you take advice and messages from other cards i am guessing) is that there are brighter horizons. In a reading where The Sun appears, it usually brightens the rest of the spread. good luck!

The three card spread is also a very straitforward message (to me who gets weird 3 cards). In the past (probably before this relationship since it is the past) either you were fine alone, or the relationship had seen better days. In you present state of mind and knowledge, this situation is basically over, since you know the answer (come on, you do dont you?). It may be that it is painful, but this is the bottom, and the only way to go is up (a popular depression saying). The future shows (relating to the previous spread well) that you will carry more knowledge of your limits and expectations, just apply it well and think before you act.
Hope that sheds any light :)

Little Baron

Just a few things I wanted to say -

Firstly, great thread - I learnt a lot by laying these cards out and looking through them as I read the interpretations. I liked your personal response, Rainwolf.

WalesWoman - your interpretations were very clear and easy to follow. Thanks. Also ... in all the time I have had my RWS, I don't think I have ever noticed the snow on the 'Knight of Pentacles' until you mentioned it.

Finally, Lana12 ... I think that your first impressions of the cards were spot on. I hope that gives you some added confidence and also, that everything goes well with the situation discussed.

LB

judylea1

first spread

Seems you've done a pretty good job of interpreting these cards yourself. I would say that nine of wands indicates a completion. You did everything you could to make this relationship work but it isn't, you have to accept that this relationship is over, and the sun indicates happiness is within your grasp if you do.