What to do when suffering Post rage?

Rosanne

I have had, in my short time on this forum, four occasions when a thread or a post made me angry, upset or enraged. On each occasion I did either ignore post, reply bluntly, reply slightly sarcastic, rant and then recant and apologise. None of the four responses the posts drew from me left me feeling good about myself or the posters. Thats not how I want to be so I did a spread to get some feedback and perhaps some advice on how others deal with this(if it happens to you).
The Question " How could I positivly deal with Posts and threads that upset me?"
I used my Rider Waite.
1. Influences on the question- The Hanged Man
2. Influences working in my favour - Death
3. Obstacles to overcome-8 of Cups
4. others attitudes- 9 of Cups
5. What could I do- 10 of Cups (Rx)
6. If I did, what could be the outcome- The Devil (RX)
So there it is, can any one make suggestions. Regards Rosanne

Alta

Rosanne said:
IThe Question " How could I positively deal with Posts and threads that upset me?"
I used my Rider Waite.
1. Influences on the question- The Hanged Man
2. Influences working in my favour - Death
3. Obstacles to overcome-8 of Cups
4. others attitudes- 9 of Cups
5. What could I do- 10 of Cups (Rx)
6. If I did, what could be the outcome- The Devil (RX)
Hi Rosanne, I think that is a question that we all ask ourselves occasionally! I never thought to do a throw on it, but... good idea!

Hanged Man: This can be your strongly felt need to gain perspective on the various types and levels of posts. A sense of wanting to see and be involved but needing a little detachment because you are not enjoying your reaction to your own reaction. Also, you feel like some things that happen are out of your hands (i.e. the thoughts and feelings of others).

Death: This energy works in your favor, in the sense that you do have the inner capacity to let things go. To see the posts that annoy you and understand they can dead to you. It is a good quality.

8 of cups: you need to overcome the urge to just chuck it when things annoy you. That is, carry the Death card too far and leave the scene completely. The 8 of cups has spiritual overtones, wherein you decide that spiritually this is not for you. since this is in the 'to be overcome' position, it suggests this impulse is not correct.

9 of cups: I think this is a perception on your part. That for everyone else it is just a big party, and only you are taking offense. As a long time moddie I can tell, this is not true.

10 of cups Rx- what could you do? Odd question in a way, I would suppose it could be, What should I think? But, to go on. I think this means to let go of your idealism and see ATF for what it is, warts and all. Not that it has a lot of 'warts', but no place where many gather can be free of friction. If you let go of the 'but it should be perfect, and just understand it won't always be, it is a lot more enjoyable.

The Devil Rx -- and if you did? I think that irritating devil would stop biting your tail. :)

Tarotphelia

Rosanne said:
I have had, in my short time on this forum, four occasions when a thread or a post made me angry, upset or enraged. On each occasion I did either ignore post, reply bluntly, reply slightly sarcastic, rant and then recant and apologise. None of the four responses the posts drew from me left me feeling good about myself or the posters.

I think Marion has posted excellent advice .

It is usually better not to reply while you are angry or upset, because it interferes with clear thinking. And we have to take it all with a huge grain of salt and expect that people are not going to behave as we assume they should or we would like them to. Assume ahead of time things are going to be insane, and you will not be surprised or disappointed.

Rosanne

Thanks Marion and Dark Inquisitor. Marion your take on the reading was great for me and I will try hard to let things go, and not go myself, which was my first reaction. Truely I don't like bites on my tail by that devil. Dark Inquisitor, yes I tried to wait awhile for one post but was obviously still mad. Daft time to post, thats true. A little light heart with expectations surely will help also. Regards Rosanne

Moongold

Please delete :)

DollieAnna

in instead of is

Roseanne,
Currently I am in A TEMPERANCE YEAR. Altho I am not going to interpret your spread because so many already have... I try to ignore the posts that make me angry. I also try to remember, it's just an internet forum. YOUR opinion is the most important! People, if they are writing ignorantly or hastily tend to forget that there is a feeling human being behind all screen names.
You can alway type your answers in word or wordpad, then cut and paste. Or put that person on your ignore list. I have a few people on mine...heh, heh. That's what they are made for.
You can alway PM a good friend on the site and bounce it off them, before you post.

NOW how'm I doing in my Temperance year?

Rosanne

Not Bad DollieAnna, not bad. The Temperence year is suiting you. Thanks for your advice on ignore.Especially like the bit about running a post past another before posting. I might add my Walkie Talkie Shirley Temple doll I have and love is called Dollyanna. She is wrapped in tissue in a big box in my cupboard. My girls did get to play with her and their girls will too. Regards Rosanne

Fulgour

omnia vincit amor

In history we often see the victor ending up the same as
the vanquished, with the cycle of oppression like a virus.
To defeat an opponent you become even worse yourself.

Timing is everything. Let 'em have another bite of the apple,
and figure if they're given enough rope, Omnia Vincit Amor!

huredriel

Hi Rosanne,

Just a little thought that raced into my head as soon as I saw the 8 cups as an obstacle. Stop letting your emotions run away with you. I agree with all the advice here and I think it's a great spread you've come up with :)

x Huredriel

Rosanne

Love can conquer all Fulgour, but sometimes it feels like ignorance is the winner. But like Huredriel said I must not let my emotions run away with me...but then again 'qui tacet consentit' (He who is silent gives consent) So your 'give em enough rope..' will give me enough time to calm down.. I hope. Rosanne XXX