Help me choose a book please

The crowned one

I skimmed the good advice as I was visiting your original question.

"Astrology for Dummies" was a pretty good intro, and very unbiased. It was enough to give me the tools I needed to research the ideologies to a point where I realized for now it does not suite me.

Grigori

The Ultimate Astrologer by Campion is a pretty good beginners book. And after whatever beginner book you chose, Tompkin's "Aspects in Astrology" And Sasportas "The Twelve Houses" are really useful I think.

Sophie

The crowned one said:
It was enough to give me the tools I needed to research the ideologies to a point where I realized for now it does not suite me.
What ideologies are you thinking of? I hadn't realised astrology was ideological, although of course, it has its jargon and its basic premise (which is actually the Western mysteries premise of "as above, so below" we use in tarot). Have you come across some astrology that has/uses ideology?

The crowned one

Fudugazi said:
What ideologies are you thinking of? I hadn't realised astrology was ideological, although of course, it has its jargon and its basic premise (which is actually the Western mysteries premise of "as above, so below" we use in tarot). Have you come across some astrology that has/uses ideology?

Yes, lots in my mind.

I have a good understanding of astronomy, gravity and the three accepted scientific/ philosophical views of the human mind. I could not fit the two general theory's of astrology into either of my general belief systems at this time of views of life/ reality. so for now I am going to leave astrology and its ideology's alone.

Sophie

The crowned one said:
Yes, lots in my mind.
hehe, I think we all have some of that type!

Little Hare

I've got Alan Oken's Complete Astrology which is great and the book my astrology teacher has recomended to me...

Pao

wow theres more than i thought. I will have to stop by barnes and noble and sit there and read a few. *thank you*

dadsnook2000

Lots of books

When I started studying astrology I bought several books a month. About ten years ago I had to throw away some 300 to 350 astrological books to make room for all the new books I was buying. We have a little house that is part of our waste transfer station, which is where I left the books. I was surprised to find that everyone of them was gone later that day. In a small town of only a few thousand people, you would think that another astrologer would be known. A puzzle to this day.

The point is that it is useless to worry about which book to start with when you will end up with so many so fast -- if you really are interested in astrology. Dave

MareSaturni

dadsnook2000 said:
The point is that it is useless to worry about which book to start with when you will end up with so many so fast -- if you really are interested in astrology. Dave

That's true. Don't look for the One True Book, because when studying astrology (tarot too, i think) you end up with many One True Books...because none of them are really 'so true' that could replace all others.

~Marina