Help with losing weight :-(

Fostha

Id like to ask if anyone can help with this 3-card spread.For years now i've carried excess weight,and im at the end of my tether with it now,i've definitely got a belly to lose,that needs to be lost,for good,as it's triggering health problems now,so i thought i'd get my cards out,and fire away.Rider Waite,no rvs.
1:What needs to be done:emperor:Now my immediate thought before asking the cards was "go to the gym",but he dont really strike me as a gym instructor.maybe i just need to take more control over my mouth,and watch what slips through my lips carefully.
2:how you can do this:justice:erm,maybe weigh my food portions out accurately,bit unsure on this one,or again,just a careful balance of what actually manages to enter my mouth.
3:eek:utcome:Sun:happy days,happiness,success,weightloss.maybe when its gone for good i'll be feeling younger (and skinnier)perhaps enough to want to go and try horseriding,(like the child on the horse in the image),or maybe i'll simply just be blissfully happy and content to not be carrying it anymore.
It's no ones fault but my own for living unhappily with it for so long,but the time has now come to find a really sensible solution that will guarantee me not only losing the weight,but keeping it away for good.Any ideas anyone?(weightwatchers has been done already,although it worked,its finding the money,and time to go to meetings now that im a single parent)

Amanda

Fostha said:
Id like to ask if anyone can help with this 3-card spread.For years now i've carried excess weight,and im at the end of my tether with it now,i've definitely got a belly to lose,that needs to be lost,for good,as it's triggering health problems now,so i thought i'd get my cards out,and fire away.Rider Waite,no rvs.
1:What needs to be done:emperor:Now my immediate thought before asking the cards was "go to the gym",but he dont really strike me as a gym instructor.maybe i just need to take more control over my mouth,and watch what slips through my lips carefully.
2:how you can do this:justice:erm,maybe weigh my food portions out accurately,bit unsure on this one,or again,just a careful balance of what actually manages to enter my mouth.
3:eek:utcome:Sun:happy days,happiness,success,weightloss.maybe when its gone for good i'll be feeling younger (and skinnier)perhaps enough to want to go and try horseriding,(like the child on the horse in the image),or maybe i'll simply just be blissfully happy and content to not be carrying it anymore.
It's no ones fault but my own for living unhappily with it for so long,but the time has now come to find a really sensible solution that will guarantee me not only losing the weight,but keeping it away for good.Any ideas anyone?(weightwatchers has been done already,although it worked,its finding the money,and time to go to meetings now that im a single parent)

The Emperor makes me feel as if you should try traditional therapies for losing weight - it seems like something more traditional and "proven" would appeal more to you, because you might have more belief in it and put more focus in following through with something like that.

Justice for how you can do this. Balance everything, not just the foods you eat, but how much work you do (if you have a job) how much exercise you do (don't over-do it, get a good routine), and how much sleep you get (make sure you're getting enough). I think this is a good card to tell you to focus on one day at a time as well.

Sun says you're promised renewed vitality with your health - you'll lose the weight and as a result feel better emotionally, so long as you follow a plan and stick to it (but don't uncontrollably stick to it).

saleeneh

You are not alone with that problem... I think many of us here spend too much time on the computer and not enough time doing things that burn calories. It is also easy to overeat when you are sedentary...and after a woman gets a certain age.. she can exist on air anyway. What I found helpful..is getting rid of all "whites", eat only low-carb breads and pasta (not much) less fruits more vegies, meat, and NO absolutely NO sugar! it works you dont have to go hungry I try to always keep a big pot of soup so when I am hungry there is somehting to eat.. anyway. I think the empreror is about control, about having respect for your self including your body, have an attitude of superiority instead of inferiority approaching situaitons. Justice is all about balance. Balance your mental, physcial, emotional and spiritual life. I work on this constantly. I am an air sign and really love ot feed my brain but I am working on my physcial and emotional abilities. The sun to me...is discovery, openess, when you see how easy it is do this it will open up a whole new life. Good luck!! PS I do very gentle yoga three times a week and gentle weight training that has helped so much!

janee

The emporer I think is saying its you that needs to take control of your situation, be responsible with your food and excercise as you are the only one that can fix this problem. I agree that justice in this instance is about balancing diet and excercise to come up with the right amount of both to shift those extra pounds. And if you follow your routine you will feel renewed, perhaps like when you were younger. 3 majors, life changing events.

Fostha

Thanks for the replies,the Dr knows all about the problems its starting to cause me now,and has already given his advice as to what should be done,(some gory bits not really suitable for sharing here),its just nice to get some other ideas along the way too.My will is really strong on this one now anyway,so maybe thats the emperor in me,rearing its ugly head,its just caused me so much unhappiness over the years,that time has come to just lose it for good now.

JennyM

Fostha said:

Emperor: You need to take control of your health.

Justice: You do this by investigation, by a thorough understanding of the difference between food that's good for you and food that's bad for you.

Sun: If you do the above everything will go well. You'll lose your fat.

Whatever you do..don't get caught up in the low-carb thing. Check out Dr McDougall's plant based diet:

http://www.drmcdougall.com/

You don't have to pay for the retreat. His website has a ton of information, including forums where you can talk to others...and it's all free. He has also written several books.

His "stars" are very inspirational:

http://www.drmcdougall.com/star.html

katiec950

** I agree that you have to take control here. Other words that come into my mind with the Emperor are: Strategy, Practicality and experience. I would take this to mean that you are in charge of making this happen BUT you can do this by developing a strategy to work towards (e.g. a goal to lose a certain amount of weight by XX time). Also I think it is saying to use the experience of others in the situation - search the web/ speak to friends and gather as much information as you can.

**Yes a careful balance is need. Also Justice to me is about cutting out the waste and make adjustments to regain balance. In this case it could mean develop your own balanced diet (not a 'stop eating for 3 weeks one) but one you can still enjoy which will work for you..

**I think that this means it may be a hard journey for you (isn't it always lol) BUT at the end of it you will feel so much better and proud of yourself. I see that by following the practical strategies you will be successful and be happier with more energy!

Good luck!
Katie
x

Fostha

Thanks JennyM,and Katie for that advice.Unfortunately,whenever ive discussed my weight problem in the past with friends,they've never really taken me seriously as to just what problems putting up with it causes,not only for me,but them as well,as my unhappiness will definitely have an impact on them. Thats why i chose to post here,as ATer's have helped me to find sensible solutions (as well as my trusted deck)with many other things in my life,i really dont know what i'd do without this forum. Thank you all,i will definitely let you all know when i've lost it for good. Wish me luck. :-D (maybe i should keep the knight of swords under my bed,and sleep on him for inspiration,its worked before)

janee

Just a thought Fostha but maybe you could open a thread for when you need a little support, maybe let us know week to week what is happening and we can try to offer some. It is so easy to put weight on and so so so hard to lose especially as you get older and especially at the festive time of year. I wish you heaps of best wishes and luck.