herbs!!!!

cayacia

Hey everyone. I am planning on starting a herb garden this spring, (we already have one but I was thinking of adding more) and I was wondering what you guys know about herbs. As far as uses for specific plants, tea recipies, lore, etc. What sort of things do you use herbs for?? \^_^

Love and light,

catlin

Hi,

I use herbs for my incense mixtures, for tea, for cooking and for healing.

cayacia

what herbs do you use for insense mixtures? Is there a book you refer to?+

melikka

Hi there! Herbs are one of my passions, I use them for just about anything. For making a simple tea, to making coughing mixtures, for alternative medicine to treating ailments, in the bath, making oils and using them very simply as insence. mix and match to make really delicious teas (whether for medicinal purpose or just to appreciate the taste)There is an endless supply of information on herbs in book and even on the internet. the most I love about herbs is the different aromas especially when cooking.

Greenman

i love to make my own incense, and did a tarot meditation incense a few years ago. it had herbs for meditation and clear thought, as well as coorresponding herbs to the 22 trumps. it was... interesting!

there are alot of books about incense. 'Wylundt's Book of Incense' is probably the most popular one, with many many recipes, but the correspondense tables are a bit weird.
Cunningham's 'Complete Book of Incense, Oils and Brews' is pretty good too, as is his 'Magickal herbalism'.
my favorite herb book is 'The Master Book of herbalism' by Paul Beyerl. this book gives medicinal as well as magickal uses, and how to prepare the herbs too.
the tables of correspondences are excellent (there's even one for tarot/herb correspondences). a really great book.
but by far the best purely incense oriented book i have ever found is Susanne Fischer-Rizzi's 'The Complete Book of Incense'. it has chapters on each ancient incense-using culture, and explains the reason for the use of the individual ingredients, as well as recipes and beautiful full-color plates. a 'must have' for incense makers!

catlin

Oooh, my posting got lost!

Thanks for the book recommendations, Greenman!

I chiefly use cedarwood, sage, basil, laurel, sweetgras, lavender, francincense, sandal, vervaine, etc as "basics" for my mixtures but of course a lot more stuff.

cayacia

ooooh, thanks for all the book sugestions. I really wanted to find a decent book. Do you guys buy your herbs or grow them?