horary help...

VenusRising

I went out for my birthday last night and I flirted with a man I find very attractive, he flirted back, we are friends. I wonder if he is aware he was flirting and what he thinks of it and thinks of me? I don't think we should have a romantic relationship, I have a boyfriend, that would be bad. But I can't help find him attractive. I don't feel guilty about it because it was just flirting. I casted a horary to answer my question, please don't judge just help me read this chart :).
I am Mars and I think Moon too? Mars in Leo, Moon in Pisces.
Him, odd because I can use him either 11th house or 7th house, not sure if this is significating something? Any matter, he is Venus in my house, he is interested.
Based on the chart he does find me attractive, Venus in the 1st house, Sun, second significator for male is in Scorpio, sign of Mars, my significator. Sun and Mars are in mutual reception, is this showing we both find each other attractive?
Moon in Pisces look well placed to me, in the fourth house and in exalation sign of Venus.
My significator is Mars and will trine Jupiter, retrograde, in the 5th. I wonder if this indicates more flirting? Or more social times together? Mars will have to turn into Virgo to trine Jupiter, yes? Moon and Jupiter are in mutual reception though.
The Descandant is conjunct Caput Algol, I heard this is not good. He is losing his head? But in what way?

But Moon never makes a major aspect. I think Moon void means nothing romantic too come of course, which is not what I am seeking, maybe he is, but not me. So, any advice here would be great.

Thank You.

Minderwiz

You're right to raise the issue of which house is him. You've already said he's a friend, so you correctly identify the 11th as a possibility and you've said that it was flirting BUT I don't think you would have asked the question if there was just friendship to it. You might wonder if he was being more than a friend or were a little surprised at your own response. So what question did you actually ask? - because that is going to be the key.

If you asked 'What was the intention of my friend X....?' then he's eleventh House and you are right, Venus would be his significator.

If you asked 'Has X any romantic intention towards me (and you're not interested) I'd be tempted to give him the first and you the seventh (as the possible object of his desires)

If Your question was 'Should I have a romantic relationship with X?' then reverse the situation and give yourself the first and him the seventh. (which also is Venus)

If your question was something to do with having a brief romance with him or simply do I really fancy him, or should we have some fun together then you would use the fifth which is ruled by Mars. Given that you have already given Mars to yourself, I'd use the Sun as the exaltation ruler of Aries and also a natural significator of the male in romance or marriage.

The first thing in a horary is to decide what the question is, because that is the thing that decides which houses and therefore which significators are in play. If you are not clear here, then the answer will not really be clear.

Yes we have Venus as ruler of the friend or ruler of the potential lover but which Venus signifies will affect your interpretation.

So before I go any further I need to know what question you asked, otherwise it becomes a list of if you asked this, then...... statements.

PS, can you let me know the location of your horary (and for that matter confirm the time and date) so that I can reproduce it. Much of the later work depends on the essential dignities of the significators and I have the software to speed things up

Minderwiz

Well after some PM's back and forward the question is

'Has he any romantic intentions towards me?'

For once I'm going to give him the First, as it's him we're focussing on and it's him that apprears to have made the first move - and most importantly, you are not 'interested' in a romance with him. If you were, or even if you were horrified at the thought, I'd have still gone with the norm and given you the first.

There another reason for giving him the first, I can actually now see two meanings to 'romantic intentions' one is the long term relationship but the second is a short term one with no commitments, 'a bit of fun' if you like. In that case we need also to consider the fifth House and it will be much easier to do that with him as the first.

So long term relationship intention.

He is Mars, the Ascendant ruler, you are Venus.

As you point out Venus is in the first, which might be taken as evidence that you are more than willing - but we know that is not the case. Moreover Venus is in Sagittarius, not Scorpio your focus is not on him it's on Jupiter (or what Jupiter represents) For the moment, Jupiter being a male planet, I'll take that as your BF Indeed Venus is not in any dignity of Mars, so you don't have any romantic intentions at all when it comes to him.Your significator's presence in the first is most likely to reflect the situation - you were literally with him.

Mars (him) is in Leo in the ninth. Leo is actually intercepted in the ninth, so he seems to be interested in his travel plans, education or dreams and from context I'd go for the latter. Mars has a strong mutual reception with the Sun, so he's taken up with his dreams and himself - If he's dreaming of you - it's not serious as there's no dignity of Venus concerned.

In terms of aspect Venus is in a separating square from Mars, which suggests no interest is involved on either side.

So in terms of a long term relationship, I don't think he's thinking about a long term relationship and given that the significators are not forming an aspect, he's not going to get one.

The other possibility was that he was thinking about a short term 'fling' some fun and nothing more. For this we look at the fifth House. The fifth has Aries on the cusp, which would give us Mars as the significator. However as we've used Mars for him the options are Sun - the exaltation planet of Aries, or any planet in the fifth. As there are no planets in the fifth I have to use the Sun.

We've already seen that Mars is in Leo and has mutual receptions with the Sun. Sun in Scorpio shows an attraction to him. There's no aspect between Sun and Mars but it's posible that if you were willing (and I very much stress that) a short term relationship would be possible.

I suspect that your feelings for him are a little stronger than you said, though not in terms of any long term romance. There's a mutual attraction but only at that short term, rather superficial level.

Now you might want to ask a follow up question as to what action to take, However given the result, I don't think that that would be useful, unless he begins to pester you. Being in a relationship or even married doesn't stop you fancying other men = what matters is whether it goes any further. If you don't want such a relationship, as you say, then just do nothing. If it happens again, then is the time to say firmly 'No' either by word or deed.

PS in response to your last PM, I would say don't take any action he responded because he fancies you a bit and he likes the idea of a flirtation. I don't think he'll do anything further unless you give him signals that it's welcome - i.e. you flirt with him again

VenusRising

Well I hope assigning him the first house, works ;-).
Would the reading be completely different if I were to read it as me first, him seventh?
Just curious!
I don't have strong feelings, just find him so attractive! And in a way, so glad I am moving back to Spain in January, I could be in a lot of trouble lol. Everytime I see him, I want to flirt.

So you are saying he is attracted to me too? That's nice to hear. Sometimes I can feel him stare at me from across the room.
He is a cancer with cancer moon, so I can't imaging him making the first move.
I don't want anything to happen first reason because I have a boyfriend, second I am moving back home, and third our friendship is valuable to me.
Thanks so much.
I'll let you know what happens. I don't want to stop flirting. I am bad!

Minderwiz

Well I hope assigning him the first house, works ;-).
Would the reading be completely different if I were to read it as me first, him seventh?
Just curious!
I don't have strong feelings, just find him so attractive! And in a way, so glad I am moving back to Spain in January, I could be in a lot of trouble lol. Everytime I see him, I want to flirt.

So you are saying he is attracted to me too? That's nice to hear. Sometimes I can feel him stare at me from across the room.
He is a cancer with cancer moon, so I can't imaging him making the first move.
I don't want anything to happen first reason because I have a boyfriend, second I am moving back home, and third our friendship is valuable to me.
Thanks so much.
I'll let you know what happens. I don't want to stop flirting. I am bad!

Actually if I'd given you the first the result would be the same.

We'd still have the same significators and the same result for the long term relationship - though obviously you would be Mars and he would be Venus (incidentally the way I did it feels better in terms of significators)

In the case of him looking for a 'bit of fun' I'd have to take the fifth from the seventh - which is the eleventh House of the chart. The reason I would have to do that is that the question is about HIS intentions and if he's the seventh, then romance to him is the fifth house on from there (counting the seventh as '1')

The eleventh has Libra on the cusp and therefore, as before we have the issue of which planet to use as the significator of his romantic intentions. The exaltation planet for Libra is Saturn and the planet in the eleventh is Saturn! So he is definitely focused on romance, especially as Saturn is in Libra. Now Saturn is not in any dignity of Mars, so we don't have the mutual reception. What we do have is a sextile between Saturn and Mars. The aspect is separating, so it seems the attraction shown by the aspect isn't going to lead anywhere. However as you are Mars, and also interested in that short term romance - we're back to the same conclusion - if you wanted to have a 'fling' then it would be perfectly possible!

Given that your question was about his intentions, it still makes sense to me to give him the first, and the significators of Mars for the man and Venus for the woman are very symbolic. The chart shows two people who fancy each other, but neither of whom is really interested in a long term relationship with the other!

VenusRising

Thank You. I see clearly what you mean.
Its very exciting. I appreciate your insight!

Thank You again.