How do you carry your mini deck?

Tanga

I'm thinking of buying the rws mini deck (1.2 x 2 x 3.2 inches) to carry along in my bag. Problem is, I can't figure out how to protect it when I do.... The box is just too flimsy IMO. Any suggestions? Thanks. Eva.
PS: I'd rather not do leather...

Leather?? :) Lol.
I get most of my bags off eBay. Sometimes I indulge in more pricey ones made by
someone who takes a bit more care (e.g. Sulis' Etsy shop - tarot-sulis, or Baba studios) - and some,
are pencil cases or make-up bags.
Here's a selection:

Attachments

• MiniDecks.JPG
    MiniDecks.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 94

gregory

Mobile phone cases....

Yellow

I'm thinking of buying the rws mini deck (1.2 x 2 x 3.2 inches) to carry along in my bag. Problem is, I can't figure out how to protect it when I do.... The box is just too flimsy IMO. Any suggestions? Thanks. Eva.
PS: I'd rather not do leather...

Hi Eva,

Which mini version of RWS are you considering? Some of the most popular versions already come in either a tin or a sturdy box. The pocket Centennial edition comes in a tin, as does the pocket Radiant Rider Waite, and the Universal Waite has issued a mini version which comes in a very sturdy, stand-up box which I quite like. Any of these would save you the headache of having to find another protective case.

EvaSegovia

Well, I went ahead and ordered the RWS mini deck and plastic boxes early this am, so I guess it's a done deal. At least I hope it is... If I have the cards well protected, I can start looking for that cute little bag... But I think I'll wait till I get my package... I already have the Centennial RWS deck, but in the larger size. If this 'box thing' doesn't work out, I'm pretty sure I'll get the Centenial in the tin... The mini is just a tad smaller, and I like to travel light, but we do what we can, right? Thanks everyone for taking the time to bounce around some ideas. Eva

JylliM

I make my own wraps for them. Probably not supposed to mention here, but I'm not linking, I also sell them. Funnily, I've also recently been asked to make wraps to fit the pocket tin decks for preference over carrying them in the tin.

AnemoneRosie

I have a tin that originally held tea. I also see all sorts of nice small jars and solid boxes (be they hardened paper or lighter weight woods) at various dollar stores and craft stores. Bring your deck with you to try it out in the store and make sure that it fits!