How important is the card you have a premonition about ?

summerbutterfly

This aftenoon while doing a couple of practice readings for friends and myself, I found on two occassions that while I was shuffling the cards a thought came into my mind that a certain card would be drawn for each reading. The first time thinking "what does R expect of me" and shuffling, I got a very clear image of the Empress card, but thought that was wishful thinking and just dismissed the thought and kept on shuffling and cut the deck. Effectively, the first card drawn for a 3 card reading was the Empress.

The second time, for a friend, she said her love interest seemed unusually happy but would not say why and wanted to know if it had to do with their friendship starting to develop into something else. While I was shuffling, the Death card also came to mind, and I thought to myself "what an odd card for this reading". First card drawn for the 3 card reading, was Death.

So if you have a premonition about a card that it will be drawn, do you attribute a greater significance to it in a 3 card spread or would you consider that when you drew it as the first card and had already had a premonition that it was the answer? Would you consider it to be sufficient in itself, no need for the other 3 cards?

I am getting a little spooked because this intuitively knowing what card I will draw is getting to be more frequent and a little bit odd......

jadechick

premonition

i do this alot too its good, i feel it is being in touch with the universe and our subconscious.

tarotcognito

Whenever a card pops up that I've had a premonition about (usually while shuffling), I take that card to be of some significance, especially in a spread with only three cards. If it's a Major, doubly so. But I don't discount the other two cards out of hand (I use EDs and numerology in my readings) because they still might impact the other card.

Let's just say that I pay more attention to the card I had a premonition about.

Hope that helps. :)

taylorkiteling

I've occasionally dreamed of a certain card and then pulled that card in my Daily Draw or in a reading that day. I do place more significance on it - if it came up in a premonition or dream, it's probably an important card - a warning or karmic lesson to be learned, perhaps. I once dreamt of Temperance and then drew it in my Daily Draw - and it turned out to be a stressful day where I really needed that Temperance energy!

summerbutterfly

Thank you everyone, I know it's a difficult question.

Ironically it has become easier for me to discern what card I am going to draw than be able to read the cards. Somedays I just draw blanks and can't figure out what they are trying to say. Guess practice makes perfect......