How many of you carry your cards with you?

Grizabella

I always carry a deck. Usually a new one I want to get acquainted with and my VR.

If you're going to read professionally (don't know if that's your goal or not) you need to learn to say "no". Even if you're not wanting to go pro, being strong enough to say "no" is really important. But really, welcome reading requests. They're good practice and you'll build a reputation that way.

Logiatrix

At the very least, I always have my poker deck with me; it rests in my backpack when not in use. When I know I'll be in an environment where readings will be wanted, I'll throw one of my favorite decks in my backpack, as well.
:)

lilangel09

I carry my cards with my in my purse (1 neutral and 1 dark when I feel like it). I used to have my Marseilles in the glove compartment, but I took it out since the car gets too hot. Other than that, the rest are sitting in a bookshelf.

Feretian

Logiatrix said:
At the very least, I always have my poker deck with me;
:)
I never thought of that...it would perfect for reading somewhere in public where I don't want to be approached.

I always carry the RWS mini, and more recently I carry the full-size when I have a tote. The mini is tough on the ol' eyes. I hate reading glasses.

HearthCricket

I usually toss a bag in my car for impromptu readings, be it for myself or for others. I have the Gilded, The Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg, and usually one other, like the BG or perhaps a copy of something I am working with. Also the Madame Endora. A few crystals and a spreadcloth are added in. It is true...you never know when you are going to be asked to do a reading for someone and I like to have my favourites closeby, just in case!

If we are just going out or on a day trip, I try to take one of my pocket or mini decks with me, so I can play around. This is why I am a huge advocate of tarot in tins. They are great for travel and keeping those decks safe!

liveinpeace

Just got back from visiting a friend in St. Louis, MO. Was there for a week and wished I'd brought a deck with me....DUH!!! I had just received Gilded before I left and it would have been a perfect time to get acquainted with my new deck. After reading this thread, I think I'll look for a mini to carry with me. I just LOVE this forum!!!

Umbrae

liveinpeace said:
...After reading this thread, I think I'll look for a mini to carry with me. I just LOVE this forum!!!
There's the mini, and then there's the pocket sized deck. Both serve separate purposes.

You know...a mini TdM is really excellent. Takes up zero room, you're always ready to read, teach history, extemporize on mediaeval art, play the game, hide them quickly, teach reading, give examples for informal gatherings …

Pocket…universal waite is nice…POCKET THOTH…wa? Sorry. I’ll leave now…

franniee

I just made a pocket lo Scarabeo! No where near as nice as the trimming Valeria did on the thoth! But adequate. We'll see how long I can play with it before I need to buy another and trim it better. But so far I love the smallness of it and the no borders. :D Like a new toy! :laugh:

GreenMoonBeam

I have just ordered mini and pocket Tarots for this reason. Found I am sitting around with nothing to do. So I figured have my Tarot and have friends with me
Most eagerly waiting for the pocket Illuminated. Hope this Tarot will be better
than retail therapy. })

Feretian

So what's the difference between pocket and mini? My little RWS is about 1"X2". And what's "trimming" about?