How We View Reading Lenormand for Others

greatdane

I know readers decide whether just to read for themselves or others for various reasons.

I read for others because I want to perhaps warn someone of a possible bump in the road, to give them ideas of what they might do to help or change their situation, to help them be proactive when possible, to give them a heads up.

I read to hopefully give sitters more control, not less. Even if I do see a challenge, a possible less than positive outcome, I hope that allows a sitter the opportunity to, if possible, change direction, if not, to be able to think of what to do after it happens.

I believe life is fluid, like a river, and that while we may not be able to always control it, knowing there may be a bend in the river ahead of time may help us decide what to do when we reach it.

MoonGypsy

i somehow missed seeing this, GD, my friend....
i so agree with everything you said; and i must say you stated it so very eloquently.:)

pluto'sapprentice258

i somehow missed seeing this, GD, my friend....
i so agree with everything you said; and i must say you stated it so very eloquently.:)

Here, here.

Beautifully put, GD.

Couldn't agree more. I read to empower people, not lord over them some kind of exclusive gift or to appear 'all-knowing'.

Anyone can pick up a deck and learn, just like I did :D

Cheers, GD. Very poignant.

little p

Cocobird55

Great post -- I agree completely.

greatdane

Thank you for your kind comments. I just felt the need to say this as I like people to see how I view the cards when I do readings. I have pmd people to ask them if they could rephrase a question because an answer can only be as good as the question. Sometimes I have had sitters who seem to just take whatever the cards say as THIS WILL HAPPEN which takes away, or relieves them, of any responsibility. I like sitters to leave feeling they have perhaps another way of looking at something or to somehow feel more empowered by what I have shared. It seems you all understand what I mean :).

claire1805

I know this is a little irrelevant seeing that I do not read the Lenormand at all, but your post really resonated with me. The idea that the future is not set in stone and that though the river will move downstream, we have the power to control its flow. Very empowering indeed...

I am interested in learning the Lenormand but have gathered online that the readings done can be a lot harsher than that of Tarot. You really clear away my doubt of doing readings both for myself and for others around me, for fear of giving away 'inevitable' news ... Perhaps, I will take up Lenormand reading in the near future...

Padma

Oh, do, Claire, it is so much fun! :love: Lennies are so much better at shorthand than the tarot, it is a whole new language, I find! So challenging and interesting!

Greatdane, I honestly read only to help others and to help myself. I firmly believe readings are only a map - they may show the different ways to get places, but how we get there is our own lookout! :bugeyed: lol ;) It wouldn't be any fun otherwise...!

How nice to have some keys to try and help others open doors for themselves, though... :) Regardless of the reading system, I really believe they are all just keys, and if we are perceptive, we use'em! :D

greatdane

Your post is VERY relevant, Claire1805!

I believe readings in general, tarot, Lenormand, any oracle is meant as a tool, not to doom us to some sort this is THE only way this can be reading. Yes, the Lenormand is more to the point. I don't know that it is necessarily harsher as I have seen some pretty harsh tarot readings, but it is good for practical questions, at least in my opinion. I read Lenormand for almost everyone because it reads so easily, like a story, this is this which is affected by this which results in this. At least that's the way I read, some Lenormand readers read differently depending on what works for them. But I think ANY readings should be seen as empowering, not self-defeating. Even if there may be a bump in the road, it's better to know that beforehand because that helps you see other options. Good luck with all your readings! GD

greatdane

I agree, LotusPadma!

I think the cards are there as another tool in our enlightenment, empowerment, to help us see and seek options, maybe sometimes to brace ourselves a little. Otherwise, what is the point of readings? To just make us wait for the boom to fall? To tell us we need do nothing and all our dreams will come true? That's just not the way I see readings in general. That's just my personal viewpoint as a reader. Everyone can view it any way they wish. I posted this thread in the Lenormand forum because I read Lenormand much more than I read tarot for others.

claire1805

Oh, do, Claire, it is so much fun! :love: Lennies are so much better at shorthand than the tarot, it is a whole new language, I find! So challenging and interesting!

Greatdane, I honestly read only to help others and to help myself. I firmly believe readings are only a map - they may show the different ways to get places, but how we get there is our own lookout! :bugeyed: lol ;) It wouldn't be any fun otherwise...!

How nice to have some keys to try and help others open doors for themselves, though... :) Regardless of the reading system, I really believe they are all just keys, and if we are perceptive, we use'em! :D

Lenormand is fun? :) I am still beginning to learn the Tarot, and would love to try my hand at Lenormand too but it just seems to give out the 'doom and gloom'... Maybe I am just being judgemental. Whatever it is, Greatdane really makes me want to consider Lenormand again.

Wow, Lotus! 'keys and open doors'... How symbolic and altruistic of you! I am not yet at the stage where I am able to empower others with my readings, but we will all get there somehow. You really remind me not to look at the Lenormand, even with the Tarot, as the GPS but rather a 'map'...