I made a Tarot Peddler's Cart - see see!!!

seven stars

OK so I do make a lotta stuff but I'm just REALLY HAPPY about this - in the market I've been using a dinky little table that I painted up & I've always hated it but it was functional (it folded up). At a thrift store I found the bare bones of a very old vendor's cart for $49. I built the desk part, with a shelf underneath, and a legged box to put on top to put my decks & jewelry for sale in, and a couple of tarot signs - REALLY happy with the way it turned out, I wanted it to look gypsy & old. I can't WAIT to use it!!! Way too cold yet but soon.....

Attachments

• IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 237

canid

That is waaay cool!!

Laura Borealis

That is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen! :bugeyed: :thumbsup:

seven stars

tytytytyty I'm so happy with it. Of course this will end up being the year my friend follows through with his offer of letting me use his real vardo downtown. A vardo would freaking rock. This I can take anywhere, though - I may hit up a few Kansas City First Fridays with it. If any of you are around KC I'd love to meet up this summer.

starrystarrynight

That is SO fabulous! I'm in love...

Chronata

That is really spectacular!
I love the kind of cart it is...with the big wheel in front.

You did such a great job. It has awesome style and presence!

I had wanted a cart too...for ages.

But when I finally built it, it had to be shared with my spouse and our other business, so I never actually get to use it for tarot.

Chiriku

You did a great job. You're very creative and good with your hands, too.

Just one (perhaps too obvious) question: where will the querent sit?

Well, two questions: is the querent not meant to see the cards you lay out? Because I think if they're seated nearby on a folding chair, they'll have trouble peering over that far.

tarotbear

That is WAY TOO COOL! Be sure to have a stool for sitting and a place for a bottle of cold water or two!

Best part - you can also probably find one of those umbrellas that clamps onto a folding chair to have with you in case you get stuck in brilliant sunshine on a hot day. You could decorate that to co-ordinate ..... :D

Padma

what a fab cart, Seven Stars! Though I also liked the newly decorated folding table...maybe you can set them up together? You're very creative! :)

canid

tytytytyty I'm so happy with it. Of course this will end up being the year my friend follows through with his offer of letting me use his real vardo downtown. A vardo would freaking rock. This I can take anywhere, though - I may hit up a few Kansas City First Fridays with it. If any of you are around KC I'd love to meet up this summer.

I was thinking vardo also but it's not big enough to live in. I so would love a vardo to live in. Still, that is stunningly awesome. I have the same ouija board you have in the background & I love the hoola hoop! And the piano; mine's in the living room. Your room looks remarkably similar to mine - very eclectic & chaotic. And you got this at an antique thrift store?? You are so creative; any way you could concoct a frame to drape gypsy-like fabric over, simulating a tent?