I need a deck recommendation!

Amary

I was going through my decks the other night, looking for something to read with, but nothing felt quite right. They all felt TOO colorful, and cartoony. Even the Victorian Romantic felt like it was too much. The only one that came close to being right for right now was the Victoria Regina, but that wasn't it, either.

Can anyone recommend a "calm" deck for me? I'm ok with unillustrated minors. :) My deck list in my profile is current, if you need to see what ISN'T working right now.

Thank you. I guess I've had so much tumult lately that some part of me just wants stillness from my deck.

The crowned one

Looking at your list I would suggest the Hermetic, BOTA or the Royal Fez. ( all these are based on the Victoria Regina being close ;) )

teomat

The Magical Forest feels very calm and still for me, but also a little sad and melancholic. The Medieval Cat and Angel (Japanese TdM) also have a simple, calm feel to them too. All three seem very 'uncluttered' to me.

But I guess the Magical Forest and Cats are the epitome of cartoony too, so perhaps not what you're looking for.

Nina*

My first thought was Tarot of the Master - Vachetta.

Le Fanu

Amary said:
Can anyone recommend a "calm" deck for me?........I guess I've had so much tumult lately that some part of me just wants stillness from my deck.
You said calmness, stillness, and I immediately thought of the Ananda.

ETA; it's available in English too!

BodhiSeed

How about the Aquarian, Deirdre of Sorrows, Margaret Peterson, or Tarot of the Secret Forest?

OctoberGwen

When I feel that way I always reach for the Heart Tarot.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/heart/

Even the shape of it in my hands helps, since I have to hold it and shuffle it differently than usual. It makes me more mindful of the cards, and stills my mind a bit. I find the artwork extremely soothing, and sweet but not saccharine.

Le Fanu

Funny.. I have been on the fence for ages about the Heart Tarot. But what you say just pushed me over the edge! I just found it cheapish and bought it! I suppose even just for novelty value, it is worth having in a collection, and I do like her Circle of Life deck a lot.

OctoberGwen

Le Fanu said:
Funny.. I have been on the fence for ages about the Heart Tarot. But what you say just pushed me over the edge! I just found it cheapish and bought it! I suppose even just for novelty value, it is worth having in a collection, and I do like her Circle of Life deck a lot.

:heart:

That's ironic, because I was on the fence about the Circle of Life, but after what you & a few others said in another thread, I finally bought it yesterday! :D I found it cheap, too.

I just love this woman's artwork. And yes, if nothing else the Heart is a unique addition to one's collection...I do hope you like it, though.