Incense

Vardigon

Dragonsblood is my favorite incense right now, probably followed by Jasmine. Only the natural stuff, ya know?

Briar Rose

I am loving the subtle scent of the Hem Lemongrass. It is very light.

I burn sticks too. But I love the way the brass holders for the cones look, and how the smoke comes through them. It looks to be very meditative. I don't have one yet.

I wish that the sticks would have a box, or holder with a cover that is perforated.

The brands by Darshan seem to burn even cleaner than the Hem. And I love the way the Sairaj purple dhoop sticks smell. These two brands seem to evoke a mediative state.

What does faerie dust smell like, Beautiful Luna?

HearthCricket

Check out the holders at Incense Guru. They have both long wooden ones with holes, as well as soapstone ones, beautifully carved, for burning incense and the smoke comes swirling out!

Promise

I'm burning a stick from my new favorite Etsy seller. The scent is called Stonehenge Mystery and is just magickal! Incredibly pure, just enough smoke to get that earthy, distinctive incense backdrop to it, and it burns forever!

Oh, I'm a happy, happy girl today!

Briar Rose

I just tried this and I love it because it smells pure. It is a resin incense and has to be used with charcoal.

Ganeshpuri Dhoop

Used daily in Siddha Yoga ashrams, dhoop is a traditional, fragrant blend of substances whose smoke purifies the atmosphere. This recipe of 16 ingredients was created by Swami Muktananda and is used in the fire ceremonies at the Gurudev Siddha Peeth ashram and Shree Muktananda Ashram.

Anyone make their own resin incense, or has tried buying some?
I would like to know the ingredients in Dragon's Blood. It must be some type of exotic red flower?

greatdane

I'm following this thread with great interest....

I love incense, well, kind of realllly like it or realllly don't, depending on the type. I like something that isn't sooo pervasive that it's distracting, but that melds into whatever mood I wish to create. Last two posts, very intriguing, I must find out more.

GD

zephyr_heart

I use cones, and mostly they're rose, lavender, sage and sandalwood.

greatdane

That's sound yummy, Zeph!

Any particular brands?

Briar Rose

I am inlove with Hem's Dragon's Blood.

Is that flower? I love the way it smells the best, these days.
Anyone know about the ingredients?

I aso love cones.

I want to clear up a post I made(few posts up). I have learned that it depends on the scent of the brand, whether or not it burns cleaner. Both Hem and Darshan burn clean. I like both brands.