Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks

Hemera

I got tired of waiting for our scanner to get fixed so here are a few (not so good) pictures of a few of my trimmed decks.
The Dream Enchantress is my latest.
The Dream Enchantress, The Pearls of Wisdom and The Crystal Tarot.

Attachments

• Dream Enchantress.jpg
    Dream Enchantress.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 921
  • Pearls of Wisdom.jpg
    Pearls of Wisdom.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 697
  • Crystal (LS).jpg
    Crystal (LS).jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,105

pippi

Added to index:

My trimmed Paulina.

Hemera's Crystal, Pearls of Wisdom and Dream Enchantress.

Link to hunter's post of many additional World Spirit scans.

Fabiannemo

Weeeee! all of these are so pretty.

That's it! i'm going to every art/craft store in Boston this weekend until i find a good cuter and corner punch.

[fabian takes a glance at his New Palladini deck as a coy smirk crosses his face] that's right, i'm looking at you.

Kanon

Fabiannemo said:
Weeeee! all of these are so pretty.

That's it! i'm going to every art/craft store in Boston this weekend until i find a good cuter and corner punch.

[fabian takes a glance at his New Palladini deck as a coy smirk crosses his face] that's right, i'm looking at you.
Me too Fabiannemo! I'm expecting my corner rounder now, then I'll be ready to attack my Druidcraft and The Vampire Tarot (Robert M. Place) :D!

Silverlyn

Has anyone ever trimmed their Fenestra Deck? (Can you?). I've been quietly looking after this Deck due to it's gorgeous hue of color, etc. But 'cuz of having very small hands, I'm trying to stay away from buying/acquiring any more full-size decks (unless I can trim them waaay smaller).

If so, any pics of the trimmed decks here?

Thanks!

Btw: I need to show my trimmed Robin Wood, Druidcraft and Vargo Gothic. Still have yet to finish trimming my Mystic Dreamer Tarot. (Leaving the Titles, so they are thinner on the sides..which is better for me.. with the brown bar cut off the tops of them, too).

Silverlyn

Fabiannemo

a word of caution too

Ooo, kanon, you'll have to show me what the Vampire Tarot (R.M.P.) tooks like after you're done. I'm probably going to do the same to mine.

I'm currently trimming my Radiant RW and already trimmed my New Palladini Tarot, which i actually regret doing. I'm not happy w/ the way the New Palladini looks trimmed... at least not the deck i trimmed.

My digital camera broke so i can't show any pictures just yet. But when i trimmed the New Palladini, i trimmed within the artwork borders so that the finished trimmed card would only have the image and title. Which i think is the main issue i have w/ my trim job.

Without anything framing the artwork (and keeping in mind that the borders in the cards are integral to some of the artwork) the images just slide off the card and the cards don't really "speak" to each other anymore when they're in a spread.

To be perfectly honest, after holding the N.P. deck trimmed, i feel as though they're upset with me for doing it (much like after cutting you're dog or cat's nails and they're upset at you for it) and i get a huge sense of guilt when i hold the deck now. Is that weird?

Maybe it's the fact that it was the first deck i trimmed, maybe it's the fact that it was one of my best decks for readings, maybe it's because they're not all perfectly the same size. But it's not as though they look bad or anything, it's just the impression i get - the Radiant Rider though which i'm currently trimming seems to be ecstatic about the face lift.

So just a word of caution to anyone feeling a little "trimmer-happy" the way did. Make sure you know what you're trimming off, that you want it trimmed, and that it needs to be trimmed. I would also say that for thicker card stock, fine sandpaper to the edges before corner cutting is a good idea.

hunter

Silverlyn said:
Still have yet to finish trimming my Mystic Dreamer Tarot. (Leaving the Titles, so they are thinner on the sides..which is better for me.. with the brown bar cut off the tops of them, too).

Silverlyn

PLEASE post pics when you are done. I have Mystic Dreamer in the mail and really prefer playing card sized cards. I was taken by the mostly all female cast, though. I like short, fat cards, the opposite of you, and would trim differently, but think I will learn much from seeing what you did.

Silverlyn

hunter said:
PLEASE post pics when you are done. I have Mystic Dreamer in the mail and really prefer playing card sized cards. I was taken by the mostly all female cast, though. I like short, fat cards, the opposite of you, and would trim differently, but think I will learn much from seeing what you did.

I will! :) Hopefully this or next week I'll finally have them done, Oh and I've also got the bottom brown bar trimmed off, too, and I've hand-cut rounded the top corners, as well. (Need to buy a corner rounder).

Silverlyn