Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks

Debra

RexMalaki's trimmed decks

Here are Rex's trimmed Alchemical and Ancient Italian--smaller and attached. :)

Attachments

• Rex trimmed Alchem_Ren_01.JPG
    Rex trimmed Alchem_Ren_01.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Rex trimmed Anc_Ital_01.JPG
    Rex trimmed Anc_Ital_01.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 110

Orenda

I would love to see the Lover's Path tarot trimmed, but have found no images of this deck having been altered :(

Debra

Here's what the Lovers Path would look like, four variations.

Attachments

• lp1.gif
    lp1.gif
    66.3 KB · Views: 136
  • lp2.gif
    lp2.gif
    58.8 KB · Views: 132
  • lp3.gif
    lp3.gif
    44 KB · Views: 129
  • lp4.gif
    lp4.gif
    34.6 KB · Views: 130

Orenda

Thank you for that graphical representation Debra, so kind :)

I'm torn about trimming this one, as the shape is already wide, and appears even stouter as it's trimmed. Also, keeping any of the ornate inner border would be really difficult unless one does not round the corners, which makes a deck tend to have bent tips on all four corners eventually *doh*

Thus I was wishing to find a finished job on this deck :/

Appreciate the effort though!

Debra

Orenda, how about this?

Attachments

• lp5.gif
    lp5.gif
    50.8 KB · Views: 134

Orenda

Thank you again, but I'm not seeking scans of the cards or pictures of the cards that have been cropped. Instead I was hoping to see a picture of someone's deck after they had trimmed it. To see the size in hand, the effect of corner cutting, and the other advantages of member's sharing their trimming experiences with decks here.

I have trimmed once before, and am seriously considering trimming this one! It would measure approximately 8.5 cm in height per card, 7.0 cm in width, and the deck stack is about 3.1 cm (for storage and shuffling purposes) if I were to trim so there is NO border, just Kris's paintings. Am tempted, but not committed, LOL!

Thank you again for your efforts Debra, very kind of you to do that for another member *S*

sapienza

Debra said:
Here are Rex's trimmed Alchemical and Ancient Italian--smaller and attached. :)
Thanks Debra. :)

Orenda

Important update on trimming the Lover's Path deck! If one does trim to the most innermost borders, thereby keeping only the paintings, then there is an inconsistency in sizing! I compared the Fool card against the Page of Swords (in this deck called the Princess) and found that the latter was a larger painting in the card's centre *eeippp*

Something to note for sure...

Nickigirl

Dragon Tarot Trimmed

Comparison Image of Pracownik's Dragon Tarot
Be warned that the images on the backs don't line up with the fronts, so most cards have a bit of white edge around the backs. I'm going to just get out my sharpie and darken those up and then I think I'll be THRILLED with how this deck trimmed up!

Attachments

• dragontarottrimmed.jpg
    dragontarottrimmed.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 781

AJ

Orenda said:
Important update on trimming the Lover's Path deck! If one does trim to the most innermost borders, thereby keeping only the paintings, then there is an inconsistency in sizing!
Something to note for sure...

Card publishers have explained here that is the reason most cards have borders. there are tiny inconsistancies of placement as the sheets are fed through the printing process. With the borders on this is difficult for the eye to notice, therefore becomes a moot point.

Nikigirl those are beautiful cards beautifully trimmed. Without the titles though I wouldn't have a single idea what the cards were :)