Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread ~ Part 3

SolSionnach

rwcarter said:
Your smaller Thoth sounds like it's on the ball to me. It predicted that you would fail with it and you proved it right by putting it away. Sounds like you let it get the best of you.... })

You need to show your smaller deck who the boss is. And I think her name is sravana.... :laugh:

Rodney
I am doing exactly that! I put the darned thing in order, put it in its box, and am going to put it away as soon as I finish posting this reply! So there, small Thoth! Failure, indeed.

::grumble::

(Sravana stalks off, small Thoth in hand, considering threatening it with a bonfire...)

Tharivol

Wewt, first week done (started two days before posting). It's going well. Hit a bit of procrastination last night, but forged through it and got a pretty good grasp on the day's card.

This is kinda fun.

rachelcat

Hiya, fellow studiers!

Now don't make threats you aren't willing to follow through on!! (I think a time out will work very well!)

Wow, Tharivol, keep going! (From the queen of procrastination! They should have a card for that . . . Maybe sravana's Failure!)

In trying to do a card a day, I have ended up doing 5 today to catch up. My excuse is I keep drawing majors. I DO think they're trying to tell me something . . .

Now I must go type up my 5 sets of notes and post them!

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Onyx

rwcarter said:
Onyx,

Are you using Scion's wonderful PDF with your study or are you going it alone?

Rodney

Scion's PDF is an invaluable tool to understanding the small cards on the Liber T. There is just loads of information about how to address the deck as a whole too but not a lot on the Majors, Courts, and Aces. I have been using just some of the Thoth resources around to understand the rest. As I was thinking about doing the new Golden Dawn deck from Lo Scarabeo I have been incorporating many of the Golden Dawn ideas and looking at how they are expressed. The use of the astrology, which is strong in the deck, has been a stretch for me because I am only beginning to understand many of the concepts.

I spent a couple of months last year studying the Liber T and I used Scion's material as a workbook and looked and studied each of the cards. It was that time last year that really when the Liber T took hold of my imagination. Now I am taking a look at the deck as a whole and working to find my approach to it. Also one of my goals with study is to find only how I can engage this deck and find out what it means but also work on the process of how to study a deck that can be transferred to any other deck. I know that once I have finished I will want to do this all over again with a different deck and I want to learn how to avoid the hindrances and distractions and I want to give meaningful advice to my tarot students about how they can also intensively devote themselves to one deck over a long period of time.

The last week I have been working on the Aces and by extension the suits. I am hoping to bring it together into a form I can post on the Study Forums. The more I seem to study the more that comes up and the more daunting the task seems to be. I am getting closer on finding where I am going to stop to move on to the two’s soon though.

Onyx.

Chiska

I would really like to participate, but I am having trouble choosing which deck to use!

At one end of the spectrum I have my oldest and most "comfortable" deck - the Mythic Tarot. At the other end is my Pythagorean Tarot, which I feel I just don't have the time to really study appropriately.

But then again, how am I ever supposed to get comfortable with it if I don't jump in and give it a go.

So, since today is full moon, I will go until the next new moon (25 Feb). It is a short period, but I want to give myself the opportunity to revisit my decision before making a longer commitment. This is a massive undertaking and I don't want to set myself up for failure.

I will not work with any other deck during this time.
I will try to do a daily spread (of 3 cards)
I will try to focus on at least one card per day - using not only the PT book, but also my Greek philosophers and mythology resources to get a deeper understanding.
My readings and observations will be journaled at my blog (see frame for link).

rwcarter

Chiska,

Welcome aboard with the Pythagorean Tarot! I'll add you to the master list right after I click submit on this post.

The Pythagorean is on my "One day before I die I have to study these decks" list.... :D

Rodney

2_Journey

rwcarter said:
The Pythagorean is on my "One day before I die I have to study these decks" list.... :D

Me too! Chiska, I'll be interested to see how you find working with it.

Jyscal

I must say that im also really starting to enjoy my deck studies. I actually wake up in the morning, and cant wait to get started again, but then realise i have to go to work! Ill be going on night shift soon so at least ill have the house to myself during the day, so ill be able to spend time with my deck most of the day.

cherylleebest

Jyscal said:
I must say that im also really starting to enjoy my deck studies. I actually wake up in the morning, and cant wait to get started again.

Me too!

Shame about that thing called work, eh?

nicky

sravana said:
I am doing exactly that! I put the darned thing in order, put it in its box, and am going to put it away as soon as I finish posting this reply! So there, small Thoth! Failure, indeed.

::grumble::

(Sravana stalks off, small Thoth in hand, considering threatening it with a bonfire...)

LOL! I bought a trimmed Thoth and it took me an hour to put the cards in order... I whine about the keywords but I am sure not ready for the deck without them!

Nicky