Is it possible to be misled by tarot cards

gregory

Not doing an alternative inter here, as this is not Readings - but lovers as a choice he made, for starters - and the other cards I would not say were "obvious" as such - they could have simply been reflecting your own feelings - you say yourself
the only man ive ever properly loved.
which pretty much states where you were standing when you read.

Dangala has it about right, here.

ravenest

I have just been misled by tarot cards about the man who so far has been the only man ive ever properly loved. I am not going to blame myself and say I misinterpreted it - I think the lovers, 10 of pentacles, 2 of cups, 6 of cups is pretty obvious and I also think its highly unfair that whatever is behind the cards would have expected us to interpret cards like this in a more negative I.e. disappointing light. We are all only.human and of course we are going to interpret cards like this in a positive light. The cards know this, so if they really wanted to have helped in this situation then why not show me the 10 of swords, 5 of pentacles, 5 of swords, 3 of swords etc. That message I would have clearly understood. But to sit here.and blame myself for not realising that The Lovers means that someone is going to tell you they dont love you and they.never want to speak to you ever again, sorry but im not buying it. Yes I truly beleive it IS possible for the cards to mislead you, and I think that for some people they are a positive guiding influence, for others such as myself for whatever reason, they are malicious and deliberately mislead to mess with your emotions. I loved tarot for 5 years but I am too scared to go near It after this and I have realised I dont need it becos I have the Universe itself here to support, guide, love me and listen to me.

Pleas dont take this negatively but the cards CANT be wrong. It is your idea (and many others idea) about what they believed the cards could do that was wrong.

Going back to my 'friendly dog' analogy ... the equivalent would be me being angry at my dog because he was 'supposed to be' ( ie. I believed he was) friendly , when it my mistaken idea about his nature.

If I read my horoscope in todays paper and it said I was going to have a great day with family (such is the nature of 'prediction' in many cases - i.e. it is Christmas day ) and I had a car accident on the way and ended up in hospital by myself ... should I think the astrologer, the newspaper, or some mysterious nasty force in the Universe was out to get me or mock me ... or should I assess my belief in newspaper horoscopes?

Nineveh

Yes, the cards can mislead you but they can also be brutally honest. I suppose it all depends on the type of spirits that are conveying the message through the cards. I've known a reader to state that she seeks answers from only the purest and good spirits (something like that) while shuffling her cards.

God always has the last word, however.

ravenest

No .... God doesnt. Even if someone believes God is speaking to them ... the actual words are the person's words that are speaking. Although many claim them to be Gods words or messages.

I might be wrongly speculating here ... but going on what you just wrote, do you believe Nineveh that an evil spirit can give a tarot reader wrong, opposite or bad advice just to persecute them ?

And this could explain what some people are despairing about re tarot giving them 'wrong predicition' ?

Nineveh

No .... God doesnt. Even if someone believes God is speaking to them ... the actual words are the person's words that are speaking. Although many claim them to be Gods words or messages.

I might be wrongly speculating here ... but going on what you just wrote, do you believe Nineveh that an evil spirit can give a tarot reader wrong, opposite or bad advice just to persecute them ?

And this could explain what some people are despairing about re tarot giving them 'wrong predicition' ?

I wasn't speaking of the last literal word. A person can still scream and moan while in the Lake of Fire and God is completely done with them. So, you could be right.

I believe that an evil spirit can mislead a person through tarot simply for the sake of being evil. The Bible tells us that the enemy comes to kill, steal, and destroy. I don't believe that persecution is the overall objective. Evil antagonizes good as we all know. Sometimes we have to experience trials to grow as individuals. If we continuosly circumvent such by receiving tarot readings I believe we can miss out on our life's purpose and the evil spirit has fulfilled his goal.

If I never had the opportunity to encounter corruption and persecution against me I don't think I would have been fully capable of discerning such problems to the extent of helping others nor growing stonger both spiritually and mentally. I never ask the tarot for advice. Just think if I would have accepted those readings that told me the only thing you can do is move on (8 of cups) or you don't have friends in high enough places (star card. BTW, God is the only friend I need and He is in the highest place) I would not have grown as a person nor would I have obtained victory.

ravenest

So ... do you actually read tarot cards ?

gregory

Yes, the cards can mislead you but they can also be brutally honest. I suppose it all depends on the type of spirits that are conveying the message through the cards. I've known a reader to state that she seeks answers from only the purest and good spirits (something like that) while shuffling her cards.

God always has the last word, however.
For you - maybe. For most of us here - no.

aryamalik

As for me, it's difficult to take just one card describing the situation. I usually put keywords to my card for example 9 of cups: wish.. the card wants to tell you there must be something about your wish whether it's good or bad, and its explained further by the other cards.

Nineveh

For you - maybe. For most of us here - no.

No, it is true for everyone. We shall all obtain greater clarity and confirmation in due time.