It's the all singing, all dancing enabling Thread #4

ctrymaus

Deck of the Bastard or Sola Busca Revisited

I need enabling for the Deck of the Bastard. I'm still on the fence. Especially because I read a review posted in January 2013 mentioning the deck had an unpleasant odor, perhaps from inks or lamination. I have a lot of allergies, so I wouldn't want to spend that much money on something I might not be able to use.

I like the old look. But I'll have to get a custom back--can't deal with a spider on the back of each card. Eeek!

Tell me I want this? Or do I want the Sola Busca Revisited?

CountryMouse

nisaba

Bastard and Sola Busca

You want both.

My deck of the bastard has a back design that is a tree made of skulls, and a pouch to match. I recommend it highly on the basis of the backs and pouch alone.

The kooky images, some RWS, some Marseilles, some goodness-knows-what, will keep your Tarotistic mind jumping here and there. When you use it, you will know for certain that you Aren't Dead Yet, which is a great thing to know. :)

gregory

Bastard and Sola Busca

She's wrong. You want both AND the Deck of the Dead, which is even more so than the Bastard })

nisaba

She's wrong. You want both AND the Deck of the Dead, which is even more so than the Bastard })

<hangs head>

Sorry. I was considering their budget. Which, I know, is entirely off-topic here, and belongs in that other thread, the place of darkness where unenlightened people try to talk you out of buying.

So ... click on Gregory's name. Choose "View profile". Look at the listing of her collection. In all conscience on this thread, I cannot do better than to say that if Gregory has *any* decks that you don't have yet, you have some catch-up buying to do before you'll ever be happy.

swedishfish612

Thanks for the info about Place's Vamps. I think I need it. Someone said it was literary and that kind of did it for me, lol. I'm not normally into vampires but this appeals to me.

ctrymaus

Bastard and Sola Busca

nisaba and gregory: You're right, I need DOB *and* the Sola Busca. I looked at the Deck of the Dead...sorry, tooooo creepy for this mouse!

I still need to find out about odor/possible allergy problems. I wrote to Seven Stars here and on her site, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Also, I just sent off for a Victorian Romantic, so Bastard will have to wait until next month. Then the *next* month for Sola Busca. :-D

Thanks!

CountryMouse

rylla

The Deck of the Dead

Does it work for reading?

nisaba

Absolutely! And I adore the Death card. I love this one. To my shame I haven't pulled it out in a while <goes and rummages in collection>.

twilight_dusk

Can anyone enable me with the Dream Enchantress and the Fairy Lights? :))

magicjack

The Hip Witch / Witchy Tarot

For some strange reason I like this deck. Anything I have read about this deck is on the negative side but I still am interested. Is there any enabling to be had for this deck or is it as bad as everyone says. After all, Halloween is just around the corner.