Journal / iPad mini?

violetdaisy

I've read threads about Evernote and onenote - but when I look, neither are really meant for Mac. I've also looked on the App Store on my tablet. But I'm not sure what would be good.

I need...to be able to upload photos, have categorized "folders", and add a date/time stamp. Bonus if it's got a calendar with moon phases, and holidays/world *special* days, to choose from. Or one I can add those things to so that when I do a date/time stamp it includes those things.

Ideas?

Times I wish I was a programmer/developer....

Aura Wolf

I have used Evernote on PC and Mac (current) with no issues. I don't upload a ton of photos but I do take photos of my tarot readings and upload them (you can also just copy/paste), then journal. I also have a ton of other stuff in it, notes I've written, ideas, and articles clipped from the web. You can keep it organized with Notebooks (like folders) and tags. I think you can integrate calendars, but I'm not sure how that works.

Sar

I've read threads about Evernote and onenote - but when I look, neither are really meant for Mac. I've also looked on the App Store on my tablet. But I'm not sure what would be good.

I need...to be able to upload photos, have categorized "folders", and add a date/time stamp. Bonus if it's got a calendar with moon phases, and holidays/world *special* days, to choose from. Or one I can add those things to so that when I do a date/time stamp it includes those things.

Ideas?

Times I wish I was a programmer/developer....

How about Ctitch, Zoho Notebook or Centrallo?

https://www.ctitch.com
www.centrallo.com
https://www.zoho.com/notebook/

danieljuk

just a warning, I was raving about Evernote on AT before and use it for my tarot journals and keep all my readings and notes in it. But just recently they have become much meaner with what you get and you get far less with the free version now. You can get it for Mac but it has limitations in the free tier for all devices now. If you plan to use it a lot, you will have to pay for it and I would look if any of the alternatives Sar suggested might be better.

Onenote is free for all features and there is a Mac version but I have no experience of using it. I may have to switch to it though in future and import all my notes in.

violetdaisy

Thank you for all of your replies. I don't really need free, but don't want a monthly subscription either. I loaded all of the mentioned links using my phone and iPad. I have looked at dayone before. Dayone seems to be the least "clunky" on my iPad mini & phone. And I have looked at others on the App Store but find it hard to really see what each offers.

I just got a Bluetooth keyboard yay! Should be here by next Wednesday.

Hope to transition to electronic journaling soon.

Teheuti

Notability has everything except the calendar, although you can date/time stamp, plus photos, audio, drawing, text. It also has a great ability to draw graphics (spread layouts). You can easily sort the files into categorized folders. There's a desktop version as well as the iPad/Phone app.

Sar

just a warning, I was raving about Evernote on AT before and use it for my tarot journals and keep all my readings and notes in it. But just recently they have become much meaner with what you get and you get far less with the free version now. You can get it for Mac but it has limitations in the free tier for all devices now. If you plan to use it a lot, you will have to pay for it and I would look if any of the alternatives Sar suggested might be better.

Onenote is free for all features and there is a Mac version but I have no experience of using it. I may have to switch to it though in future and import all my notes in.

People are fleeing from Evernote.