Have you found a Tarot tucked away you had forgotten about

Thoughtful

Have you been so engrossed in your current tarot decks, that you have not looked at earlier purchases. l was having a tidy up and discovered l had the Spiral Tarot. Never used it, must have had a look when l bought it and promptly stacked it away.
Having found it again l decided to give it a whirl. l had not realised how beautiful this deck was. Love the Princess's (pages) they are so cute.

https://gfx.tarot.com/images/site/decks/spiral/full_size/32.jpg

The colouring is lovely, and the size of cards are just right for my small hands. Did a few readings with it, and was impressed at the accuracy. This tarot although sizzling with energy does read in a quiet and profound way.

Have you come across a tarot you had forgotten about and now use.

violetdaisy

I haven't "forgotten" about a deck I have as my collection is small. However, I haven't even looked at my Fey deck in a number of years. It's been since at least 2005....

lark

I could have swore I sold my Lombardy deck...even have it written down who I sold it to, and then when I was KonMarie-ing the tarot closet I found a copy...:bugeyed:
Anybody want to buy it lol
I must have re-purchased it at some point but have no memory of it.

Also found a copy of the small Hanson Roberts ...one of my copies was destroyed by a wet purse in a rain storm...and I had made a mental note to get another, but never did and there was another copy in the closet...
Unless this is the mandala affect for tarot decks???....Or I'm just losing it.

And coincidentally I had my Spiral out the other day to and was thinking what a lovely deck it is and I should use it for awhile....so on my tarot table it went.

Edited to add it was the Piedmont I found not the Lombardy...I did sell the Lombardy...but where did this Piedmont come from..records show I sold that one too....???

DaughterOfDanu

I've never completely forgotten about a deck I own but I have many times gone through my collection to find a deck that hasn't been on my mind in years. Most recently the Bohemian Gothic (I think second edition). It breathes new life into the connection between me and the deck and rediscovering the deck makes for a fun afternoon.

Beanfeasa

I bought Druidcraft and mystic faerie, then moved house twice, and found them, neither were even opened. Now Druidcraft is one of my main decks. I traded the mystic faerie

bonebeach

I would *totally* buy a Lombardy, just sayin'.

I have a few decks left from my childhood, and while I never forget about my FIRST deck (a RWS my mother gave me when I was 12), I kind of periodically forget about the other ones. Like, oh...I still have...this dragon deck...? The dragon tarot in particular I always take for a whirl when I find/remember it. Part it is that it's not stored with the rest of my collection, but in a box of precious few childhood mementos.

(KonMari would not approve of this split storage ;) but it does bring me joy)

DDwarks

I wish! Good on all of you though x

Le Fanu

A story I've told before of having returned to tarot after a 10 year or so haitus and I knew I had some decks somewhere and couldn't for the life of me find them. And there were GOODIES - Royal Fez Moroccan, Balbi and loads of other 70s and 80s decks. I knew I wouldn't have thrown them out or anything, and Trading (pre-internet), didn't exist.

Then one day, at my parents - something tugged at me to look behind a bookshelf and there they all were, a tarot stash, stuffed behind it. What a treasure trove. I walked around in a daze for ages!

Thoughtful

Lovely to read all your comments.

Le Fanu what a fabulous find it must have felt like Christmas :) It puts my one and only find in the shade. But no worries as l seem to be enjoying it quite a lot.
My collection has been honed down now which means l know exactly what l have, so no more surprises for me.

Rose Lalonde

Recently I found a deck in a box of old silverware that had sat untouched at least since we moved a decade ago. Google tells me this long lost stranger is the Norse Tarot, trimmed back to the knotwork inner border.

It may have been my first deck. Before tarot I used to read a set of runes I made in my teens, and the deck includes runes, so I bet that's why I bought it... or why it was given to me as a gift?