Keeping a Tarot Journal

Carla

That 'My Tarot Journal' looks interesting. It would be nice if the pages were printed loose and sold with a ring binder. A lot of those pages are exactly the same, so they could be produced in packets of multiples. Then as your ideas about the cards change, you could file in new pages, with dates, so you could watch your tarot understanding increase.

Of course, it would be little trouble to produce your own version of these and make your own ring binder, using Microsoft Word, though the cost of printing might put it about the same price as the book by the end of it.

Sulis

I love using real, paper journals with my lovely old (1935 Parker Parkette) fountain pen and up until now I've used softback Moleskine journals.
I've just discovered Atoma notebooks and they are gorgeous. The best thing about them is that the pages can be moved around and you can use different paper sizes or types (lined, blank or squared) in the same journal. They are a little like ring binders without the bulk. They work with a disk system which holds the paper and you can even buy a punch but it is very expensive so that you can add pages of your own, pictures etc.
They're a Belgian-based company and have been around for donkey's years - I'm surprised I've never heard of them before: http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...3b9MSOxppPuyzDA8Q&sig2=l5NhpvoSZWV44qUNj21sbw

La Force

That 'My Tarot Journal' looks interesting. It would be nice if the pages were printed loose and sold with a ring binder. A lot of those pages are exactly the same, so they could be produced in packets of multiples. Then as your ideas about the cards change, you could file in new pages, with dates, so you could watch your tarot understanding increase.

Of course, it would be little trouble to produce your own version of these and make your own ring binder, using Microsoft Word, though the cost of printing might put it about the same price as the book by the end of it.

You can buy my book then take my book to any print shop in your area and have the spine cut off, convert it to spiral and add some blank pages, or 3 hole punch it to put into a ring binder

ETA: That may be an option, that I could print off my book loose leaf, and sell , for you to put in a ring binder, however it will cost 37.00 cad. It is more realistic to just purchase my book from amazon, I priced it to be affordable for everyone.

Carla

You can buy my book then take my book to any print shop in your area and have the spine cut off, convert it to spiral and add some blank pages, or 3 hole punch it to put into a ring binder

I thought of that, too! :)

CrystalWolf

I've just started a Tarot Journal.

I'm currently learning to read a deck, with the help of The Tarot Workbook by Nevill Drury. Which has exercises to do at the end of each chapter.

I'm using a A5 folder, with dividers. Which I will eventual use for Spreads, Notes on each card, even Tarot Stories (what can I say I'm a writer), and any other areas which doesn't fit in previous sets. Notes picked up from book, which I will increase as I research more into learning to read tarot.

greatdane

Two Journals

I always write down my readings, but I also journal with decks, just looking at cards and writing my thoughts, amazing how it can change over time. I don't journal with every deck, but especially when I first started reading, it was really helpful. I have recently started going back through the Universal Waite (just because it's basic RWS symbolism) to just see how meanings may have altered for me over the last couple years and sometimes it's just good for me to revisit cards I may have never felt really clear on. If a deck doesn't quite feel like a reader for me, I might journal with that before moving it along, especially if I really liked it just to find it didn't "speak" to me.

ScaryFairy

I used to do proper journals with notebooks and pen, but I've moved over to the dark side and now use Microsoft OneNote. So convenient - I can paste in pictures of cards, add notes all over the place, highlight stuff - when I paste things in from the internet it adds a little note reminding me where I pasted it from - I can add a screen clipping.

The reason it's so convenient is because I do get many of my ideas from places like AT, on the internet, so the whole pasting and typing thing really works well with that.

Occasionally I wish I was still doing it the traditional way - and maybe I'll go back to that - but for now this is quite nice.

Winterchild

Onenote

I used to do proper journals with notebooks and pen, but I've moved over to the dark side and now use Microsoft OneNote. So convenient - I can paste in pictures of cards, add notes all over the place, highlight stuff - when I paste things in from the internet it adds a little note reminding me where I pasted it from - I can add a screen clipping.

The reason it's so convenient is because I do get many of my ideas from places like AT, on the internet, so the whole pasting and typing thing really works well with that.

Occasionally I wish I was still doing it the traditional way - and maybe I'll go back to that - but for now this is quite nice.

Wonder if they have similar for Mac.... I like the sound of this app, especially how it notes where quotes are taken from! The hours I have spent searching!!

Winterchild

A random, cheap softcover notebook and a random, cheap ballpoint is the way to go. You'll write your journal much more candidly and be much more carefree and just not care and let it all flow.

Pretty notebooks can be very paralysing.

Oh yeah..... I found that I wrote and drew best on old envelopes and invoices, bills etc... so I just bound them all together and started making them into my own journals.... I get a kick out of recycling old books too.

For specific deck study notes I just make wee disk bound journals that can be easily reorganised. I tend to prefer the draw a card to study each time, rather than do the deck in order, and this method means I can put the notes in order later.

I do need a biro or oen/pencil that writes well though.... nothing worse than a leaky splotchy creature scratching its way through the paper....

As for others reading.... that's their issue not mine ;)

Emerald Isles

I also keep a tarot journal. I've tried doing it by hand at first, but it's much more convenient for me to keep computer notes. I use LiveJournal so I can organize and tag specific entries. It's also great to look back and connect the message of a past reading with that of a current one.