King/Queen of cups diffrences.

SoulDancer

Who has more feelings the Queen or the King. how would you interpret how each one feels for someone. what are the differences. I did a reading for a friend asking how a guy felt about her and another girl, for one girl he felt Queen of cups and for the other King of cups. Can someone help.

Grizabella

I wouldn't say one has more feelings than the other. Just that they have a different way of expressing and controlling their feelings.

Think of the differences in the way men and women express and control feelings. You'll probably find your answer then. A man controls his feelings because it's the "manly" thing to do. For a woman, it's more acceptable to cry and show more of their emotions. Men feel they express love by going out to work and doing things that are stereotypically male, while women are nurturers and "nest makers" who are more concerned with making a home. Men build it, women decorate it---think of it that way.

Each can love just as intensely, but they'd express it differently.

Thirteen

Solitaire* said:
Think of the differences in the way men and women express and control feelings. You'll probably find your answer then. A man controls his feelings because it's the "manly" thing to do.
True, but if any man is going to cry and show his feelings it's the King/Cups :D

I think you're right, by the way, that it's not a difference in how much feeling, but in how the King/Queen act when struck by such feelings. But I think saying that the King is going to "man up" on his feelings isn't quite there. Because if ever there was a sensitive male, unafraid to express his softer feelings, it's the King/Cups. He'll weep openly, he'll say, "I love you!" without hesitation, he'll delight in being romantic, and enfold those who hurt into his arms. He's not one of those "man's man" types.

But what he is is "fire" as compared to the Queen's "water." And that, in male fashion, means, I think, that he's more likely to take action. It's that difference, I think, between a woman wanting a sympathetic ear, and a guy wanting a solution. If the King's daughter is crying, he's going to feel that pain deeply, and he's going to enfold her and try to comfort her. But he's also going to want to fix it. "How can daddy make it right?" he'll ask. Because his first instinct is to act.

The Queen is going to feel her daughter's pain and comfort her, but instead of heading off to beat up the daughter's no-good boyfriend, the queen is going to spend time letting the girl talk all about it. Handing her tissues as she weeps, and making sympathetic comments to show that she understands, agreeing whole-heartedly that the daughter doesn't deserve such a no-good boyfriend...and maybe she and the daughter should have some ice cream? Would that make the daughter feel better?

The Queen goes with the flow of the emotions, wherever they take her to whatever conclusion seems right. The King, however, gets set on fire by those emotions, he has to act on them.

TeenOfCups

Dont Look For Any Logic In This Answer!

As the almighty *cough* Teen Of Cups i think it is my duty to say: ofcoarse the queen of cups is waaaay better than the king of cups! *cough biased* and possibly the most beutiful, sensitive and powerful card in the whole royal arcana *COUGH COUGH*

p.S none of the opinions expressed above are true (or are they?? who knows...) but what i can honestly say is both the king and queen are different in good ways and bad, just like the people who walk the earth we are all good and bad but in our own individual ways, and we cannot compare them because we are so simply unique!

XOXOXOXPEACEXOXOXOX

starrystarrynight

Since only one card could come up for each position, and the King and Queen of Cups are about as close as you could get to one another, maybe he feels very much the same for both girls...more of a parental, nurturing, protective affection than any kind of passionate or romantic love, in my opinion (otherwise, I think the Two of Cups, the Lovers, or a passionate wand would have shown up for one or the other.)

PentQueen

SoulDancer said:
Who has more feelings the Queen or the King. how would you interpret how each one feels for someone. what are the differences. I did a reading for a friend asking how a guy felt about her and another girl, for one girl he felt Queen of cups and for the other King of cups. Can someone help.

I'm wondering if it has to do with roles in the relationship. For one woman, he is the supporter (King of Cups), and it would appear for the other, that she wears the emotional pants (Queen of Cups). So I would say that, while both very loving relationships, they appear to be very different when it comes to considering his role in the relationship. He needs to decide what role he wants to play.

Other than that, I think that the Queen of Cups relationship would be more creatively loving; soft, sensual, emotional, go with the flow. While the King of Cups shows a very stable, and in control love affair; less drenched in emotions, but very dependable in love.

star-lover

PentQueen said:
. While the King of Cups shows a very stable, and in control love affair; less drenched in emotions, but very dependable in love.

Agree with that alot! Though I would add this King does let his emotions out time to time but not as gushing and as often as the Queen - he is a King that makes his emotions known and you know where you stand

Thirteen

SoulDancer said:
I did a reading for a friend asking how a guy felt about her and another girl, for one girl he felt Queen of cups and for the other King of cups. Can someone help.
Maybe you should lay down clarification cards?

starrystarrynight

Thirteen said:
Maybe you should lay down clarification cards?
Right, and another thought that comes to mind is for future throws not to ask about more than two people per spread (the seeker and the other person in question.) That way, you will know who is who, and all the cards can be used for each individual.

i.e. (from the seeker's point of view: ) Spread #1. "What are his feelings about me?" and Spread #2. "What should I know about his feelings about X?" or something along those lines.

Thirteen

starrystarrynight said:
Right, and another thought that comes to mind is for future throws not to ask about more than two people per spread
Ah, the memories this wise advice brings to mind. All those spreads I used to do in my formative period, usually at parties after drinking some. I could never keep straight which side of the relationship spread was supposed to refer to which person in the relationship. Lucky for me, those I read for usually had had as much if not more to drink and were often satisfied if not confused.

:D Those were the days!