knight of cups as the "outcome" card in the reading means....?

zd13777

I just did a reading on my self where I used the keltic cross, the question was about if this guy will come to visit me soon, we live in different cities, and the Knight of Cups came up as the outcome card- I interperate this as a Yes becouse the Knight of Cups represents romance and arrival at the same time.

But I would very much like to hear about what you guys think, anybody out there want to share their opinion?

AnemoneRosie

The Celtic Cross is not a yes/no spread - it gives up so much information! The Tarot in general is not a great yes/no oracle. That's because there is no card called "yes" and there is also no "no" card.

Whether or not the outcome can occur depends on the rest of the cards. Would it be possible for you to list all ten of them? And state which deck you used? Without that information I'd say that the Knight of Cups speaks to emotional growth. So either you grow through the visit, or you grow through not having the visit and learning to cope with that disappointment. I'm personally prone to suspect the second one, but the other nine cards are where you'd find the context for that.

CrystalSeas

As an outcome card about someone visiting, I'd say the Knight of Cups might drop by, but it would be brief, and it would be on his way to somewhere (or someone) else.

As zd13777 said, Tarot cards are almost impossible to interpret if you need a "yes" or "no" answer. You might want to make a list of all 78 cards and write 'yes' or 'no' next to each one so that you have a way of interpreting the cards when you ask yes/no questions.

Honestly, using a pendulum will give you much clearer answers for those sorts of questions.

If you want to show us all of the cards in the reading, you'll need to post in a different forum: Your Readings. The 'Using Tarot Cards' forum has a limit of half or fewer of the cards in the reading. So, at most, you can only post 5 cards from a 10-card reading here.

zd13777

thanks for responding

As an outcome card about someone visiting, I'd say the Knight of Cups might drop by, but it would be brief, and it would be on his way to somewhere (or someone) else.

As zd13777 said, Tarot cards are almost impossible to interpret if you need a "yes" or "no" answer. You might want to make a list of all 78 cards and write 'yes' or 'no' next to each one so that you have a way of interpreting the cards when you ask yes/no questions.

Honestly, using a pendulum will give you much clearer answers for those sorts of questions.

If you want to show us all of the cards in the reading, you'll need to post in a different forum: Your Readings. The 'Using Tarot Cards' forum has a limit of half or fewer of the cards in the reading. So, at most, you can only post 5 cards from a 10-card reading here.

My interest for pendulum has grown lately, maybe I will try it someday, but I just dont think Im ready for it right now. As it comes to this kind of questions, which spread would you recommend? Thank you again for your respond.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, zd13777!

I have removed your post listing cards from another reading you've done. Here in Using Tarot Cards, we try to keep threads to one topic at a time. This thread is about the KnC as outcome from your first Celtic Cross. If you wish to discuss cards from a different reading, please start a new thread.

Please take a moment to read both the UTC Posting Rules and the Your Readings Posting Rules. In UTC you may list and/or discuss up to half of the cards from a single reading, while Your Readings is for discussion of complete readings of any number of cards (one through the whole deck).

Please provide AnemoneRosie feedback on her interpretation of the KnC. "Thanks" is not considered feedback. Please see the YR Posting Rules for more info on how to leave proper feedback.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

RNDeanna

My interest for pendulum has grown lately, maybe I will try it someday, but I just dont think Im ready for it right now. As it comes to this kind of questions, which spread would you recommend? Thank you again for your respond.

I have seen a spread that uses reversals, and if a card is upright it is a "ye"s card, and if it is reversed it is a 'no". The spread uses 5 cards so you have to have an answer either way.

As far as the Knight of Cups goes, it could also be that you go there. It could be a new experience, and, quoting here from one of my books, they do indicate travel. So I would think it's a good sign.

zd13777

I have seen a spread that uses reversals, and if a card is upright it is a "ye"s card, and if it is reversed it is a 'no". The spread uses 5 cards so you have to have an answer either way.

As far as the Knight of Cups goes, it could also be that you go there. It could be a new experience, and, quoting here from one of my books, they do indicate travel. So I would think it's a good sign.

Lately, I do get a lot of travels in my readings and when other ppl make a tarot reading for me, and I was also thinking about before the readings, so it might just be that.

And he is coming to visit while he`s at a business trip, so it could be that to....
I will make another reading for my self and post it at another forum so that it won't get deleted again :) :D

zd13777

Welcome to Aeclectic, zd13777!

I have removed your post listing cards from another reading you've done. Here in Using Tarot Cards, we try to keep threads to one topic at a time. This thread is about the KnC as outcome from your first Celtic Cross. If you wish to discuss cards from a different reading, please start a new thread.

Please take a moment to read both the UTC Posting Rules and the Your Readings Posting Rules. In UTC you may list and/or discuss up to half of the cards from a single reading, while Your Readings is for discussion of complete readings of any number of cards (one through the whole deck).

Please provide AnemoneRosie feedback on her interpretation of the KnC. "Thanks" is not considered feedback. Please see the YR Posting Rules for more info on how to leave proper feedback.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Will do, :) thank u for the reminder :D

AnemoneRosie

:( Everyone got a comment but me...