Langustl black & white Tarot (working title)

Langustl

Hi !

I´m trying with Tarot drawings or black & white things. I think about a Majors Arcana deck.

This is the first one - Temperance. "What has Temperance to do with that ?", a few of you maybe will ask. O.k., Where is Temperance? It is on the way down. We already passed death. And now there´s Temperance and tells us to make a little slowly, to be a little careful, not to let everything go, to keep a little consciousness.

The man jumps into the water, he wants to swimm. In the back you can see a swimmring and the feet of another person. If the man is in danger to drown, the other person will be able to help.

Temperance protects us from drowning.

http://www.langustl.de/blackwhitegross/14maessigkeitengg.html

thorhammer

Whoop! Yay, so good to see you creating another Tarot, Stephan! I've missed following your progress muchly :)

Interesting choice of image, and I'm so glad that you decided to discuss it with us. I'm not sure it resonates with me just yet, but I'll keep considering it, and I'm sure once we see some more cards to give it context it'll firm up. It's a lovely image, nonetheless, and although it's black and white it has a certain warmth that I'm really jiving on :)

Thanks for sharing!

\m/ Kat

Langustl

Hi Kat

Thanks for your reply. I try to find kind of different ways to show the contents of the arcana, not the usual symbolismn and representation. Something like riddles where the viewer must take his time and think about it. I think also the Temperence is often somehow understood superfacial, and other cards too. I try to see or to show another aspect.

truelighth

Oh, another deck. And black&white, my favorite. I like your take on Temperance. I am curious to the other cards you will make. :thumbsup:

thorhammer

Oh, that's wonderful! I love the feeling of repression, of frustrated desires, perverted self-control, unexpressed passions! Brilliant, Stephan!

\m/ Kat

Langustl

Thanks a lot, Kat :)

Langustl

Thanks ;) The next one will be the Death. Always interesting to look on all these possibilities how to arrange such a card. In the moment I have a few in my mind. Something with a ball course or bob run. Just let the things go and look wich way it will take.