lapis lazuli and serpentine?

AH020387

are the energies of lapis lazuli and serpentine compatible? im asking becuz i put them together/near eachother, and so i wanna know if it's a bad idea...?

LaurelBelle

Which brings up a question for me. Are there stones that do not have compatible energies? I've been combining stones quite a bit lately, they seem to be working in harmony for my intentions. I can see how perhaps their individual characteristics combine for a synergy that is closer to my intended effect than a single stone on it's own, like cooking and how the flavors unify. With that same model, some recipes suck. Any cruddy recipes out there?

frac_ture

I've been interested in combining stones, but I'm just learning, so I, too, have been concerned that combinations might yield bad results... Like, maybe it's possible to have stones cancel out each other's effects, or to blend into some unforeseen effect. I've tried to research this (without finding many solid answers), and I've asked a few people first-hand who know crystals and stones a lot better than I do, and the consensus seems to be (so far, anyway...) that mostly stones will work together in the manner you intend, without their effects being somehow "warped" or nullified by being used in conjunction with other stones. So using bloodstone with intent to help heal your liver while simultaneously using aventurine to soothe your eyes should result (hopefully) in a more healed liver and more soothed eyes, not in neither happening because the stones negated each other, or your ears unexpectedly starting to twitch because, what do you know, that particular combination of stones causes such little muscle spasms, as it turns out...

The only thing I've been advised against, is trying to combine stones that have diametrically opposed effects. As an example, I was just reading that Blue Tiger's Eye will calm and cool an overly active sex drive, while Red Tiger's Eye will stimulate an underactive one...so using both at the same time quite possibly will result in a net cancellation of effects -- it may be that using those two stones together could have the same overall effect on your libido as using no stones at all.

To answer the original post's question, then, Lapis Lazuli and Serpentine would seem to be very compatible from what I know of them, and in fact, I could even see the former sort of "powering" or amplifying the effects of the latter. Actually, I may just have to try this soon...;)

Please bear in mind that I'm only reporting the word I've turned up from other sources here -- I'm not pretending to speak with mad authority, as I'm still a crystal/stone novice! It would be great to hear about anyone's experiments with combinations in Crystal Study Group posts!

LaurelBelle

I'm gonna go slip my blue and red tiger's eye into my bra (no pockets) and see what happens. Perhaps I will be sexually bipolar, or really want to have sex with things I am not attracted to. I'll report back later.

Edit to add "later": Well, at first there was a type of push/pull sensation, but yeah, it just normalized. Although, I think the dampening of libido is winning out, 'cause today was a rather ahem, dreamy day, but thoughts that started just kind of stopped (which is not how this day was going). So, it could be the stronger specimen wins out.

frac_ture

I'm gonna go slip my blue and red tiger's eye into my bra (no pockets) and see what happens. Perhaps I will be sexually bipolar, or really want to have sex with things I am not attracted to. I'll report back later.

Edit to add "later": Well, at first there was a type of push/pull sensation, but yeah, it just normalized. Although, I think the dampening of libido is winning out, 'cause today was a rather ahem, dreamy day, but thoughts that started just kind of stopped (which is not how this day was going). So, it could be the stronger specimen wins out.

I assumed you were just kidding when you made your original post -- how cool that you actually tried this experiment, and even cooler that you felt those sensations! Fascinating that it not only did end up with a sort of overall zero effect, but that you first experienced that "push/pull" phase! Thanks for sharing your findings here!

So right there is a bit of confirmation for us that opposing forces do work to offset each other. I do want to try working with other, non-opposing stones to see how they might complement each other, or if they might join to create new results...I've been in a phase of working with one stone at a time as I learn them, but will think about how to also build in some practice with multiple stones in combinations...

LaurelBelle

In a way I was kidding, but only in the sense that I was having fun. Experimenting for knowledge is a great game, and lots of fun.

I've heard that black tourmaline and smoky quartz is a great combination for protection, but I am not quite in a situation where I can test that. I have a high need for personal protection at the moment, but a lot of my negativity is internal and understandably so due to my situation.

Perhaps someone who has every right to be happy but keeps feeling "off" might be willing to put this combination on for a while and tell us how it went.

I've been working with a combination for a chakra set including shielding and cleansing, but I can't carry it very long or it gives me a headache (I have blocks it fights through, long story). Other than that, it would be nice to have stones of comparable strength to work with.

Does anyone have a comparable set of moonstone and lapis lazuli? Something tells me that would be neat. Ooh, I have calcite and something grounding (black tourmaline), and intuition tells me they are of comparable strength. I'm particularly susceptible to both of these stones, I'm gonna go stick them in my pocket for the evening and come back later. This may be tampered with by the fact that tonight is beer night, but perhaps not. Beer both grounds me and weakens those blocks. Don't worry, beer night isn't frequent, I'll try it again after I recover from beer night, perhaps the comparison will be interesting.

Research really floats my boat.

Edit to add - first impressions: If holding them in my hand, the dominant sensation has to do with the stone that is between my index finger and my thumb. It feels like a primary position, and the sensations change if I rotate the primary position with the position further back in my palm. Also, you so should not have encouraged me when I've had the beer.

Edit to add further initial impressions - This started off with me thinking my calcite piece would overpower the black tourmaline. I had the big head, but it's lowered. It's settled over my eyes, and now it's also working with my stomach, and instead of thinking about the world, I want to act. Unfortunately, with the beer, this has led me to believe that drawing on the sidewalk while that neighbor who has been flirting with me is moving about the place is a really good idea. I don't want him flirting with me, yet I'm going to grab my son's chalk and go out there anyway. Don't worry about the beer/son combination, he's at his dad's tonight. Thus beer. We really need more people in an experimenting mood, preferably sober.

LaurelBelle

The rest of the night really went the same way, with the feeling that the effects of the calcite lowered, I'm going to wear them today for a while though, minus the beer. I forgot they were there for a while and had stimulating conversation, and I wasn't easily distracted which was interesting.

Padma

saradippity, your research is fascinating! I shall keep posted to see more of your results - since there is not much information of this nature out there, perhaps you could write a book...?

My 2 cents: I believe if there are conflicts between two stones, the conflicts come from me, not the stones...

and,

I often mix stones to wear together, and when it doesn't feel right, it REALLY doesn't feel right - I know right away if it is the wrong combination, feels like I have a big block of dark inside me, as though all my being is stubbornly saying *no!* and when I remove one of the stones, the feeling goes away. I also know right away if I have removed the wrong one. You just have to trust your gut, I guess.

Anyways, my theory is the stones choose you, and not the other way around...

:)

LaurelBelle

Oh, I doubt I'd write a book. Especially since individual results might be different, you know? But if we got several people experimenting, after time we might be able to pull together a wiki or a web page for the most common findings. Anyway, the calcite and black tourmaline combination didn't seem like it changed much, and I can't tell what kind of effect on me it was having really. Just a pressure around my eyes and on my stomach. My friend came over earlier and we had some interesting conversation, but I don't think I was more insightful but grounded or anything like that.

I meditated with rutliated quartz, citrine, and carnelian earlier. It was lovely, very peaceful and warm. Very pampered feeling, like a big hug.

Padma

Oh, I doubt I'd write a book. Especially since individual results might be different, you know? But if we got several people experimenting, after time we might be able to pull together a wiki or a web page for the most common findings.

That was an *awesome* idea, saradippity. Shall we begin a list? I am game! We need to get all the crystal people on board...we can actually post a link here with our findings, I am sure. i will talk to a mod and see what happens... :)