Learning The Cards Classroom

daphne

Our schedule is to meet every week-end, Saturday and Sunday counting as 1 day of class. Therefore, you can drop by anytime during these two days. I did that because we do not live all in the same area so we are subject to time zones and also because our private lives might not always allow us to be there at certain time or day. By keeping this class flexible, we make it easier for every student to participate. When you stop by, or if you are free to check from time to time you might actually be "live" with other students. So, I will say it is a mixed thread/chat type of classroom ;)

We are going to study the entire deck card by card with as "text books" the Iris Treppner's Course and the book from Colette Sylvestre. "But", we will not lock ourselves into them. Meaning I'm gonna post tomorrow a summary of the meaning given by I. Treppner and given by C. Sylvestre, then all the students who feel up to, will post what the card means to them.
For that reason, if you have the time, you might want to study on one of the cards we will discuss or on both ("The Rider" and The Clover).

We will also see how to interpret each card in relation to the others. You can, if you'd like look at the card according to "themes":

- Love
- Finances
- Career
- Health

Once we are done with these 2 cards I will post them on the "reference" thread that I called "Cards Meaning and Combination". And we will move on from one card to the other.
We will also learn diverse layouts and at that time, try them out.
Besides that, here is our "Motto":

"There is no question that is irrelevant or silly" and "Any meaning discovered from personal study is worth sharing"

Finally, we will stay away from heated debates, as our goal is to have a peaceful classroom where we will concentrate on learning how to use the Oracle.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. You can PM me if you'd like.

Thanks for your interest, we'd be glad to have you join us! :D

Thanks for joining! Looking forward to have you in class!:D

Thank you for detailed explanation!

I have difficulties to look at one card and think of meanings. It`s like looking at a letter, trying to see the word. I read hear that Lenormand is so much different than Tarot. Lenormand means combinations. The second card is the adjective of the first.

Maybe an idea would be to discuss combinations? One card combined with the rest 35, what could be their meanings?
I`ll try to do this for the 2 cards we start with, although I am not sure if I can get it right. I am a beginner finding Lenormand really difficult. In a way, that is why I like it, it`s a challenger.

daphne

Now I saw the books you use to study.
What if I don`t have the books, may I still join?

Priestess

Good Luck LZ. Hope all goes well for you and all your participants, without too much interference!!!!

LadyZelda

Now I saw the books you use to study.
What if I don`t have the books, may I still join?

This is not a problem, having the course or book is not a requirement to join. We, who have them will help those who don't. Moreover, you will have a summary right here in the class and as we go I will copy/paste the info on the "Cards meaning and combination" thread so that anyone will be able to go to it as an "Ebook" without searching through our discussions.

Thanks for desiring to study with us :D

Good Luck LZ. Hope all goes well for you and all your participants, without too much interference!!!!

Thanks Priestess :D I too hope for the same and look forward for this class to be as peacefull as I wanted it to be...

celticnoodle

oh LadyZelda, this is just what I need! I have a few different Lenromand decks, and I do love them, but rarely work with them. I'll try to go along with you, though weekends are generally crazy here for me--so if I cannot do it on the weekend, I'll at least follow along and do it on Mondays.

looking forward to, if nothing else, following along with ya'll and going through my Lenormand deck, (one of them anyway!:D). Getting to know the deck more and hopefully using it more too as a result. Thank you for starting this thread.

Wendywu

Moderator Note

Some off topic posts have been removed.

Please stick to the subject at hand, and not who is best suited to do what, as such posts really don't help anyone learn anything about the cards.

Thank you

Wendywu
Co-Moderator

Empath111

I have a question. I have the mystical lenormand deck. Should I just try to focus on meditating on the cards in this deck alone? Or should I go online and look at cards from another/other decks too?

I am thinking one deck at a time, but not sure how different the decks are :)

lord_ewin

I'd get to know your deck first, but if you want to see what others are refering to, there's no harm in going for a look. Especially since your deck doesn't have the playing card insets, which helps differentiate people in the cards.

Regards,
LE

LadyZelda

oh LadyZelda, this is just what I need! I have a few different Lenromand decks, and I do love them, but rarely work with them. I'll try to go along with you, though weekends are generally crazy here for me--so if I cannot do it on the weekend, I'll at least follow along and do it on Mondays.

looking forward to, if nothing else, following along with ya'll and going through my Lenormand deck, (one of them anyway!:D). Getting to know the deck more and hopefully using it more too as a result. Thank you for starting this thread.

CelticNoodle, first of all :) Welcome to our classroom :)

For attending, yes, do as you can according to your private life.

Thank you for starting this thread.

You're quite welcome :D I'm glad you find it helpful!

I have a question. I have the mystical lenormand deck. Should I just try to focus on meditating on the cards in this deck alone? Or should I go online and look at cards from another/other decks too?

I am thinking one deck at a time, but not sure how different the decks are :)

I too have the Mystical Lenormand among others, but I'm especially drawn to that one...I personally don't see any problem in studying with this one or another.
The only difference is that it doesn't have on the cards the cartomancy correspondance. Thus, if you feel that you would have a more complete meaning for the card by adding the cartomancy meaning you will need to know which cartomancy correspond to which Lenormand card. So it is really up to you, to either study just with the Mystical or turn also to the other types of Lenormand. Otherwise, even if each deck have its own "art" the symbols remain the same.

To make easier for you and all other students who do not have a deck with the cartomancy and might want to know about it; I typed a list of all the cards with their cartomancy correspondance and I posted it in our "reference" thread "The Cards Meaning & Combination". Here is the link:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3118575&posted=1#post3118575

Some off topic posts have been removed.

Please stick to the subject at hand, and not who is best suited to do what, as such posts really don't help anyone learn anything about the cards.

Thank you

Wendywu
Co-Moderator

Thanks Wendywu :D

LadyZelda

Study of The Rider & The Clover

(ITC = Iris Treppner's Course - CS = Colette Silvestre)

1- The Cavalier/Rider:

German Source: (ITC)

News, transport, sport, business entreprises, a horse, a young man. Movement & communication, messages, moving toward a card: dynamic, moving away from a card: stagnation.

Medical: Joints, tendons, ligaments

Timing: within 2 days - Fast

Astro: 3rd house - self representation

French Source: (C.S)

Diverse info, visits. News can be happy followed by positive cards or unhappy followed by negative cards.

Cartomancy:

9 of hearts:
Success, victory, many satisfactions, fulfillment of hope regarding love, joys, pleasures.

Student Source:

This is what I got by studying the card (please keep in mind that it is just my personal view; you don't have to adopt it, follow your own judgement) :

Health: Quick recovery

Financial: Improvement, things start to be more active

Love: New encounter, romantic partner, evolution

Career: Going further, news about advancement, things are progressing, job that include going from place to place (like a VIP), outdoor job, job with animals.

General meaning: Getting news about a certain matter, movement, going places, visit from someone not close by, news from afar, advancement, new horizons.

1- The Clover:

German Source: (ITC)

Spark of luck (not continuous), hope.

Medical: Recovery, eating a diet containing iron is advisable

Timing: Suddenly and unexpectedly within 4 days.

Astro: Jupiter planet related to luck and increase.

French Source: (C.S)

Luck, success, growth, prosperity

Cartomancy:

6 of Diamond:
A mix meaning here, can be gift, money gain, as well as difficulties due to unwise money management. The card combination will determine what it will be.

Student Source:

This is what I got by studying the card (please keep in mind that it is just my personal view; you don't have to adopt it, follow your own judgement) :

Health: A turn for the better, good health

Financial: Lucky gain, sudden outpouring of money, lucky investment, prosperity

Love: Finding a partner when not expecting it, being at the right time at the right place to meet someone, a relationship gets another chance

Career: Unexpected opportunity, luck with a job application, promotion granted, get the job you dreamed of and that seemed inaccessible

General meaning: Luck in any area, doors are opening wide, success, positive turn of a situation, things are blooming, progressing in the right direction, prosperity, opportunity, sudden turn of the wheel for the better, improvement

Please, anyone of you who feels up to, share your own "Student Source" :D