Legacy of the Divine Tarot- favourite card

tarotcognito

I'm not a fan of Marchetti's art style, but I love the Three of Wands.

Ashtaroot

The high priestess and the moon

Cassandra022

been using this deck a lot this week...

Lately I've been really taken with the Strength card
also, love the 3 of wands, very atmospheric to me...

High Priestess is always a favorite here too, as is the Hermit

Jes

I can't pick one, but off the top of my head I love...

All the Knights, I love that there are no faces in these, the 3 of cups, 2 of coins and 9 of swords.

Practicing Human

I agree with the depiction of the Knights. There's something about the vacant helmets and the steeds specific to their elements of rule that really encapsulate the essence of the Knight.

As this deck is new for me I'm sure I have yet to discover more favorites, but my current favorite Major is Temperance. Although she does not have a foot each on land and in water nor does she have the chalices like traditional depictions, I like how she is suspended, which illustrates temperance at work, and I love the fire from one hand rising and the water from the other falling. The LWB speaks to the elements of air and earth by way of fire (rising into the air) and water (falling to the earth).

In the minors I love the 8 of pentacles. Everything about that depiction represents tenacity, hard work, diligence, and repeated effort in order to get things just right.

Hlb9525

my favorite cards...

The Emperor!

Lol.. and not just because I'm an Aries..

I know that some people have issues with the Emperor, but I really love him.

He represents order and authority, things that were seriously lacking in my life growing up, maybe that is why I'm drawn to him.
He leads, he doesn't follow, he steps in and brings order and law to what he sees as chaos and lawlessness.

As crazy as it sounds, when I see the Emperor card, I think of one of the old westerns that I love to watch. It reminds me of Jimmy Stewart in "Destry Rides Again". He is a man in control of himself, a leader, although the towns people aren't willing to accept it. He steps in and cleans up the town, bringing law and order, imposing rule and authority. He is quiet, but insistent, and the Emperor card reminds me of this every time that I turn it.

My 2nd favorite is... the 10 of Cups. In the LODT deck the 10 is a cat and a dog cuddled together in dozing in front of a fire. You can see that the fire is cracking and snapping, the house is warm against any weather outside. The contentment, harmony and peace almost radiate off the card.

My 3rd favorite is the Sun. The light, optimism, innocence and level-headed aspects of the card call to me in a big way.

Lol.. just realized something. ALL of the cards that I am drawn to, speak to the direct opposite of things that I had to deal with growing up.

Growing up there was chaos, negetivity, pessimism, fear, high drama and discontent.

Since I got old enough to determine the path of my own life, I have searched for the things portrayed in the cards that are my favorites. And for the most part, I think I have been successful in finding them.

Interesting.... something new for me to think about.

flipperjane

I almost always work with music, it really does help set the mood. I have a very eclectic taste and the choice varied considerably from card to card from Puccini to Led Zeppelin (go figure).
For the three cards you mention it was Madame Butterfly, If you have access to the part called "Un bel Dí vendremo", play it and look at those cards again. Its real lump in the throat emotion.

I will certainly do this as I have Madame Butterfly. What a wonderful tip

pretty fond of Led Zeppelin too :D

GotH

10 of Coins

The card in this deck just makes me feel good when I hold it..

flipperjane

favourite cards

I love all the Knights.

6 of Swords is glorious
2 of Cups - lovely
4 of Wands, Ace of Wands, 3 of Wands,
7 of cups,
3 of Swords
Chariot

that's just a very quick sweep through - i think it will change. I like nearly all of them very much indeed.