Letting Others Handle Your Tarot Deck

Tarotlocqueen

Hello. I don't normally read for others (I use the Black Cats of Tarot Deck), but I noticed that during a recent reading for a friend, the reading seemed kind of off. I did another reading and that reading too seemed off. I decided to let my friend shuffle and cut the deck (instead of just cutting the deck) and I dealt the cards. Afterwards, the readings seemed to better answer his questions. Is this typically? Do different decks like to be handled differently? Is it safe to let others handle my deck in this fashion or should I use another deck when reading for others? Thanks!!!

gregory

Perfectly safe. As long as they have clean hands and it isn't your most special hand made deck whose gold paint comes off a lot. Seriously; I do have one deck even I handle nervously!

Lareia

I think this is something you need to decide for yourself. Some readers swear by letting the querent shuffle, others don't ever want anyone to touch their decks. If it feels better to you, then just go ahead.

Edit: I second what gregory said, make sure they have clean hands. :D

Tarotlocqueen

Thanks

chongjasmine

It is up to you, I guess.
Personally, I don't let anyone but myself touch the cards.
But if letting others touch your card work well for you, by all means, go ahead.

Citrin

If it works - go for it! :) That's how I deal with my tarot thoughts. I experiment, and then I do what works for me.

I almost never do face to face readings these Days, but if I would I'd let them touch my deck, no problem. :)

Thoughtful

Hello. I don't normally read for others (I use the Black Cats of Tarot Deck), but I noticed that during a recent reading for a friend, the reading seemed kind of off. I did another reading and that reading too seemed off. I decided to let my friend shuffle and cut the deck (instead of just cutting the deck) and I dealt the cards. Afterwards, the readings seemed to better answer his questions. Is this typically? Do different decks like to be handled differently? Is it safe to let others handle my deck in this fashion or should I use another deck when reading for others? Thanks!!!

Its quite safe to let others handle your decks and l don't feel you need a special deck for this. You noticed a difference when you allowed the cards to be shuffled by your friend so this could be your way of working. We are all different in the way we work with our decks, for myself l do the shuffling and it works fine.
Experiment some more and see how it works for you. There is no right or wrong.

yannie

Do I? Would I? Aw HYEALLNO!!! Lol. But like others have said, it's entirely up to you, what you feel comfortable with.

Padma

I always let the person I am reading for shuffle, if I am reading in the flesh. I find the answers much more clear that way...however, as others have said, it's up to you.

But - online - as I often participate in exchange groups here, when I am reading the other person, it still works out, even with me doing the shuffling. So I think it depends on the situation.

When reading for others in the flesh, it helps me to focus if they shuffle. I find it helps them focus and be receptive to the reading, and it gives me time to collect myself, and absorb some of their vibes/thoughts, and center in on their question.

I do have only about ten decks I let others handle, and those are the decks I use to read others with in person... The rest are only for my hands :)

Miss Divine

Very few are allowed to shuffle my favorite decks. In the past people have damaged my cards because of their aggressive and reckless shuffling. So if I read for people I don't fully trust to shuffle like a normal human I will usually give them a deck I'm not concerned about. (Like my Robin Wood or something like that).