Light Grey Art Lab's Cosmos Tarot and Oracle Set

earthair

Hi - does anyone know how best to contact them? I have sent 2 messages via the Light Grey website but 5 days on...still no reply :rolleyes:

rwcarter

Hi - does anyone know how best to contact them? I have sent 2 messages via the Light Grey website but 5 days on...still no reply :rolleyes:
I used the Contact Us link on their website. I believe it only took a day or two for me to get a response back.

RavenLuna

Finally got my copy, but I had to pay £12.53 for customs and handling. I'm missing an oracle card! I've emailed them, but after seeing that @earthair did not get a reply, I'm a bit concerned. I used the hello @ lightgreyartlab .com address

Apart from those disappointments, it's a gorgeous deck. I put all the cards together for a new deck interview, and got the Telescopium card for what it can teach me, which I found amusing :)

AnjouTwo

This is a very 20th Century suggestion, but they do have a telephone number listed on their web site. If you're not getting a response, I would just call them (UTC-6h).

RavenLuna

Update on customer service

Got a reply to my email. They are sending a replacement card :)

earthair

This is a very 20th Century suggestion, but they do have a telephone number listed on their web site. If you're not getting a response, I would just call them (UTC-6h).

I prefer to save money and not pay for international calls ;)

Annabelle

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, Earthair.

I double-checked my deck set, and everything is there, and my cards are cut quite evenly -- sounds like the cutting and packing machinery just went awry on yours :bugeyed:.

I'm loving the Cosmos tarot more and more, but I think it's in part due to a personal, positive gut reaction to the artwork and colors and so on . . . it just "grabs" me in a way that I cannot logically articulate.

Nemia

The shipping is so expensive... I simply can't afford it. What a pity, I love it. I'll have to keep saving for the decks I really like; they're nearly all independently published and not available on dear Book Depository. Why do I live in such a remote corner of the world??????

I really envy those of you who have it.

Those of you who don't know the constellations shown in the deck: I can only urge you to grab your smartphone and Google sky map or some other stargazing application - and go searching for the constellations at night. It's a wonderful feeling to see Taurus with his glowing red eye (Aldebaran), the Gemini (Castor and Pollux), and of course beautiful Orion. Of course in the Northern hemisphere - I'm always sorry I can't see the constellations in the South. If you go out in the evening, you can still see the summer constellations (the gorgeous Swan, the lyre with beautiful Vega, and the Eagle with Altair), a bit later the Autumn constellations are above (Pegasus, Andromeda), and late at night the wonderful winter constellations mentioned above.

I can't explain the awe I feel when I look at the constellations that are so far away that humanity has seen them (nearly) unchanging for thousands of generations. Our cultures are built on the stories in the sky, our beliefs and our sciences are inspired by them.

It's so easy nowadays to do stargazing; an application and a good basic book like Stargazing for Dummies is enough to get you going.

I feel that to get the most out of this deck (which I don't have and can't afford right now), you should try to find the constellations it shows. It also makes astrology so clear. When Taurus is above, Scorpio is below (applications allow you to "see" the stars below the horizon). Of course - they're opposed to each other in the zodiac.